Author Topic: JDeck's dioramas and displays.  (Read 137318 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: JDeck's dioramas and displays.
« Reply #750 on: April 10, 2022, 07:45:35 PM »
Man that water looks real! I wonder if you could cover it with a clear varnish or something to get it to stay set? Man, hate to think of you having to remove that as it looks so realistic. Bet is smells awesome too.

Off to share on the front page. I would definitely call that dio a success!

Thank you! Somebody makes a clear gel that hardens, for something permanent, but I know what you mean. I started breaking it down and it's bittersweet but on to the next scene. I might go back to my night setup and add in the Kessler wolf I got the other day. Or I might do an outdoor AT-ST scene with the fireworks. Not sure. But I have a lot of cleaning up to do.

I'll bet its bittersweet. It looked really good, but I'm curious to see what comes next. BTW - I hope to have some redwood detritus in the mail this week:)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #751 on: April 11, 2022, 05:06:03 AM »
Man that water looks real! I wonder if you could cover it with a clear varnish or something to get it to stay set? Man, hate to think of you having to remove that as it looks so realistic. Bet is smells awesome too.

Off to share on the front page. I would definitely call that dio a success!

Thank you! Somebody makes a clear gel that hardens, for something permanent, but I know what you mean. I started breaking it down and it's bittersweet but on to the next scene. I might go back to my night setup and add in the Kessler wolf I got the other day. Or I might do an outdoor AT-ST scene with the fireworks. Not sure. But I have a lot of cleaning up to do.

I'll bet its bittersweet. It looked really good, but I'm curious to see what comes next. BTW - I hope to have some redwood detritus in the mail this week:)

Awesome thank you! I'll put together some fodder figures for you. I don't have a lot, but at least some aliens or something, I promise no clones lol. Actually I have a few sought after clones that I would trade for ewoks or imperials.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #752 on: April 17, 2022, 02:45:04 PM »
This is flawless! I love it!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #753 on: April 17, 2022, 06:01:14 PM »
This is flawless! I love it!

Thank you! I'm putting together some junk to make into a modular Imperial base, to go with my modular Endor forest and/or any other environment I choose to make in the future, like Scarif Mimban or Sullust.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #754 on: April 17, 2022, 07:42:21 PM »
That's a great idea. Look forward to seeing how that develops.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #755 on: April 18, 2022, 05:11:33 AM »
Well now this looks fun.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #756 on: April 18, 2022, 12:41:42 PM »
That's a great idea. Look forward to seeing how that develops.

I may or may not use all of this stuff, but definitely a lot of it. I have some other stuff coming. I need to get another POTF2 Endor bunker, I have one but it's all janky and fell apart and I lost a panel, besides that I super glued the doors shut, because again it was falling apart. I'd like Hasbro to remake the bunker, I little bigger and better quality.

Well now this looks fun.
Yeah junk building is one of my favorite things.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #757 on: April 20, 2022, 08:23:27 AM »
We've lost a command post! I lost the command post I made several years ago, can't for the life of me find it, so I made another one. Inspired by Battlefront, which is canon now, but I just wanted to give it a practical utilitarian look. In my head canon, it's a communication device set up at strategic defensive positions, like Fuel/supply depots and airfields. It's used so the various platoon leaders can communicate with each other, and with Battalion command. They're loaded with real time battlefield maps and troop movements. This makes the position even more important to defend, as you don't want your enemy to gain important information.

I made it using a part from a rocket ship model kit, ILM used the same kit for some of the original ships, so it has this retroactive star wars look. I just added some greebles and an antenna made from a spray bottle part, a 1/12 gun part and a bandai R2 sensor scope.   I wired up some blue and white LEDs, and used corrugated plastic for the hologram figure base and diffuser. The hologram figure is the old FFG hologram Veers.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 08:26:45 AM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #758 on: April 20, 2022, 10:25:44 AM »
Lost a command post! Count that a Rebel victory:( No really, I think that mobile hologram projector/communication center looks great. The LED's are a nice touch as well.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #759 on: April 20, 2022, 03:39:51 PM »
Lost a command post! Count that a Rebel victory:( No really, I think that mobile hologram projector/communication center looks great. The LED's are a nice touch as well.

Thank you! Yeah those damn rebels must have captured my command post. I like this one better anyway. I figured I'd start knocking out some of my Imperial base props. I'm stranded at the house because I dropped my car off at the dealership, and the person who scheduled my appointment scheduled for a drop off, so I have to leave it overnight because they found a few small issues including the stuff the three stooges broke. They even overfilled the oil, so that has to be drained. Idiots. I did start on my fuel tank, but I was hoping to pick up some plastic sheets at the hobby shop. Nope, not today.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #760 on: April 20, 2022, 04:29:43 PM »
So sorry to hear about the ongoing car saga. Hopefully all will be put to right by tomorrow! Its a bummer when our plans get derailed. But maybe a day at home isn't all bad? I have to fight for a day at home (that's not still full of work).

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #761 on: April 20, 2022, 04:39:19 PM »
So sorry to hear about the ongoing car saga. Hopefully all will be put to right by tomorrow! Its a bummer when our plans get derailed. But maybe a day at home isn't all bad? I have to fight for a day at home (that's not still full of work).

Yeah it'll all be at factory specs tomorrow $1400 later. Oh well I wanted to get it all done right and that's what I'm getting.

I didn't need plastic card anyway. I worked a little more on my tank. Based on the ones from the new battlefront games. The tank is made from an Armorall wipes can, some Y-wing parts, DIY straws, and plastic card.  I do need to get some either german grey or Japanese navy grey spray paint. The German grey might be too dark. I used Japanese grey on the command post and it's dark but not too dark.   I hope to have a lot of props done within about a month, when my Stormtrooper/E-WEBs and possibly my scarif troopers come in.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 06:41:22 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #762 on: April 21, 2022, 06:58:41 AM »
Wow two great updates.

I like the tank and the command holo.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #763 on: April 21, 2022, 11:34:11 AM »
The fuel tank (or whatever is stored in it) is looking good. I think a medium gray makes the most sense. Hope your car is back and functioning today.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #764 on: April 21, 2022, 02:32:10 PM »
Wow two great updates.

I like the tank and the command holo.

Off to share on the front pages.

Thank you! I had some time on my hands yesterday, and it helps to dry fit everything ahead of time. Something about building that's therapeutic, makes stress go away.

The fuel tank (or whatever is stored in it) is looking good. I think a medium gray makes the most sense. Hope your car is back and functioning today.

Thank you! I reckon it's fuel unless it's Mountain Dew, I like to think it's Mountain Dew.   I'll pick up some Japanese grey tomorrow. I had to get a loaner car. I asked for a MX-5 (Miata) half jokingly, but they gave me a CX-5 (SUV), i was like, come on man you're only one letter off.