Author Topic: JDeck's dioramas and displays.  (Read 137325 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: JDeck's dioramas and displays.
« Reply #825 on: May 09, 2023, 02:53:22 AM »
I like that. Where are the vines from? They look great!
Thanks! I used pieces of natural miniature shrubs for dioramas. Cayway Miniature Shrubs Model Bushes Long Shrub Vegetation Groups Static Grass Tuft for DIY Model Train Landscape Railroad Scenery, Green https://a.co/d/dtjYuzE
I just pulled the individual branches and glued them using fabric glue.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #826 on: May 09, 2023, 03:12:03 AM »
Not too much at all. I like it better! Yeah, gonna have to get a better AT-ST. I might know someone who has a few. ::)

Off to share the update.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #827 on: May 09, 2023, 11:09:18 AM »
Not too much at all. I like it better! Yeah, gonna have to get a better AT-ST. I might know someone who has a few. ::)

Off to share the update.

Thank you! I didn't want to cover up my concrete weathering lol. It does look better, no going back now.
I have an AT-ST that stands a little better. I just can't bring myself to buy the new TVC one.  I can repaint the ones I have. I've been spending too much lately. I was drinking tequila last week and bought all the death star droid variants I was missing from potf2 to droid depot color changing one. No mas tequila.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #828 on: May 09, 2023, 01:51:37 PM »
Thanks! I used pieces of natural miniature shrubs for dioramas. Cayway Miniature Shrubs Model Bushes Long Shrub Vegetation Groups Static Grass Tuft for DIY Model Train Landscape Railroad Scenery, Green https://a.co/d/dtjYuzE
I just pulled the individual branches and glued them using fabric glue.

Thanks! They look great - I might have to pick some up.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 04:19:26 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #829 on: May 10, 2023, 02:57:41 AM »
LOL. No more Star Wars tequila orders!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #830 on: May 10, 2023, 01:11:46 PM »
I got my Mapuzo Checkpoint from HITGP it's great! It's well engineered how the walls fit into the columns. I need to sand, fill and paint still.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 06:15:45 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #831 on: May 11, 2023, 12:13:58 AM »
Looks fantastic. Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #832 on: May 11, 2023, 09:45:33 AM »
Looks fantastic. Off to share.

Thanks! I think imma wait till... i got these items coming from a seller in Sri lanka, who knows how long that could take. He makes cool stuff but I wanted to do a test run, to see if I actually get the stuff and how long it takes. If it gets here sooner than expected and it's good quality I'll order more. But I'm going to paint everything at once to try and achieve a consistent color and weathering pattern for all the items.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #833 on: May 11, 2023, 10:32:33 AM »
Looks great! Curious about what you ordered from Sri Lanka? Hope that works out for you. International shipping is weird, sometimes really quick, sometimes forever slow. Keep us posted. ;D

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #834 on: May 11, 2023, 11:15:06 AM »
That's awesome work.  ()rr Feels like something straight out of Endor or Yavin.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #835 on: May 11, 2023, 11:24:23 AM »
No surprise this topic is on fire. What a cool project this is! Nice to see all the different greebles come together nicely after so many years of collecting 'em. I'm curious as well. Sri Lanka might have some nice sculptures to offer. Special wood would be too nice to paint.
Your setup makes me curious what's inside this massive bunker. Is it Palpy's vault? Or a tequila factory?
So many questions about Area cincuenta y uno!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #836 on: May 11, 2023, 02:50:21 PM »
Looks great! Curious about what you ordered from Sri Lanka? Hope that works out for you. International shipping is weird, sometimes really quick, sometimes forever slow. Keep us posted. ;D
Thanks! The guy in Sri Lanka is a 3d printer, who has some interesting files that I don't see from anyone else. I did order a cannon turret, you know the rectangular ones on the trench run. I could have gotten that more locally, but his looked better and I wanted to add it to make the order worth it. I really wanted this barrier that has a similar design to the bunker that I can put an eweb or troops behind.  If all goes well I hope to order some more stuff.  Of course there's more hole in the ground items I want too.

That's awesome work.  ()rr Feels like something straight out of Endor or Yavin.

Thank you!  I thought what if the empire took over an old castle or something and retrofitted their modular equipment and structures to it.

No surprise this topic is on fire. What a cool project this is! Nice to see all the different greebles come together nicely after so many years of collecting 'em. I'm curious as well. Sri Lanka might have some nice sculptures to offer. Special wood would be too nice to paint.
Your setup makes me curious what's inside this massive bunker. Is it Palpy's vault? Or a tequila factory?
So many questions about Area cincuenta y uno!

Lol hell yeah an Imperial Tequila distillery. El Palpatino Imperiale Est.19BBY.
I'm doing my fan fiction world of Galgrebaa, which is a logistical hub for various military campaigns in the region like nearby Kashyyyk, Mimban, Kijimi and Mandalore. They take all kinds of materials and redistribute them where they need to go. Logistics is the backbone of any military.  And of course Galgrebaa is also a hive of pirates looking to raid imperial supply lines.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 02:57:20 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #837 on: May 11, 2023, 03:56:21 PM »
That looks really good. Hope it works out - it would go brilliantly with your Imperial installation.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #838 on: May 15, 2023, 11:40:47 PM »
Absolutely love the bunker dio JD, everything about is awesome.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #839 on: May 16, 2023, 07:56:03 PM »
Absolutely love the bunker dio JD, everything about is awesome.

Ron
Thanks bud! I'm surprised how well the trash styrofoam building came out. Just needed a coat to eliminate the styro ball texture.
I ordered some 2" xps foam for outer walls.  That would be the equivalent of a 3 foot thick wall. I can connect them to the checkpoint.