Author Topic: Haslab: What Else Would You Like To See?  (Read 6897 times)

Offline Dag Marus

• Ensign
  • All Hail the Empire!
Haslab: What Else Would You Like To See?
« on: June 27, 2018, 12:13:06 PM »
I was thinking about this, in light of the success of the Sail Barge.  What other items would you like to see produced from this...line, I guess you'd call it? 

Personally, there are some I can't imagine plunking down big bucks for.  Tantive IV, a Star Destroyer or a full on Death Star could never be to a scale I'd want to display with everything else.  But modular diorama settings from either of them, I could totally see.  A SD Bridge, or DS Trash Compactor, Detention Block, or even half a hangar bay?  Oh yeah, I could be into that.

Maybe some of the ships that are sorely in need of an update, like the Y-Wing or...literally any of the ST ships.  Personally, one I'd love to see them tackle (that I know they never will) is Kyle Katarn's Moldy Crow from Dark Forces 1 and 2, maybe with an updated Kyle and Jan.  Take my money now!

What about you guys?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Haslab: What Else Would You Like To See?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 05:42:14 AM »
To scale ships would be something that would get my money. Can you imagine a true to scale AT-AT or AT-M6? Wow!

I like your idea about modular playsets; something that would ultimately combine to say form an outline of the death star or something along those lines.

I would also love to see them do something like this for some of the Ground or Space Battles. Can you imagine them previewing a Battle of Hoth Diorama and then selling a piece or a few pieces of it a year (perhaps the Rebel Side one year and then an Empire counterpart that would connect to the Rebel Trench the following year). You could get a new piece every once in awhile and just keep building it.

Along the same lines I would love to see the Hoth Ion Cannon in a better scale too.

I would love to see them do perhaps a few action figure lines (on vintage cardbacks of course) for figures that were never made from the OT Films. There are a ton they could still do.

I am just kind of thinking out loud this morning. It reminds me I have plans to make a big wooden shelf to hold my barge. I so need to get into my collection and get to enjoying displaying it again.

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 07:34:10 PM »
HasLab could also be a way to get canceled figures/vehicles/etc. out to the collectors.

There are many figures that made it pretty far along but were never released (second Utai for example).

The Geonosian Sonic Cannon that got costed out of the old Geonosis Arena Playset would be another item HasLab could offer, especially since the mold exists.

How about that recently revealed Hoth set (Probot, Probot shell, console, chair, Rebel Troopers)?
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 04:07:23 AM »
How about that recently revealed Hoth set (Probot, Probot shell, console, chair, Rebel Troopers)?

Now that is a daggone good idea Dan!

Offline Dag Marus

• Ensign
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 02:09:33 PM »
Wait.  That was gonna be a thing?!

I'm working on a few new things on my displays too.  I picked up a few of Hole In the Ground's sets and will be doing a bit of Death Star and Cantina building soon.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 02:13:36 PM by Dag Marus »

Offline Rodger

• WoodGuy
  • Commander
  • Jedi Master of Wood and Light
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 07:07:45 AM »

Along the same lines I would love to see the Hoth Ion Cannon in a better scale too.
I'm with you on that.

I am just kind of thinking out loud this morning. It reminds me I have plans to make a big wooden shelf to hold my barge.
 I'm on it as soon as it arrives..Can you say Jabbas Garage. ;D
The New Sandcrawler Workshop on Facebook

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 04:11:02 AM »
I can't wait to see the shelf you make for yours Rodger.

I was just thinking of a shelf I could display it on inside its box.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 05:30:32 AM »
It's awesome to see that you've received your barges by now, gentlemen! I'm very glad for you all and wish you a wonderful time with this gorgous masterpiece from Hasbro!

Talking about future HasLab projects, I generally would like to see:

- a smaller project than the Khetanna with lower price point
- project open WORLDWIDE
- another 3.75" scale project would be awesome, but I guess Hasbro will be fair and puts up a 6" project next

I was talking about this with FialaFernbrugg the other day and he came up with the excellent idea of a Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon in 1/12 scale for the Black Series!
That'd be awesome.
My ideas would be:

The Black Series - 6": 
- X-Wing Starfighter
- A-Wing
- Snowspeeder
- Y-Wing
- modular systems for dioramas such as Deathstar, Jabba's Palace, Mos Eisley Cantina etc.
- accessory sets

And Hasbro definetely need to sell sets of display stands like the one included with the Amazon exclusive Stormtrooper.

I got so many more ideas for 3.75" HasLab projects...what about you guys?

Cheers

- Philipp

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2021, 09:20:56 AM »
So today the long rumored Ultimate Collectors' Series (UCS) Republic Gunship was leaked and many YouTubers, who already had this set in their private collections for about 3 weeks, jumped on the train and reviewed it.

So it's not a movie year, but LEGO fans can be happy about a long awaited ultimate LAAT. And I wonder how this looks next to Hasbro's Gunship, which has been using the same tooling since its genesis back in 2002. It appears to be about the same size as Hasbro's. At $350 MRSP it's an easy skip for me. If Hasbro did an all-new (and BIGGER) one (which I do hope), it's probably cost the same fortune.

The HasLab Razor Crest should be on its way overseas and with this project Hasbro showed us, that they still have big vehicles on their radar. And I wonder if we will ever get an update of this iconic transport ship. It's the 20th Anniversary of Attack of the Clones next year. Many LEGO fans hope to see some dedicated sets then and it appears that LEGO can make sets of any episode and entertainment whenever they want. And this makes me wonder why Hasbro couldn't give us a Count Dooku in The Vintage Collection since 2010...

What do you think? Is the Bad Batch enough to finally get some vehicles of The Clone Wars era back into The Vintage Collection? It's about time to continue the vehicle/creature assortment of The Vintage Collection with the second run of the Slave Irepaint being the latest one.

LEGO Star Wars UCS Republic Gunship (75309) Early Review by  PotterMinifigPals:

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2021, 10:35:15 AM »
I'd like to see a LAAT/c that can carry my Republic vehicles into battle or a Republic mobile command post.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2021, 06:31:12 AM »
If you watch the video on the front pages now (time is 2:07) you will see the next HasLab Project confirmed and then later on they did confirm an X-Wing was on the horizon too. I am not sure if that will be a HasLab Project, but they are agreeing we need more vehicles.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2021, 06:44:13 AM »
I'd like to see a LAAT/c that can carry my Republic vehicles into battle or a Republic mobile command post.

I would love to see both of these! Great suggestions, especially that LAAT/c.

I know I would love a Walker in the 6" Scale, but could only see them doing that via a HasLab Project. I think if it were 6" in scale maybe it would get close to the right scale for 3.75" figures.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2022, 05:18:05 AM »
So now that the next HasLab project is revealed to be one of those Black Series Force FX rotor lightsabers for $499.99 without further tier goals to unlock, my hobes are there that the following one will be for The Vintage Collection again.

Just watched this interview here from 4-LOM to Zuckuss on Celebration Anaheim and I'm especially happy about the last question that was asked: Patrick from the brand team confirmed that there will be more vehicles.
So the wait will be over eventually so will see more vehicles independetly of HasLab.

Hasbro Star Wars Brand Team Interview from Celebration Anaheim

That makes up for my disappointment of not having any new vehicles or ships announced on Celebration Anaheim 2022.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2022, 03:30:37 AM »
I would have thought after the last HasLab they would have perhaps picked a stronger offering this time.

I don't see this saber even getting close.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2022, 07:54:58 AM »
I don't know about that Saber, normal retail is what $200-250? So a double saber would be double the cost i guess. I just don't know enough about it, i haven't seen much. It's like most of this stuff you'd had to been at the convention to know what's going on. Checked this morning and it's just over 700 backers which seems low.  It's not for me anyway.

It's funny, the tvc Boba palace is basically a haslab but it's not. It's a pulse exclusive, but you don't pay until shipment, and there are no minimum backers.  But the limit is 5, like a haslab, but you can only buy 2 army builders, go figure.
I heard a rumor of the Mandalorian N1 modified starfighter coming to tvc. I assume it's mainline release. If its a target exclusive forget about it. Never even got a glimpse of the blue leader x-wing.