Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > Vintage

10,000 plus Vintage Kenner Items on Ebay!

<< < (2/2)

Tamer:
I guess me reasoning is if we are reverting back why not revert back to the toys I loved as a kid.

Mr. Black:
Looking back, I've never been much of a modern era collector. I did try and complete the TAC, but gave up on that.

I've always been a vintage Kenner collector and from time to time I refocus on that and try to complete my C9 loose collection.

Since customizing has become such a big hobby of mine, I only look at the modern figures for customizing possibilities.

However, I did start a sub collection: obtaining the best modern counterpart for the vintage Kenner figures. It's great fun to do and over the years the 'best counterparts' for certain figures have changed quite a bit.

Hasbro's vintage collection and legacy collection are perhaps the best lines they've had, sculpt wise and articulation wise.

The Mission series is very disappointing imho. I don't know why they thought of that line. Well, they said why, but no one buys that, right? Is Hasbro thinking 5POA will warm the hearts of the SW fans that grew up with the Kenner figures? They'd better think again. Kenner is not about 5POA, it's about childhood memories. And the Mission series is anything but that.

So, I have been and still will be collecting the Kenner figures and look for the best modern versions.

Come to think of it, I need to track down some more Kenner Royal Guards and Snowtroopers and still need to find a VC21 Gamorrean Guard....

Tamer:
I hear you Remco. This new 5 POA junk is downright depressing. Its like de-evolution.

Reconsgt:
I don't even look at modern SW anylonger,  For me it's all vintage, all the time :)

Tamer:

--- Quote from: Reconsgt on November 28, 2013, 09:54:11 AM ---I don't even look at modern SW anylonger,  For me it's all vintage, all the time :)

--- End quote ---

I hear you. The Gentle Giant Jumbos would be something you would love Wayne.

They are really getting me back into my old childhood toys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version