Author Topic: JDeck's dioramas and displays.  (Read 137367 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: JDeck's dioramas and displays.
« Reply #645 on: December 10, 2019, 02:07:29 AM »
Your R2 does look really incredible! The weathering knocks him off the park! Truly amazing, JD! Didn't expect you to accelerate on this project that soon, already!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #646 on: December 10, 2019, 04:12:21 AM »
That is nice. You are really getting into great detail here. Off to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #647 on: December 10, 2019, 02:33:05 PM »
Your R2 does look really incredible! The weathering knocks him off the park! Truly amazing, JD! Didn't expect you to accelerate on this project that soon, already!
Thank you DM! Kind of a rush job, it was just a matter of getting all the parts. I think I'll work on the Hut next. I'm just going to do a little work here and there, because I have a lot of stuff to do this month. I might go out tonight, but tomorrow I have to fill out all of these business loan applications and various forms. Like a phone book. Once that gets approved, then I'm moving.
That is nice. You are really getting into great detail here. Off to the front pages.
Thank you Tamer. One a deeza days I'd like to make an ultimate R2-D2 in 1/18 scale. With opening compartments and LEDs. I got lazy here, it's basically a prop. The Forcelink R2 is a good base figure. Same as build a Droid and the paint apps are good. Best basic R2-D2 I've seen.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #648 on: December 11, 2019, 12:19:32 AM »
The weathering on R2 looks amazing JDeck. It's a great combination of parts. I look forward to seeing the progress on the hut. I think the diorama will be awesome when it's done. As to busy - my six word life description "Too many pots, not enough fingers" - yeah I've got more commitments than I should have. Hopefully, I'll get some of that under control with some time off this winter.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #649 on: December 11, 2019, 03:54:21 AM »
I would love to do a video round up with a few Yarders like you sometime on the best figures of all time. Maybe that would be a good new years resolution for next year?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #650 on: December 11, 2019, 04:14:32 PM »
The weathering on R2 looks amazing JDeck. It's a great combination of parts. I look forward to seeing the progress on the hut. I think the diorama will be awesome when it's done. As to busy - my six word life description "Too many pots, not enough fingers" - yeah I've got more commitments than I should have. Hopefully, I'll get some of that under control with some time off this winter.
Thank you Starchaser!  Outside of this business I don't make many commitments, this job is pretty demanding. I had to get my truck fixed today, to have it working by Tomorrow, on top of mechandising, some day off.

I would love to do a video round up with a few Yarders like you sometime on the best figures of all time. Maybe that would be a good new years resolution for next year?
Yeah I'd be down for that! After I move, hopefully January 19. I wouldn't know where to begin. I do like that Rogue one Stormtrooper. That figure would be great if it has accessories. I don't want to get into another rant about accessories. But I never did a video before.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #651 on: December 12, 2019, 04:10:44 AM »
You know I still haven't been able to find the Vintage RO Stormy. So sad. My collecting has been all over the place lately. THIS IS THE WAY!

Yeah, the live video thing through YT wasn't too bad, need a webcam and a mic that doesn't get feedback. If I could figure it out I figure everyone else would be golden.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #652 on: December 12, 2019, 07:33:47 AM »
You know I still haven't been able to find the Vintage RO Stormy. So sad. My collecting has been all over the place lately. THIS IS THE WAY!

Yeah, the live video thing through YT wasn't too bad, need a webcam and a mic that doesn't get feedback. If I could figure it out I figure everyone else would be golden.
I still haven't gotten my Stormtroopers from Dorkside. I want to see how long it's going to be until they say hey we screwed up, we oversold our product, my bad. TVC distribution has been terrible, pretty much it's been wave one and TFF figures and that's it.
I'd probably have to do it on my phone, with earplugs so there's no echo.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #653 on: December 13, 2019, 07:28:34 AM »
Yeah, phones work pretty good too.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #654 on: December 26, 2019, 06:34:39 PM »
I'm putting Dagobah on hold for a bit. But I wanted to get started on Babu Frik's workbench. It's 6" scale so of course I'm not doing the whole shop, just the chair/workbench. I just used styrene sheets, rods and trusses. My reference pictures are blurry and grainy, so I'm not sure what exactly the design is. What I thought was part of the chair is actually part of the wall behind. So I kept it simple.

I'm not sure what I want to do with 3PO I might light his eyes, but I'm not sure how I'll diffuse the light. The eyes to turn slightly red with cold water, but not for long. I'd also like to make Sparks using LED and fiber optics. The perfect thing is I wouldn't have to hide the wires! I dunno I'll figure something out.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 07:35:21 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #655 on: December 27, 2019, 12:35:36 PM »
Looks like what I can remember. I like 3PO with those Sith Eyes. Creepy.

Off to the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Babu Frik and Sith-3PO mockup.
« Reply #656 on: December 27, 2019, 02:11:31 PM »
Looks like what I can remember. I like 3PO with those Sith Eyes. Creepy.

Off to the front pages.
Thank you! that scene was cool, he sounded like a Cylon 

Through some trial and error I'm working on the eye lights. For the eyes themselves I'm using acrylic rod pieces. Then I put a red light through the back of the head.
   I sliced open the back side of the head in order to position everything easier. I don't know how I'll do the Sparks.  I ordered a flashing warm light and .03" fiber optic cable.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 09:16:25 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #657 on: December 27, 2019, 10:31:22 PM »
It's looking great mate and love the eye's.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #658 on: December 28, 2019, 12:48:02 AM »
JDeck, the eyes are looking really good. I like the idea of a "small" part of the scene, this is going to be cool!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #659 on: December 28, 2019, 08:44:35 AM »
Now those are some cool eyes. Back to the front pages.