Author Topic: Doc Outland's Custom Figures (updated 3/26/14)  (Read 46078 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Doc Outland's Custom Figures (updated 3/26/14)
« on: May 07, 2009, 09:00:26 PM »
Here's what Brendan whipped up today.  

Base fig: Imperial Engineer (BFII card)
armor: Apartment Jango
helmet: Galactic Marine

He's looking at backpack options.  He also glued up those blaster pieces *after* the pic was taken.  Sheesh, timing.  He's considering trimming off the holster and shaving away the buckle to make a smooth surface to hang a de-codpieced Apartment Jango gunbelt from.  There's the matter of improving the helmet right off the bat - either a rangefinder or a Baccara-style helmet comm-link antenna.  He's liking the guy a lot right now, but is looking forward to having him actually painted up right so as to present a blended whole, rather than an amalgamation of parts.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 09:46:50 PM by DocOutlands »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Doc Outland's Custom Figures
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 02:22:14 AM »
That's a good starting point from my perspective. Either helmet mod will do but the antenna might be the easier mod. It always is for me. "I told you that my ability to post here, at the lake, would be limited."

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 04:51:25 AM »
Good start to this figure. I wonder what a kama would look on this? All painted the same color or in the same scheme?

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 06:53:15 AM »
You *knew* I'd have to post something to see if I could get a response from the lake...  >:D

GO FISHING!!

I'm going to try and get some pics of my own customs taken over the weekend and posted.  All my stuff is scrambled, tho, from a couple of moves and is awaiting me getting my shop put in order.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 07:40:55 AM »
Well in between bites, I'm going to need something to look at so, let's see em, Doc.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 09:16:15 AM »
I'll be out most of the afternoon - son has state wrestling tournament and I have to get him to his coach.  On the PLUS side!!  That puts me in a *real* city, wherein I can loot a TRU and a Hobby Lobby!  I did locate my very first POTF2 customs in the shop yesterday, tho, so maybe I can get a pic or two posted before we pull out.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 09:40:32 AM »
Got 'em.  Up first is a pitiful excuse of a general!  It is SUPER BEN!!  What was up with the "superhero" exaggerated bodies back then?  Wow...  Anyway, what if Ben had run with the Rebellion and been a General (again) in ROTJ?  Maybe he'd look like this headswap onto a General Lando body.  (but we hope not...)

Next up is a straigh headswap duo.  Another what-if in the other direction.  What if Han had squashed his conscience and stayed in the Navy?  Here is Admiral Solo.  Next up is a generic ex-Navy tramp-freighter captain, still wearing his officer's cap.  Donors were POTF2 Admiral Piett and Bespin Han.  I actually like these two and expect I'll use the genero-tramper in my Fixer stages/dios as a background fig.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 12:08:17 PM »
I really like the Admiral Solo. The Potf2 figures were sweet in thier day. Those pumped up bodies and superwide leg stances sure do date them today. Nice customs Doc.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 01:03:49 PM »
Nice update, Doc!
Yep, admiral Solo has got my vote, as well.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 07:46:26 PM »
Here's Brendan's "dirty pair" (which means something totally different to you old anime fans!), so named for being primarily a quick-n-dirty pair of parts swaps.  He's pretty stoked with how they are looking and is eager to get them painted so the parts all blend together into a couple of unified wholes.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 07:53:28 PM »
They look pretty cool! What kind of paint apps to these two are considered?

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 08:10:15 PM »
Basically, he's put them on his shelf to look at until his Muse kicks him up'side the head and yells, "HOLY CRAP, I'VE GOT IT!!"  :o

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 08:27:14 PM »
Basically, he's put them on his shelf to look at until his Muse kicks him up'side the head and yells, "HOLY CRAP, I'VE GOT IT!!"  :o
Sometimes a little experimentation is required for deciding on paint apps. I still am pretty good with colors and shades from my graphic art school days. I could have been an interior decorator. "Where would you like this hyperdrive computer, Miss?" Some variety is nice to keep things looking more detailed but an app of the same color in two or three places on the figure in different places gives the eye something to help it travel up and down the figure.  If you were to paint a figure's bootstraps, belt, and scarf with a matching color. It would be a good eye catcher

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 08:40:40 AM »
Well, I screwed up and had a hysterically brilliant idea today.  So Brendan is working on a pair of bounty hunters.  I figure he really should have more than just two figs.  Then it hit me - they were missing a Slicer!  (SW equiv of a computer hacker)  Then the hysterical part hit...  For the base body, use a Dug!!  Yes, Sebulba as slicer!  Now I gotta start modding up gear to fit, assuming I *have* a Sebulba.  But yeah...  This should be good.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 08:43:33 AM »
Sounds interesting, Doc. I may have a sebulba fig you could use if you don't have one.