Author Topic: JDeck's dioramas and displays.  (Read 137347 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: JDeck's dioramas and displays.
« Reply #630 on: November 29, 2019, 07:45:54 PM »
I saw your Degobah score. that is gonna be great too.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #631 on: December 01, 2019, 12:41:16 AM »
That’s amazing.  I’m speechless 😶
Thank you Customjedi. Well what can I say?
I saw your Degobah score. that is gonna be great too.
Indeed. I think I'll do the shelf thing, with the hut as part of the scenery. I want to do Luke meets Yoda scene (my favorite), Luke swinging on yodas hairy vine, and cave of evil in one dio. The hut is actually pretty big, so I'm going to cut a 1/3 off the back and place it in the corner.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #632 on: December 01, 2019, 07:13:16 AM »
Sounds like a great plan to me.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #633 on: December 03, 2019, 05:05:26 AM »
Thank you DM! I actually have two days off in a row, that never happens. In fact I'm taking the entire day off, no business related work today. (...)
I can't wait to see your Ewok lake house, I'm a big fan of McQuarrie concepts.
I hope your exam will go well, I'm certain it will. Happy belated Erntedankfest.

Thank you so much JD! Yeah, our Thanksgiving was back on October 6 this year. It's always the 40th Sunday of the year. Anyhew I'm looking forward to getting started on the lake, too! Didn't even know it was a concept of McQuarrie! So thanks for the insight. I already set the soreline and ordered another tree! It's gonna be treesome! Visitied a buddy last Sunday who also built an Ewok village. I can share pics of you want!
The exam was excellent! My brain was melting the days before though. Physics will never be my favorite science.
And I know holidays are crazy in the U.S. - everyone has at least 3 jobs working 90 hours a week and get no day off. Here in Germany 24 days (excluding weekends) are the minimum amount of days off. I still don't understand where parents can have their kids looked after when they have 3 MONTHS off in summer?!
And yes, I don't know anything about drinks so shame on me...still love that mug! Hope you have a great time and much fun with your new Dagobah project!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #634 on: December 03, 2019, 06:41:37 PM »
Well...that turned out magnificently! I really love the "final" product, JDeck. This is definitely a dio to be proud of (and I'm sure the Ewoks are happy to have huts for Thanksgiving. The lights are a cool addition and look really good. Make sure to show us pics when you get the backdrop done. But in the meantime, this is a great playset:) Happy (belated) Thanksgiving.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #635 on: December 03, 2019, 07:59:28 PM »
That village looks sick. Cannot wait to see Encounter with Yoda mod.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #636 on: December 04, 2019, 11:05:43 AM »
Thank you DM! I actually have two days off in a row, that never happens. In fact I'm taking the entire day off, no business related work today. (

Thank you so much JD! Yeah, our Thanksgiving was back on October 6 this year. It's always the 40th Sunday of the year. Anyhew I'm looking forward to getting started on the lake, too! Didn't even know it was a concept of McQuarrie! So thanks for the insight. I already set the soreline and ordered another tree! It's gonna be treesome! Visitied a buddy last Sunday who also built an Ewok village. I can share pics of you want!
The exam was excellent! My brain was melting the days before though. Physics will never be my favorite science.
And I know holidays are crazy in the U.S. - everyone has at least 3 jobs working 90 hours a week and get no day off. Here in Germany 24 days (excluding weekends) are the minimum amount of days off. I still don't understand where parents can have their kids looked after when they have 3 MONTHS off in summer?!
And yes, I don't know anything about drinks so shame on me...still love that mug! Hope you have a great time and much fun with your new Dagobah project!

Lol. I don't know anyone who has three jobs and works 90 hours. Two maybe, but they're usually bartenders or waitresses.
    I'm running a distribution franchise, that I'm supposed to have bought it by now.  Business owners/managers never get a day off in reality. There's always some crisis or something to do. Like today is my day Off but I spent an hour or two merchandising product. Of course, I could pay someone to take over for a week or whatever, but that costs money. I might take vacation next year. I'm single with no kids, no alimony, no child support, it's pretty great. I don't really need a week off every other month. Lol.
   I have no delivery Wednesday and Sunday, which is great, because I can run errands on Wednesday and recover on Sunday.  I usually work from 5am-2-5pm, so a lot of times I still have a good part of the day left.
So, let's say 10hrs/day 5days/week + 3hrs/week "homework", 53hrs/week.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 07:48:58 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #637 on: December 04, 2019, 11:49:29 AM »
Well...that turned out magnificently! I really love the "final" product, JDeck. This is definitely a dio to be proud of (and I'm sure the Ewoks are happy to have huts for Thanksgiving. The lights are a cool addition and look really good. Make sure to show us pics when you get the backdrop done. But in the meantime, this is a great playset:) Happy (belated) Thanksgiving.
Thank you Starchaser! I'm waiting for cardboard Galaxy to restock their Ewok village backdrop. I wanted them to make something custom, but they didn't really want to, so I just told them to give me a heads up when they restock.
That village looks sick. Cannot wait to see Encounter with Yoda mod.
Thank you Sid! I'll try to keep it simple. The windows need to be re placed higher and smaller, and the chimney added. Also the doorway needs extending.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #638 on: December 04, 2019, 04:21:15 PM »
So here is my basic layout for the Dagobah "My home this is" diorama. I ran out of foam board, however I do have small pieces. I might just use this extra shelf, that I use as a template, for the base.

The first scene I'm going to work on is when Yoda says "Mud hole? Slimy? My home this is." That part still makes me laugh. I am going to make a custom R2-D2, out of several different figures, unfortunately. I want to light up the lamp, and make a custom orange lantern power cell thing.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 08:35:50 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #639 on: December 05, 2019, 04:18:46 AM »
Now this is gonna be nice. Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #640 on: December 05, 2019, 06:23:34 PM »
Looks great! I'm excited to watch the build. I will refrain from comment on the work schedule front since I'm sure I'm an anomaly (but there is a reason I only build a few figures a quarter and no vehicles or dioramas).

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #641 on: December 05, 2019, 09:17:51 PM »
Don't know where ur location is but dollar tree has x-mas lights (battery powered) in very small size. Might be perfect to rig since the wires are tiny.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #642 on: December 06, 2019, 03:59:55 AM »
Lol. I don't know anyone who has three jobs and works 90 hours. Two maybe, but they're usually bartenders or waitresses. (...)

Yeah, I was exaggerating a bit, but I got the impression that people got way too few holidays throughout the year in the U.S.
I wish you all the best for your business plan and hope everything works as you wish.

That's a nice progress on Dagobah already! (SID)'s suggestion is excellent! The Christmas season is perfect to find some nice deco, lights and artificial snow. I'm also watching out for some suitable lights to light up my Cantina tables, landing platforms and hallways...
I'm glad you can rest your mind with the hobby a little and relax a bit.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #643 on: December 06, 2019, 05:50:44 AM »
Now this is gonna be nice. Off to share.
Thank you. I think I'll just build it one scene at a time, then blend them together on the same shelf. I don't have a timetable on it.
Don't know where ur location is but dollar tree has x-mas lights (battery powered) in very small size. Might be perfect to rig since the wires are tiny.
I usually get my lights from Evan's Design https://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/
For the lamp, I can either drill through it, and run a fiber optic through it, or use a "Pico" chip LED. As for the orange power thing, I'll have to fabricate it somehow.
Looks great! I'm excited to watch the build. I will refrain from comment on the work schedule front since I'm sure I'm an anomaly (but there is a reason I only build a few figures a quarter and no vehicles or dioramas).
Yeah you always seem real busy. It's going to be a slow process. I hope to get R2 finished soon.
Lol. I don't know anyone who has three jobs and works 90 hours. Two maybe, but they're usually bartenders or waitresses. (...)

Yeah, I was exaggerating a bit, but I got the impression that people got way too few holidays throughout the year in the U.S.
I wish you all the best for your business plan and hope everything works as you wish.

That's a nice progress on Dagobah already! (SID)'s suggestion is excellent! The Christmas season is perfect to find some nice deco, lights and artificial snow. I'm also watching out for some suitable lights to light up my Cantina tables, landing platforms and hallways...
I'm glad you can rest your mind with the hobby a little and relax a bit.

Thank you. I know how Europeans like to rag on Americans about how much they work. There's a company here in the States, Evan's Design, that I get all of my lighting from. There are a ton of options.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #644 on: December 09, 2019, 05:53:53 PM »
I made a custom Dagobah R2-D2, specific to the Yoda R2 fight scene. I used the TLJ Forcelink R2. I used the door from the mission r2 Yoda two pack, and the arm is from POTF2 R2, with pop-up scanner.  I like the Forcelink R2, the paint apps are really well done, it's the same thing as the TVC except no weathering. I just would rather add my own weathering, especially something specific like this. Now come to think of it, I need to make another door for his charger, once I build that power cell lantern thing.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 06:18:41 PM by JDeck »