Imperial Creative Engineering > Custom Figures

NFC's Star Wars customs (4/4 - random WTH)

(1/70) > >>

night force cynic:
okay, I'll start my thread off with my newest custom, an animated style clone officer.

------------------------

phase 1 Nestene, The Clone Wars style

At the point, late in the first year of the War, when Commander Gree and Master Luminara Unduli are after Gunray, Nestene is just a lieutenant in the 41st Elite though he still was a pain in Gree's ass with an attitude.  Before he'd earned a name, CT 2642 had seen action with the scuba clone unit on Mon Calamari alongside Kit Fisto three months after Geonosis.  The wicked scarring under his eye and through his eyebrow was the result of his first mission with the 41st to the battle of Tibrin and a fight with a Ishi Tibrin military private that got too big for his britches.

if I ever find the CW Luminara figure in a store, this picture will truly be complete

spudafett:
hey that guy looks familiar.... ;)

I like this one, although the legacy scuba clone backpack is just huge on the animated figure!  I wonder if you could chop shop it and make it look a little smaller...

hey bud, the local wal-mart has the luminara figures, several of them.  You want me to grab one for ya and then send it to ya with all your cast resin parts and masters you sent me to do?

night force cynic:
I did this clone 3 years ago, cuz I loved the design of the unnamed Hasbro-created 41st commander BUT it was made from the worst trooper mold since 1997, which was the 2005 Bacara figure.  And then Hasbro poured salt in the wound by repainting it. 

I wanted to see the figure with super articulation and decided I had to do it myself.  So I took the head, shoulder gear, and color scheme off the commander in the Clone Attack on Coruscant battle pack, a kama off a clone I can't remember, a body of a #41 clone and bashed it all together the match the blue paint color.  And then I couldn't JUST make a figure, I had to write a character for him. 

Commander Nestene (specimen 2642)

Nestene was created in the fourth batch of successful clone troopers on Kamino and trained by Dred Priest for most of his life, his dedication to the Mando'a legacy was questionable and his outlook on life is mostly grim.  He never necessarily followed his orders to the letter as his superiors would have preferred but he always unfailingly got the job done and his "unique approach" was often admirable and ballsy, there was never any doubts he'd have a command of his own someday.  2642 was deployed to Geonosis as part of the second wave of reinforcements and within a year was a back-up commander of 41st Elite, under the supreme leadership of Gree (CC 1004) the Grand Marshall of the "green" unit.   When half of the 41st was assigned to combat the droid attack on the Wookies at the end of the Clone War, Nestene  was given a stand-in command of the 41st until Gree returned from Kashyyyk.   When Order 66 was handed down by the Chancellor himself, Nestene's unit charged headlong down into the midlevels of the city-planet searching for stray Jedi.  Nobody heard from the unit again.

on duty at 500 Republica:

spudafett:
nfc I realy like this one.  Although in the reference image his kama is ruddy brown... that's the only thing I see different.  You nailed the look flawlessley and the weathering is amazing! definately looks 100 times better with the weathering on there.

great job!

night force cynic:

--- Quote from: spudafett on October 17, 2009, 02:07:16 PM ---hey that guy looks familiar.... ;)

I like this one, although the legacy scuba clone backpack is just huge on the animated figure!  I wonder if you could chop shop it and make it look a little smaller...
--- End quote ---
that's actually the backpack from the Clone Wars version of Kit Fisto.   The Legacy version is more compact and in scale with the animated troopers BUT this one has a round peg on it to fit the round hole I drilled into the Clone's back.  Whereas the Legacy scuba clone has this huge wonky notch in his back to fit this massive rectagular peg on the scuba pack.

this may not look better but it was a lot less of a headache.

--- Quote ---hey bud, the local wal-mart has the luminara figures, several of them.  You want me to grab one for ya and then send it to ya with all your cast resin parts and masters you sent me to do?

--- End quote ---
hell yes, please do pick one up for me!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version