Author Topic: JDeck's dioramas and displays.  (Read 137323 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: JDeck's dioramas and displays.
« Reply #525 on: September 12, 2019, 02:33:27 AM »
Wow, I don't think anything looks funky at all. It looks great, I mean wow! That plant work is amazing. Looks like the jungle to me. Off to share.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #526 on: September 12, 2019, 03:21:48 AM »
Excellent work, that dio looks fantastic!!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #527 on: September 12, 2019, 08:35:16 AM »
Well, did I miss anything? WOW JD! Both dioramas look superb! The imperial base brings some EA Battlefront vibes! The barrels and containers look awesome next to your garrison of ultimate Stormtroopers!
And I just love that concept art of Scarif! Those plants look amazing all together. 10/10 for both!

Add: You gotta have a patent on your ground mixtures. Looks like a perfect mix!
Thank you. Scarif Jungle in a bag. All I need is an industrial strength Coffee grinder, and I can go into full production. Endor, Scarif, Kashyyyk all kinds of terrain.
Wow, I don't think anything looks funky at all. It looks great, I mean wow! That plant work is amazing. Looks like the jungle to me. Off to share.
Thank you. I had some plants, but I ended up going to PetSmart, and got some plants, then Michael's was next door, so I found the grass mat there. Yeah the lighting in my hobby room is really funky, some kind of 70s light fixture, makes everything look pinkish orange. It gets decent natural light, during the day of course.
Excellent work, that dio looks fantastic!!
Thank you very much.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #528 on: September 12, 2019, 06:45:02 PM »
I ended making my Scarif Trooper Squad Leader today. I wasn't planning on working on it until tomorrow, but I got carried away. I made the belt/skirt out of a tank driver belt, and a modified Snowtrooper commander skirt. I swear if I don't slice my finger open at least once, the day is lost. Anyway, I painted him up in Squad leader fashion and gave him 5poa E-22 and helmet, which has a little more detail than TBS/TVC. I'm not going to make a Captain, they don't go on patrol, they stay behind and drink coffee.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:10:06 PM by JDeck »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #529 on: September 13, 2019, 02:41:35 AM »
Daggone he looks great. You are realling covering all parts of this one. Hope your cuts get better! Ouch!

Off to share.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #530 on: September 13, 2019, 03:48:05 AM »
I'm glad you got carried away with the Squad Leader! It looks fantastic! I hope you didn’t have to sacrifice a finger for it though! Those blades can be nasty - happens to me at work once in a while, too...
Take care JD! And thanks for the recipe & tell your knifes to be nice.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #531 on: September 13, 2019, 04:27:00 AM »
Daggone he looks great. You are realling covering all parts of this one. Hope your cuts get better! Ouch!

Off to share.
Thank you Tamer. I bought the 5poa squad leader, mostly for the rifle, and the head, but also as a paint and skirt reference. That way I get it mostly right.
I'm glad you got carried away with the Squad Leader! It looks fantastic! I hope you didn’t have to sacrifice a finger for it though! Those blades can be nasty - happens to me at work once in a while, too...
Take care JD! And thanks for the recipe & tell your knifes to be nice.

Thank you DM!  In order to get the belt off the tank driver, you have to get your blade under the belt, cut the glued in tab, without cutting the belt. Well, I didn't cut the belt. I even boiled the figure in order to loosen the belt to get the blade underneath. It's probably a sign I need new blades.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #532 on: September 13, 2019, 12:57:25 PM »
I would agree on that! If you have a new blade inserted it should go through the skirt like a knife through warm butter.
The cutting action on the two Airborne Troopers for the Purge Trooper was quite exciting, too. First time I cut something off my figures.
Hope everything goes well for you and your injury JD!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #533 on: September 13, 2019, 05:47:53 PM »
I would agree on that! If you have a new blade inserted it should go through the skirt like a knife through warm butter.
The cutting action on the two Airborne Troopers for the Purge Trooper was quite exciting, too. First time I cut something off my figures.
Hope everything goes well for you and your injury JD!
Yeah I just patch up my boo-boos with super glue, it's just irritating. Situation normal. I'm fine, we're all perfectly fine... Here.... Now. Thank you. How are you?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 06:09:08 PM by JDeck »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #534 on: September 13, 2019, 05:50:13 PM »
Absolutely love this one JD, everything is just perfect 10/10.

Ron

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #535 on: September 13, 2019, 05:51:30 PM »
Like I said this is a three day build, and even with a custom figure, I kept it under three days. Today, I just added another black wash to the base. I don't know, I wanted it to look like stone, instead of just black. Also I had another E-22 arrive in the mail. I bought the Scarif Trooper Captain/ Bistan two pack, it's a really cool set. I already have an idea for my next project, I'll be using unconventional materials, I've never seen used before, so it'll be interesting at least.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 05:56:10 PM by JDeck »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #536 on: September 13, 2019, 05:58:01 PM »
Absolutely love this one JD, everything is just perfect 10/10.

Ron
Thank you! It was fun, I like building natural landscapes, slightly better than architecture.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #537 on: September 13, 2019, 11:36:42 PM »
That is a brilliant little dio JD.
I love the realistic vegetation.
Excellent work.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #538 on: September 13, 2019, 11:40:03 PM »
JDeck, Scarif turned out really great! I thought the "log" the trooper was stepping on was a great touch. Your squad leader turned out really well, too. Sometimes getting the right part off another figure can be a real pain (literally). Sometimes I wrap a key finger ( often the left thumb) in duct tape to protect it when cutting - I've wondered about a thimble. :)

Really fabulous job putting the scene together.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #539 on: September 14, 2019, 09:06:26 AM »
I agree it turned out great. Off to share this.