Author Topic: Fan First Monday 6/23/20 Links  (Read 2590 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Fan First Monday 6/23/20 Links
« on: June 23, 2020, 08:58:07 AM »
Links for Fan First Monday

TVC Carbon Freezing Chamber Playset

Amazon:

https://amzn.to/2Z4ftDB

Entertainment Earth:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/HSE9596

TVC 3.75" Chirrut Imwe

Amazon:

https://amzn.to/2VbclVq

Entertainment Earth:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/HSE93975

TVC 3.75" Bespin Escape Leia

Amazon:

https://amzn.to/3hTDI03

Entertainment Earth:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/HSF1889

40th Anniversary Boba Fett

Amazon:

https://amzn.to/2CCsmgZ

Entertainment Earth:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/HSE8080

TBS 6" Hoth Rebel Trooper

Amazon:

https://amzn.to/2Nqa98p

Entertainment Earth:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/HSF0101

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Fan First Monday 6/23/20 Links
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 10:40:11 AM »
Hasbro Pulse - Fan First Friday on 8/21/2020

So before I read all the 5,124 comments below today's livestream on Hasbro Pulse's Facebook page, I want to digest my own thoughts, first:

1) HasLab: I hoped that Hasbro would reveal their next HasLab project today. Instead, they only said that they'll announce it in a few weeks in September. At least they told us right at the beginning. Bummer. Not the best way to start such an event. It's nothing personal, but I'm still not happy with the current crew for the brand team. They're quite superficial and sort of artificial, too. Who knows to which extend this has to do with Disney and their strict guideline for licensees.

2) TVC: Glad they began with The Vintage Collection this time. The Galaxy's Edge Falcon was still hyped, no word on the whopping $399.99 plus exclusivity.

The Tantive IV playset made my heart skip a beat. It's plain awesome! It's surprising that one of the biggest toy companies in the world needed 24 years to make this a playset when other small, private companies made this as soon as they could and offered their 3D printed sets 10 years ago already. But I'm not complaining. No price was mentioned for the set, but it's a tribute to the 5th Anniversary of Rogue One. Well, if you miss to bring stuff out when the movie hits theaters, then you can still wrap it in paper and give it as anniversary present years later. Funny. At least we get Chirrut, K-2SO and hopefully all the other main characters with VC number in the next couple years...
The pack-in figure for the playset is a Rebel Fleet Trooper with new head sculpt on RO card. What a welcome repack! I still hope they'll include an alternate head to swap and create two different Rebel soldiers. But if they did, they would've probably mentioned it. It would make sense since this playset is also modular. So they are aware that people will not buy two, but multiples of them! So glad they decided to make this one. I'm curious to see the packaging.
Comments in discussions on YakFace said that it was likely to be the Tantive IV hallway or the Cantina because both appeared in Rogue One and The Mandalorian - Disney's own properties. And since this playset is based on Rogue One (at least it's labeled that way), it appears to be another evidence that their suggestion is true: Disney does prefer their licensees to produce their own properties - not the ones of George Lucas.

When they talked for ever about the other "very important" character of this particular scene, my heart exploded in excitement! Is it FINALLY ANH Princess Leia, fully updated, all new sculpt with photo-real tech? They mentioned photo-real along with the Fleet Trooper. But NO! It's Vader from Rogue One! Another VADER!! Don't get me wrong: Figure and card look amazing and Vader is always a welcome addition to the line-up, but come on: People are dying for a new Princess Leia!
Anyhew, I'm thrilled for this new playset! Do you remember all the dioramas Hasbro created on SDCC 2017? The Tantive IV hallway was among them. I'll take a look back to see what else they had there...maybe a little tease and further hints there of what's to come next?

The Hondo Onaka looks just brilliant! It was nice to hear how much thought they still put into a single design. His coat seems to be made of PVC, which gives it a nice flexibility. They also introduced that distinct shade of yellow for all further characters based on Galaxy's Edge. I really dig it!

3) TBS: The Black Series was rather on the short side today. And I do hope 6 inch collectors felt today what 3 3/4 inch collectors have been feeling the last 7 years. The Imperial Purge Trooper for the Gaming Greats was such a needed choice! Just a repaint with (new) accessory, but still a welcome additio to your collection of Jedi: Fallen Order! I so hope they'll also re-release the first one with red deco.
The Phase I Clone Lieutenant as a Walgreens exclusive was just another lazy repaint here. It's come so far that hot army-builders are sold as exclusives by now. Artificial limitation is the key-word here...so not necessary.
Still, there's so much to be officially announced by Hasbro and if I was a 6 inch collector, I'd put my bucks aside for all the good stuff to come...

4) 3.75" announcement: The return of 5POA! For limited time. They gotta be kiddin', right? They told me on Comic Con Germany last December that they decided to abandon 5POA and they even admitted they didn't perform well. HA! To keep it short: They're back. And sold in Multipacks of 5. Interesting.
I think I like the packaging design more that the actual content! If I see the boxes empty somewhere in a dumpster, I'll get them out just to put some super-articulated figures inside. The choices of characters they include strongly remind me of all the single-carded figures that did NOT sell and were either destroyed after they didn't even sell at discount stores or went offshore...
I mean seeing multipacks return is thrilling! Do they try to make them more interesting when they only offer them for a "limited time"?! No word on prices again, but children need to save their pocket money for some time, if they really are their target audience for these packs...I mean come on! They say at the beginning that children want more play features and they come up with the idea of bringing back 5 POA figures? To me thats just a lazy excuse. It seems they took back some stock that didn't sell and now try to sell it again in different packaging. No words...if they only added more articulation like in 2005. What could've been...
Also some wird choices: Ahsoka's Astromech Droid to be the selling factor for 4 other Jedi (with photo real tech) that every kid already got? REALLY!!? Droid Factory seems to run well! If they think I'll buy all this junk for a single figure...I wonder how many people will walk into stores again, and "swap" the droid in the pack, when they actually steal it. tunghori here I come!

5) Role-play toys: Darth Sidious Force FX Lightsaber - brilliant choice! Incredible detail and accuracy for Hasbro's standards. Good to see we get some villians' weapons, now. I just got the one from Count Dooku.
When they first showed the commercial for Darth Revan's lightsaber, I was sure they'd announce Revan's mask for the Black Series next, but NOPE! Dew it instead!

So that was 46 minutes of my lifetime and for the sake of the Tantive IV playset, I can say it was not wasted.
Some people do nothing, but complain and I wonder why they even join such a livestream. Some comments were actually deleted, which were not offensive in my eyes. The questions at the end were very good, although Hasbro would never give us a straight and honest answer.

What are your thoughts? Any guesses for the next HasLab?

Hasbro Pulse uploaded the full event on their Facebook page including the growing number of comments, which I'll try to read now...

Have a great weekend everyone & stay safe!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 12:24:08 PM by Darth More »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 12:21:14 PM »
I wish they would had been making playsets all along. It's basically been since potf2, with exception to the POTJ carbon chamber. I've gotten used to making my own. The Tantive IV display looks great! Really fantastic, but I'm so immersed in my own project, I can't really use it. Had they made it a few years ago I would have bought several. I'll probably get them for the figure and the door parts. I'm not complaining, it's really great, but that's where I'm at right now.  I'm guessing they're $50, but it seems like there is more to it than the Jabbas palace and freezing chamber.

The 5poa repack line is interesting. Some of these figures are considered rare, like Scout trooper, snowtrooper and emperor. Basically the droids are the biggest buy in factor. The thing I liked best about the 5poa line were the accessories, now they have no accessories. I'll definitely get the imperial and Sith ones, outside of the bounty hunters, the rest will sit hard. Bad guys sell, 5poa or not.

Also no ANH Leia for the release of the Tantive IV?  That is the most neglected figure, for being so iconic. Instead they make a Darth Vader which is cool as long as it's all new.  But ANH Leia would have been a more obvious choice.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 12:38:43 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Fan First Friday 8/21/20 Links
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 07:45:10 AM »
Darth More thanks for summarazing the main points. It was nice to get in here and read your points before I watched the Pulse video this morning. I had family comittments and wasn't able to get online yesterday. For once I am about half sad I didn't see the news when it was released, but nothing totally blew me away.

I am liking the fact that we are getting some dio and playset announcements. I don't know how long we have badgered Hasbro over that over the years. Ever since we were created I do know that! I am not liking the fact that it seems their latest motus operandi is you have to buy multiple sets of it to really have a playset, but I will take it.

I wasn't blown away by the figure announcements too much but do like that Hondo. I will make sure to get it probably. The RO Vader I am not so sure. I mean, I am like everyone else, great another Vader! How many times do they really plan to remake him? Someone ought to count up all the different versions they have made of him. I bet it would be in the hundreds by now.

The Saga Packs I went meh on when I saw the 5 POA and yes I thought that line was dead too. I think they are fishing and threatening the line to go away in hopes folks will want them. I think they will shelf warm like JDeck thinks.

I also agree with both of you on the Leia. I mean really!

Time to get your two's thoughts on the front pages.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 05:48:35 AM by Tamer »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 08:31:49 AM »
Thanks Tamer! I think it's dependent on how well the Bespin playset performs. Since the success of the Jabba's Palace playset Hasbro seem to be aware of the popularity of playsets. They finally listened to their audience. I mean, we had to beg them for years as you say...

I've read through roughly 200 comments so far on Facebook and many fans of The Black Series expressed their disappointment that the Tantive IV playset isn't 1/12 scale. Well, fans and collectors of the 3.75" line have been waiting for this set to come for over 40 years. The Black Series exists for 7 years so far. Sure, Hasbro could release the set in both sets at the same time, but maybe that's too much effort for them at once. Who knows how the pandemic have affected their turnover. And I must not forget that Star Wars toys are not the only item of their product range.

Still, all those fans of TBS seem to have forgotten the amazing dioramas Hasbro presented on their booth on San Diego Comic Con back in 2017. If you ask me, it's just a matter of time until we see such playsets and more environments for the 6 inch line, too. Fans of both scales can be quite hypersensitive when it comes to yet unattained wishes...I'm still surprised how low the general excitement about those dioramas was after SDCC 2017. And I wonder who made those brilliant pieces...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2020, 05:50:46 AM »
I was just commenting in the 2017 sdcc thread that it seems like it will only be a matter of time till we see at least one six inch playset offering.

Gotta wonder how many other larger ships are in store too. Will they ever make a 6" scale Falcon? You gotta at least wonder about it and an X-Wing now. I mean we already have a TIE Fighter.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 03:35:06 AM »
I'm really excited for the next fan event on September 9 8, 2021.
Edit: Thanks for the hint, JDeck!

My guesses are:

- announcement of TVC Princess Leia (A New Hope) to add to the Tantive IV hallway playset.
- reveal of the new Nevarro Cantina Playset. carded pack-in figure: Greef Karga (Season 1)
- new vehicles & beasts? TVC Bespin Cloud Car, TVC Speeder Bike or a Blurgg (I wish at least one of them comes true...)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 02:28:22 AM by Darth More »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2021, 08:07:44 AM »
It'll be Wednesday the 8th at 11am est. They'll most likely reveal the Lando wave. Lando, IG-11, Teebo and Palpatine, that wave is supposed to be out October, it's already September. They might reveal Bib Fortuna and Lobot coming in the Bo Katan wave. Outside of that I don't expect anything else for tvc.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 02:30:48 AM »
Sounds more realistic. Thanks for the reminder, JD! I knew it was on Wednesday, but was wrong with the date. Sorry for the mess. Anyhew I dare to dream again with The Vintage Collection getting new and exciting characters again instead of just repacks and nothingness.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2021, 03:13:02 AM »
They'll probably be up for sale on the 9th. They're all new figures, maybe not Teebo. I have a bad feeling he's going to be the walmart "Paploo" with a new hat. That paploo looks nothing like paploo, I don't know who they're trying to fool. ANH leia has to be on the short list, we haven't gotten a figure of her in a long time, which is probably the most iconic look in star wars. I didn't think they were going to do a fan day thing before pulsecon, but they have to reveal the lando wave. I bet the nevarro cantina comes with a Remnant stormtrooper as a pack in 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2021, 06:24:56 AM »
I am having a feeling they will finally release details on the Rancor HasLab too.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2021, 09:07:31 AM »
   It was a decent fan first. It had a couple surprises, like the stormtrooper army builder, unfortunately it's a pulse exclusive, just sell full casees again. But it's a starting point for more army builders.
Bib fortuna looks great, lobot, is good. I already preordered them with the bo katan case.
Pipeline figrin Dan and death watch mandalorian are cool. Why pipeline repacks like Yoda and clone though?
The RazorCrest not shipping until January isn't a big deal for me, i can wait. I was actually dreading trying to find a place to put it as I'm reorganizing.
So tomorrow I'll probably just get the lando wave, I don't think I'll get a full case though. 2 ig-11s would be nice.  I'll pass on the army builder only because it's an exclusive, and will probably be gone in seconds, but you can never have too many stormtroopers.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 10:14:03 AM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 02:31:51 AM »
Yeah, after sitting on the new reveals I do agree that it was a pretty good reveal.

Loving that TESB Lobot, long overdue imo. Definitely will have that and the Stormtrooper pack.

Liking the six inch on vintage cardbacks for the Mandalorian too. I doubt I will buy too much regular Mandalorian six inch as they seem to always release them on these "chit" vintage cards which I like so much better than the regular packaging. Still, will probably only get the Armourer for sure.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 05:20:14 PM »
I didn't get a whole lot. I got tvc lando 2x Ig-11 and 2x stormtrooper army builders. I skipped emperor. I like the Forcelink one I have. The new one has that cheesy smile, that would look dumb displayed the way I want to. And i skipped teebo, I already have one, that I payed a  decent price for, in that ewok battle pack.

Yeah i like the packaging on the credit figures. If I was a 6er and collected moc id get them. I like that rusty border, that's a nice touch.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2021, 03:10:06 AM »
https://www.shopdisney.com/stormtrooper-action-figure-set-by-hasbro-star-wars-the-vintage-collection-3-34-scale-pre-order-461015720954.html

For those who don't want to join pulse to get the stormies.

I got some of them, lobot, ig, and lando on order