Author Topic: eBay - customs, dioramas and auctions of the week  (Read 18625 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: eBay.de - Germany - crazy auctions worth sharing...
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2020, 01:33:18 AM »
Tamer: That's so true...many fans are puzzled now. I feel that some even are in rage after the HasbroPulseCon reveals (more bad repacks) and the debacle with their Con exclusives. We can only hope that we'll see more TCW characters next year. The greatest set and true dedication of this year is the 501st ARC Trooper 3-Pack for TVC imo. Too bad it's hardly available anywhere...

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2020, 01:35:30 AM »
Hasbro aren't capable of giving us a (correct and articulated) ESB Yoda on Vintage card and the result is...people going crazy! Does anyone have this variant? We might see the Black Series Yoda on Vintage card soon, so selling this one now might be a lucrative option:

252€ are about $283.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2020, 07:06:11 AM »
I think I do have this one somewhere. Was it part of the original trilogy collection from years back?

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2021, 10:58:36 PM »
Just found this Diorama on “ebay Kleinanzeigen” for 155€ or best offer (without figures) this morning. Thought this might be nice for reference. I find it so cool that someone built one of this particular scene of The Mandalorian. And this inspired me to finally make my first Diorama of Mustafar as well:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 11:54:53 PM by Darth More »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2021, 11:22:48 PM »
That is pretty cool. Glad you found it inspiring. I still think you have more Felucia stuff to do though (can anyone say Chryssalid ;D) I think the lava dioramas are pretty cool. My son has a small terrain piece he and a friend built that is lava field base for Warhammer minis that I've always thought would translate well into a larger scale landscape for Star Wars.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 11:25:02 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2021, 12:08:42 AM »
Haha, you're right! Haven't forgotten the Chryssalid, but like my other The Force Unleashed figures this wonderful creature is across the country. I'm going to share more pictures in Fall. The Chryssalid is such an amazing piece, love the design and colors and thank you so much for making me aware of it! The figures are not even included with the diorama, but I think the price is okay assuming the builder spent 8 hours on making it.
The picture frame dio was a test for a larger project. Still have my base plate for the Mos Eisley modular build, so I got 8 more drafts for similar modulars. One of them is Felucia, but I'll need a few more plants to fill the area of 110 x 150 cm...but it will have enough space to display the Battle Rancor, an Acklay and of course the beautiful Chryssalid!

It's wonderful that your son enjoys Star Wars and his father's skills so much as well! Warhammer is a great source for our scale as well and back in 2009 I also built the Mos Eisley Diorama with a friend...good memories!

The same seller also sells the Klatooinian Raider from the TVC AT-ST for 110€. Meanwhile it's still available to (pre-)order on Amazon at the moment for 76€. It's crazy that the same AT-ST is offered for 212€ or more in the bay. That's why I might order one more from Jeff.

The same seller also has a custom Blurgg for 49€, which looks pretty nice. I'm sure it will be $39.99 when Hasbro makes one for TVC or $49.99 if it comes with a repack/repaint of Kuiil.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 12:21:27 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2021, 12:14:39 AM »
Also found this Diorama of Cloud City the other day. It's $160 or best offer as of this post. I just love the details on this one and foam core is probably one of the best materials to use for Bespin projects:

You can still buy it here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/123807550649?hash=item1cd3814cb9:g:92kAAOSwcuVbeDo~
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 04:10:48 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2021, 04:15:47 AM »
That Cloud City Dio is amazing. Man, I can see the Ice Cream Maker Guy running through this. Or Han in Carbonite being moved to the ole Firespray.

Off to the front pages with this one.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2021, 11:45:12 AM »
Indeed, and I recognized just today that the artist is located in Greece and not in the U.S. I supposed he was because the prices are in USD. And the Bespin Diorama sold after you shared it on the frontpage, but he sold 6 of them in total, so it isn't a one of a kind. Today he even relisted it, which makes sense to me if he's a professional model builder who makes a living with these.

The most amazing thing to me is though, that the Bespin one isn't even the most impressive one of him! You can take a look at his other projects here:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/karaim1008/m.html?item=124440581288&hash=item1cf93c94a8%3Ag%3AjpIAAOSwJX5fsQgd&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I'd say he's the 'hemble of Greece'! And if you read his feedback, his customers are as amazed as I am right now!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 06:08:44 AM by Tamer »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2021, 12:53:10 AM »
You can also follow his work on Instagram: litvival

https://instagram.com/litvival?utm_medium=copy_link

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2021, 06:23:22 AM »
This is just amazing. I have got to get this on the front pages.

I need to check out more of those Hoth Turrets.

For the scale size these are some fair prices too.

Thanks for sharing this with us Philipp.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2021, 08:28:54 AM »
This guys stuff is UNBELIEVABLE. I saved nearly every picture on his account for "tips/inspiration" my favorites are definitely the desert hovels and that stunning Naboo deity head, I'd LOVE to have one of those. Brings me back to when Niub Niub made one and offered a cast for a contest... Which I was salivating for 😵

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2021, 04:19:21 AM »
He's work is awesome and excellently detailed.

Ron

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2021, 01:43:25 AM »
Due to the lack of Astromechs from Hasbro prices have constantly gone up on the secondary market. Now I found a collection and the seller claims he has them all 1 Vintage and Modern. He claims this is worth about 6,000€, but sell them all to me for 4,800€ (~ $5,580). He’s especially proud of the pop-up R2s as his favorite pieces of all 190 Droids.
These Disney Parks Droid Factory Lines are extremely hard to get here in Germany.

What do you think? I think it’s fair, but hard to afford. Definitely a collection I don’t see every day. Let me know if you’re interested.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 01:50:50 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2021, 08:52:55 AM »
Now that is a lot of droids!