Imperial Bulletin > Conventions & Events

UCON @ UCONN

(1/2) > >>

Goldleaderone:
Just wondering if anyone is planning on attending UCON @ UCONN, from Feb. 5-7. I'm going with a friend, and we wanna try to go both Friday and Saturday, but Saturday is the day we're defiantly going.
 We're not into anime, but the main reason we're going is there's a guy we watch on the internet named "The Nostalgia Critic" aka "That Guy With the Glasses" who reviews entertainment from the 80s-90s and usually rips the bad movies. Plus its something new to do.

For those curious, UCON is a convention based around anime, games, video games, movies, music, and just about any other area of entertainment in the world.  It is a three-day event that will start on Friday February 5th and end on Sunday February 7th.  During this time, there will be tons of activities for participants including: anime and movie screenings, casual video games as well as tournaments, tabletop games, card games, board games, guest speakers from the entertainment industry, panels open for discussion on a variety of topics, and a multitude of performances both user supported and professional.  There will also be a “vendor’s room” open during the entire convention where people can either show and display their goods for sale (relative to the convention itself), or con-goers can walk around, browse, and maybe purchase an item or two.

Here's the site if anyone is interested:  http://sites.google.com/site/uconatuconn/home

I'll be posting an announcement on my youtube channel when it gets closer to the dates of the convention.

Phatty:
That sounds cool!  Be sure to take lots of pics and send us a write up!  We look forward to seeing all kinds of events around the world!

Goldleaderone:

--- Quote from: Phatty on January 25, 2010, 08:11:47 PM ---That sounds cool!  Be sure to take lots of pics and send us a write up!  We look forward to seeing all kinds of events around the world!

--- End quote ---

Defiantly. I'll be bringing my camcorder for videos. My friend has a digital camera so if my pictures don't come out good I'll use his.

EDIT:  Oops, didn't see the conventions and events section, my apologies! I'm usually good with posting in the right section.

Goldleaderone:
Got a video up about UCON, just explaining the details and informing everyone that I'll be there.

Reconsgt:
Sounds like a good time,   One day it would be cool to take a few "mini" vacations and hit a series of these cons, but this won't be the year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version