Author Topic: BOBF Throne Room  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
BOBF Throne Room
« on: February 10, 2022, 04:33:55 AM »
This one is sure stirring up the pot. Probably the best playset Hasbro has ever made, but wow so pricey at $229.99. Is anyone getting it?

" STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH BOBA FETT’S THRONE ROOM PLAYSET
(HASBRO/Age 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $229.99/Available: Summer 2023)
Featuring vintage-inspired packaging and original Kenner branding, this STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH BOBA FETT’S THRONE ROOM PLAYSET can be used to create a full scene inspired by STAR WARS: THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT live-action series with moveable pieces and multiple detailed accessories. The playset also includes a highly poseable BIB FORTUNA (TATOOINE) figure, with Kenner-inspired staff accessory. Presented on STAR WARS: THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT cardback the playset makes for a great gift for any STAR WARS fans. Available for preorder starting 2/10/2022 at 1PM ET at HasbroPulse.com"

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: BOBF Throne Room
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 07:43:12 AM »
Yeah I think it's kind of funny how the legacy jabba's throneroom last I checked was going for $250, on ebay so hasbro makes one infinitely better, that's an actual throne room, charges $230, and Hasbros the greedy one.  I can see the accessories alone going for stupid amounts of money on ebay.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 04:23:39 AM »
I am so on the fence for this one. I haven't ordered it yet, but probably will.

This is an epic playset for Hasbro.

I can see folks getting their hands on the accessories for this and casting the heck out of em.

Offline Raylen

• Lieutenant
    • Hole in the Ground Productions
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 06:26:50 PM »
I was just in the process of designing a throne room for a new display shelf and I was splitting hairs on how much space I had to work with. Then they dropped this sucker. I was going to design a Bob throne as well as the BBQ spit. Well, that's TWO items I don't have to worry about designing right there. Definitely overpriced IMO. However, saves me a lot of time and energy I can devote towards other diorama projects so I pulled the trigger. Hasbro's really gonna rake it in.

Consider this. Pulse charges roughly the same per product as retailers. So they are selling them for LESS to the retailers. Probably a bulk discount as well. Hasbro sells directly to us and they make an even bigger profit on each product sold. They can't undercut retailers too much and can't sell earlier either or they would damage the sales from their TRUE "valued customers", the bulk retailers like Walmart and Target. So making a Pulse "exclusive" makes sense in a way. They aren't competing with their retailer partners, and they can put a higher than reasonable price tag on it. There's no competitors.

I hate when the term "greedy" is thrown around because at the end of the day, the price is what the market will bear. We saw that with the Black Series Rancor. However, what they've done with all the new Fett figures; marked up as "deluxe" over a few accessories he should probably come with anyway? I think they're crossing that line more and more.
Collector by choice. Customizer by necessity

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 07:22:50 PM »
Pulse is still an etailer though. They aren't a wholesale outlet, you can't even buy full cases. They have as much overhead as bbts or ee, they all buy at bulk wholesale price. It's like with haslab, if they made it regular release, it would just sit on shelves/warehouses, costing retailers money, until they clearence them out.  This playset is unprecedented, usually we get a wall, and a pack-in figure, but this is much more, with 50 accessories, some big but mostly smalls. It's hard to really put a value on it. If I hadn't already made a jabba's palace, I'd definitely get it. It sucks when you put a lot of effort into making something, then hasbro makes the same thing, but better.

The fett tax is perplexing. It has to be something other than "greed". The fett figures are about $6 overpriced, which is nearly 50% increase, its not like were not going to notice it. In my business, if prices get too high you start loosing customers, there's a balance. You can't just jack up prices to whatever you want. Maybe they think they can get away with it, with boba fett, but they're being too obvious about it, if that's the case 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 06:57:29 AM »
It is interesting about the price point on Boba and all the myriad versions they are releasing now.

One wonders if they are just trying to see what the saturation point is?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 02:52:16 PM »
  Speaking for myself, id pay deluxe prices for a mayor Mok Shaize or Black Krrsantan, not another boba fett. I bought the first one, but skipped the last one.  I'm not buying any more boba fetts or mandos for that matter, until they make black krrsantan, those are my terms. I would die of shock if they made mok Shaize.  I have at least 5 or 6 different mandos. Ahsoka is getting to be the same way, I skipped the deluxe ahsoka, because I bought a case with two in it already. 

I have a feeling Pulse isn't very profitable, outside of, that's the only way they can sell haslabs. Pulse I don't think makes much on them, if anything, as a retailer. I think hasbro is willing to take a hit in order to sell haslabs. Im sure they invested a lot of money on it's infrastructure, and advertising, probably won't see a profit for years. They're trying to get people to join their membership, but I still don't see any advantage. I can buy full cases on EE and get free shipping.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2022, 06:03:53 AM »
It would have been interesting to see what the full backing tiers would have gotten you with this if it had been a true HasLab. I have a feeling some of those characters would have been a part of it as would 8D8.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2022, 10:54:56 AM »
If it was 100 bucks cheaper still be a bit overpriced. Its a really cool piece but they are asking to  much.

Worst part is this one not selling well might doom future releases. The demand exist but needs the right pricing.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2022, 07:45:39 AM »
This was just too cool to not order. I agree way overpriced, but I just couldn't overlook it and I tried too for about a week.

We have been after Hasbro to produce something like this for awhile now. I have a feeling this was gonna be their next HasLab, but after the Rancor failed they were worried it wouldn't get backed and they had a ton of work and tooling in it. I am guessing that is one reason for the increased price point.

I mean lets face it, this is probably the best playset we have seen since the Death Star Playset back in the Kenner Line. I can't imagine the prices in the secondary market when this gets released. I am also hoping this paves the way for other even better playsets like Echo Base, etc.

Offline Mos-Eisley-Customz

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2023, 07:43:10 PM »
I caved and got one, experimenting with the lighting. pretending certain characters didn't die 😆 and Boba has moved his tribe into the palace lol  ..it's a lot of money for what it is but loving it

"Zuckuss & 4-Lom bring in the bounty"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2023, 08:56:39 AM »
Nice. Mine should be on the way!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2023, 11:47:25 PM »
Those are great shots. I think the first image is my favorite lighting. I look forward to seeing this in person.

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2023, 04:09:11 AM »
Nice. Mine should be on the way!

Cool. what theme are you going with, book of boba fett or Jaba?

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2023, 04:10:50 AM »
Those are great shots. I think the first image is my favorite lighting. I look forward to seeing this in person.

Think i like the first shot best too. think i need to get some lights with a dimmer function so i can make it darker