Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 144472 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2009, 10:48:32 PM »
Trying to clean out my camera's memory card, I came across these older custom fig shots.
These first four are of the first snow camo scorch that I did.
 He got a large paper-mache cape, an elite forces pouch on a typing paper strap, a modified elite forces rifle, and an elite forces walkie talkie pegged to fit into his leg peg-hole.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 10:51:23 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #91 on: February 04, 2009, 10:53:21 PM »
This first pic is another Scorch shot where you can see the strap on that elite forces rifle and the next three are of an ROTS AT-TE gunner fig with a removable AOTC helmet,paper mache waistcape and full cape, a fabbed pistol holster and a long rifle with a strap. These clones were done probably 3 years ago.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 10:56:41 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2009, 11:22:54 AM »
I found a few shots of an utapu Commander Bacura that I did with a custom card. I painted the orange parts of the card image with acrylic paint and then touched it up with a fine tip black marker.

The last shot shows a color sketch that I made when I was deciding on this guy's paintjob.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 11:29:48 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2009, 09:29:42 PM »
I have been working on painting this atrt driver's accessories a bit and trouble-shooting a camo scheme for him, today. The color pattern on his pauldron seems too dark and I may repaint it yellow and go with a lighter brown for the camo. On the opposite shoulder, I tried a 2 color pattern with light grey outlined with the medium brown and didn't like it either.
  I also took a last shot of Tamer's AOTC ATAT driver as I shipped him out, today. "sniff" :'(
I'm going to miss that one.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2009, 04:03:38 PM »
I didn't get too much time to work on this project today. I repainted the pauldron and one shoulder on the fig and mixed some lighter camo and applied it to the pauldron. I'm not sure if I should camo the rest of the fig or not. What do you guys think? I added a painted ammo pouch to the strap going down his chest. I also got a bit more detail painting done on the ATRT.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2009, 07:00:22 PM »
I didn't get any custom work done, today as I was getting things ready for my upcoming Florida trip.
  Searching in the archives today, I came across these two close-up shots of the desert trooper that I did for Customcloner. The bronze color on the airborne helmet visor and on the Veers helmet goggles is actually from the wifey's nail polish collection. I really like how the hand-painted reflection on those Veers goggles turned out.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2009, 07:14:32 PM »
Here are a few shots of another older one. This jet pack trooper got the utapu orange paintjob as well.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2009, 12:19:16 AM »
Here's a sneak peek at that camo jet pack clone.
  I made this drawing when I was troubleshooting the color schemes that I wanted to go with for that figure. You can see that the orange one is in there.  I started this with a mechanical pencil, then used colored pencils, then touched it up with fine tip ink pens. You can see next to the signature that this was done in 2006.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 12:21:36 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2009, 12:14:07 PM »
Alright, you don't have to twist my arm. Here are some pics of the camo version of the Jet-pack clone.

Here is an image of the doctored card insert with the clone. Once again, I used the same color acrylic paints that are on the fig and then, touched it up with a fine tip ink pen.

Here is a shot of the doctored up card back.

Here is a comparison shot with the painted clone next to the factory stock one.

Here is a shot of the card's front with the figure re-packed inside.

And, finally, here is a shot of that custom carded clone with two others that I did around the same time. It was Christmas time at the Clonehead house.

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2009, 02:28:29 PM »
Hey Clint I don't mean to take anything off track here but I heard that you sometimes do commission work? If so I was wondering if you think you could tackle Commander Fox using a realistic styled Clone from EP2 as I don't like the animated Clone look?
Thanks!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2009, 04:39:06 PM »
Masterfett, I found a shot of his belt on wikia that shows the ammo boxes more to the side which is what I was afraid of. Oh well, it's still possible to butcher the belt/kama combo of a clone commander to make it look close. I might have to scratchbuilt the front of it but it shouldn't be too hard.  This project is becomming more of a challenge all the time. That's ok, I like  a challenge plus, it will give me a break from the camo clones that I always seem to do.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2009, 08:33:28 PM »
A few quick pics while the glue dries. I've thought of a way to reinforce the bond of these visor pieces. I can bend a thin piece of wire to serve as a reinforcing member to the top and side pieces to be drilled into the helmet just under where these pieces meet the helmet. Where the wire is drilled into the helmet, it will be glued and the rest of the wire, in turn will be glued to the inside of the visor. When I paint it, it wont be seen and might make the outer edge look a little thicker which is what I think that it needs.
  Hey, if it doesnt work, we can always go the resin route.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 08:37:48 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2009, 10:05:34 PM »
u  guys just spoke some alien language?  fett    ddiint get nothing ill jsut wait for pics

molding and customizing the mold sound so complicted im gunna master first cloning my fig then ill try customizing them  :P

Alex, I am going to convert a regular legacy fig to make him look like commander Fox from the Clone Wars.
       My man, you should  just start with something simple for your first custom fig. Try painting over the graphics on an existing clone's paintjob. Like,for instance, paint over a clone commander's graphics to make them a different color. If the clone commander had green markings, try to paint over them exactily to make them blue.
Ive got some pics of my first clones that I will show you, tomorrow to explain what I'm talking about.

Masterfett, believe it or not, I'm going to be able to pull this visor off after all. After trimming the glued top piece closer to the helmet to get the correct shape, I then cut pieces for the sides and glued them on. First I cut the piece the right width and angle to be a correct distance and angle from the clone's earpiece while leaving the rest long and glued it into place. After the glue dried, I cut the front angle and the bottom angle from the side piece while it was mounted. It's easier to make the cuts that way as your holding the whole figure with one hand while making the last two cuts with the other rather than trying to hold that little piece and cut it at the same time. Then I just repeated with the other side piece. I have reinforced where the pieces meet each other and the helmet 2-3 times with super glue and it is pretty strong. I still might reinforce with wire, I don't know at this point. I've also got the clone's kama cut off and have painted the primary layer of white over his old yellow graphics.
  How are we looking so far?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 07:14:09 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2009, 10:06:50 PM »
One more shot of this guy with his scratch built visor in place. It's the bottom shot.

clonetrooper360, Alex, this is what you should try for your first custom. Look at the two purple clonetroopers that I did, below. One is a clonecommander figure where I just painted over his existing markings with purple paint. I think on that one, I added some little black smudges to simulate carbon scoring from battle damage.

In the next shot, I did the same thing with an rots ATTE gunner, except I added some markings that you would see on a shocktrooper to his arms, legs, and helmet.  It takes some practice to develope some basic painting skills as far as figures go and the best way to learn is to start simple like this. These two were among probably the first 10 or 15 custom clones that I ever did.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 10:21:41 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2009, 10:50:34 AM »
Glad to help, Alex.

I have been painting on this Fox figure and have some update shots for you to see. Any touchups have yet to be done in white.
In the first shot, you can see from the glare that the mixed testors acrylic dark red is drying too glossy. I dug through the paint collection and found a bottle of Pactra red that I mixed darker which drys much more flat. I have used this mix for all of my paintwork since then as you can see by the less shine look of the dried paint in the remaining shots.