Author Topic: The Razor Crest - HasLab #2 for 2020/2021 - The Mandalorian  (Read 16622 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
The Razor Crest - HasLab #2 for 2020/2021 - The Mandalorian
« on: September 25, 2020, 02:24:59 PM »
The HasbroPulse website is back up since 5 pm EST. And I think The Razor Crest is off to a good start!

Back Hasbro's second HasLab project for STAR WARS and The Vintage Collection here:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-razor-crest

This time around there are stretch-goals at the 8,000 and 10,000 backers mark. Which bonus content and extras they include has yet to be announced.

Being (only) 30" long and 20" wide and 10.5" tall plus the popularity if the spacecraft of the Mandalorian, I think Hasbro could release this vehicle as a regular of the TVC lineup. They could've gone with something else this time maybe a playset of the Mos Eisley Cantina or a set of 10 individual VC cards of the original 96 that are less popular for a regular release. Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely thrilled for this announcement. And the best news of the day is that European people including the United Kingdom can support this HasLab through Zavvi this time!

https://www.zavvi.de/merchandise-action-figuren/hasbro-haslab-star-wars-the-vintage-collection-mandalorian-razor-crest-limited-edition-figur/12702183.html

What do you think?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 02:54:00 PM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: The Razor Crest - HasLab #2 for 2020/2021 - The Mandalorian
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 02:28:03 PM »
Even though the price of $349.99 is $150 less than the Kethanna, I would've found it fair if Hasbro gave backers more time to support the project, especially with this year being crazy and a year of pandemic. Hasbro should really pay attention that many people including parents and collectors lost their job due to COVID-19. Still their deadline is November 9, 2020.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 03:20:29 PM »
I'm honestly on the fence about it. It's not the money, evidently I'm not going to be buying any new figures anytime soon April at the earliest. They only "revealed" more repacks terrible ones at that.
 It's big. 20x30x10 that might fit in my planned spaceport project. Barely. I'm gonna need a bigger boat. It's really detailed, and I like the removable panels, that's pretty awesome.
I just don't know. I'm just not sure about whether they'll make basic figures for this series before it ends. They claimed if it's backed they'll make enough figures to interact with it, but that should be a given and we should have more than two figures from that series. It seems like they're really pushing overpriced vehicles while neglecting figures.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 05:24:30 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 07:25:59 AM »
What!? Not backing this or on the fence!? What!?

Guys, this is gonna be one we all want. I pre-ordered it as soon as I got home from work. My wife about half got mad at me as I was so focused on getting the order in. LOL. Once she found out what I was doing, she was ok. I also think unlocking the tiers is gonna be fantastic too.

Here is where we are this morning:

I feel pretty good this will get done. I so hope we get those other tiers unlocked too. I think, like the Khetanna, folks will regret not getting on this. And I have to be honest, I thought  yesterday's figure announcement were the best we have had in awhile. I already pre-ordered the armourer, that new fett, and 3.75" Rex and Incinerator Trooper.

I also look for a pretty dedicated 3.75" Mandalorian Figure Wave for the forseable future.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 10:08:22 AM »
 I'm on the fence, but hanging by my fingertips on the side of buying. It's getting backed that's not a matter of debate, and I'm pretty sure it'll hit both it's unlocks. I'm guessing one of the unlocks is a flight mode display.  I wonder what the scale is, exactly. I don't know what the size of the "real" RC is, so I can't calculate it. It's not 1/18, but it's pretty close. You can tell by the cockpit, and the side door is much bigger in comparison to the "real" one. I'm guessing somewhere  around 1/25, which is better than the Slave1 and Falcon which come out to 1/48, 1/3 out of scale.

For me, it's a matter of whether I can fit it on my display. I had planned on making the docking bay this weekend, purpose fit for the Slave I, but now I want that Razor Crest parked in there. However I would need to make it bigger, from 24"x30 to at least 30"x48". Which means I'll have to add another table.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 10:19:31 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 10:49:40 AM »
Yeah, I think it will hit both unlocks too.

I will also say I have been out of space for a few years, but I am gonna make space for this one. I think I just might start a HasLabl SW shelf.

I can't even imagine how good your docking bay would look with the Razor Crest on it surrounded by all those awesome storage containers and mechs and Stormtroopers you have. Can't you just see a docking bay display like that with your Stormies ready to open fire with the gantry on the Crest coming down? I think your set up is just perfect for it.  ()rr

Almost at 5,000!

« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 10:52:02 AM by Tamer »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 02:41:33 PM »
It's officially backed! Within 24 hours. They could have made this mainline for sure. The Falcon repack is bigger and more expensive than this.

You're right Tamer it would look cool in my port. When I get it, I'll get it through your links. Do you need a Pulse account to buy?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 02:45:22 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 04:48:33 PM »
Do you need a Pulse account to buy?

I think you do. Its just Hasbro Toy Shop with a new name imo.

Yepper we are already at this:

Now, if we can get to 8,000 we can get this:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 06:23:48 AM »
As of this morning. I think for sure we are gonna unlock that first tier:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 03:01:18 AM »
As of early this morning:

Thinking first tier unlock this week sometime.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 03:05:23 AM »
Did another check this morning:

Bet we unlock that first goal before the day is over!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2020, 03:49:45 PM »
I called it, it is backed with the first tier. The second stretch goal has be unveiled and its on the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2020, 04:34:58 PM »
I went ahead and got it. Not because of Baby Yoda. I'm pretty cheap so it's hard to crowbar my wallet open for 350 clams, but it's worth it. I don't regret passing on the Barge, mainly because when that was announced I was in the middle of building a Jabbas palace custom fit for my shelf. I couldn't trash it for something I have no room for. This is smaller and more manageable, and the details are nuts. 
P.s. You don't need a Pulse account. Apparently.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 04:44:43 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2020, 02:35:45 AM »
I figured you were going to get one JDeck.

Looks like a lot of folks are jumping on board now. Hope so. I am think we have at least one more unlock and hoping its some carbonite figures.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2020, 06:48:53 AM »
  More unlocks would be welcomed, but I'm not getting my hopes too high. With or without the extra goodies it's still awesome. Seems like they set the bar way low and didn't expect the reaction. It was funded the first day or so. The barge it took quite a while, but this is different.