Author Topic: Haslab: What Else Would You Like To See?  (Read 6896 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Haslab: What Else Would You Like To See?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2022, 02:53:10 AM »
Yeah, I never saw that x-wing either. And if you are lucky enough to order online it ain't getting to you in good condition.

I do agree that the Boba Throne Room was probably scheduled to be a HasLab.

I don't see this saber making it.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2023, 12:55:57 AM »
It's been awhile since anyone has posted here, but I was reading thread on another site that finally triggered an idea about HasLab. Given that the Modal Nodes are being released, what about a TVC HasLab of the original Sears Kenner cantina playset?

This time they could do hardscape cantina parts like the Nevarro set, rather than cardboard. I liked the TBS Kenner style Greedo, so they could do the four original aliens in Kenner style (including the Blue Snaggletooth). The stretch goals could include Wuher, the Tonnika sisters, maybe additional cantina parts - chairs, droid sensor, tables - or other cantina denizens. I could totally get behind that.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 12:58:16 AM by Starchaser »

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2023, 02:22:22 AM »
True thanks for coming back! In fact that's a fantastic idea! I like the detailed concept of yours. The Mos Eisley Cantina is high in the ranking for potential HasLabs as far as I know.
I think the next HasLab will be for The Vintage Collection again and probably be announced somewhere in May? Maybe earlier...

My assumption is that Hasbro use the momentum of the 40th Anniversary of ROTJ and select the Ewok Village. But I'd actually prefer the Mos Eisley Cantina in the way you describe it. We had two vehicles so far, ground and space, so chances are there, that it's going to be a playset/building this time.
Regardless what it will be, I'll back it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2023, 04:02:39 AM »
Definitely think its gonna be TVC. They haven't gotten a Black Series one to pass yet. I think they are probably also on a short leash with their current problems and lack of support for past Star Wars HasLabs, especially seeing their success with their Ghostbusters and JOE lines.

Death Star or Star Destroyer playset anyone?

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2023, 04:36:50 AM »
Death Star or Star Destroyer playset anyone?

Definitely on the bucket list, too! Sky is the limit here. But you're probably right with their limited budget in these critical time.
I wonder when they come up with modular HasLabs. A project like this should be complete on its own, but if it's a Death Star to add on to, I cannot wait to see people using their limit of 5 per customer to ACTUALLY KEEP ALL OF THEM. In retrospect I should've gotten the G.I. Joe Sky Stryker. Prices on feebay are never fun on those.

I wonder how much the brand team would have to limit the scale for the Death Star and Star Destroyer as a HasLab. Many possibilities here. But I have to say these two ideas both are ones that I'd rather realize myself with a 3D printer.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2023, 12:49:18 PM »
I just guess I would like to see the brand team throw the "old codgers" (of which I am one - I have the Sears figures from childhood, but I think the cardboard backdrop is long gone) a bone, plus it would put sheer fun back in the line.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2023, 08:00:29 PM »
Id definitely get a Death Star playset modernized. Kind of surprised they haven't done it already.

Offline Raylen

• Lieutenant
    • Hole in the Ground Productions
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2023, 10:55:16 AM »
I'm planning a crowdfund to do the cantina.
Collector by choice. Customizer by necessity

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2023, 07:23:16 AM »
I'm planning a crowdfund to do the cantina.

Awesome idea.