Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280239 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #540 on: March 17, 2010, 10:32:30 AM »
Here are our answers such as they are;

1. We have seen the new vintage line and were wondering two things; one, will we see "offerless" cards of every figure in this line? two, why was the decision made to offer figures not in the original vintage line including the prequel movies? It would seem that a true vintage line would have stayed true to the orginal Kenner vintage line as there were plenty of figures from that line that could have used the updating.

Since we had few iconic characters to work with that have not been done before, Vintage as a concept was dead without the need to add new characters to the mix.  We could have gone one, maybe two more waves of six but the majority of characters left to go to update the Kenner run would never had made it out on a Vintage card.  This way, there is always the possibility that the run could be completed.  In addition, it continues arguably the most powerful nostalgic toy line look as if it had never stopped.  The decision to add characters that were never on vintage, including prequel characters, was something that we did not enter into without doing a great deal of research before hand.  As for offers - there is good news.  The stickers are not permanent and can be peeled off without damaging the card.

2)In the past, we have seen battle packs to provide us with troops to man up the Turbo Tank and the ATTE vehicles.What are the chances that we can expect a new Vintage Battle Pack to help us man up the new AT-AT walker vehicle? Since 4 figures are the normal number to expect with a new Battle Pack, and since the walker already comes with one driver fig, I think that including 2 Snowtroopers, 1 Driver, and 1 Commander would round it out nicely. Perhaps you could substitute one of the Snowtroopers for a Hoth Speeder Bike Scout figure?

There will indeed be a Hoth-themed Battle Pack this year to complement the AT-AT.  There will be three figures: Vader, Snowtrooper, and a Sith Speeder Bike Scout along with other key accessories.

Three figures including yet another Vader for a battlepack? Must be some good accesories!

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #541 on: March 17, 2010, 11:06:47 AM »
who decided these questions?

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #542 on: March 17, 2010, 11:12:34 AM »
Sounds interesting, thanks for this Tamer. Did the questions regarding the Action Fleets get submitted in on time or did Hasbro ignore them?
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #543 on: March 17, 2010, 12:47:10 PM »
sith speeder bike???????????????? wtf hasbro???????!!!!!!!!!!!!! bbfet   huh ? and we all knew the answer was a no why submit it anyway jeeshh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #544 on: March 17, 2010, 12:48:08 PM »
sorry about the rant i broke my ankle so im a bit angry

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #545 on: March 17, 2010, 10:18:05 PM »
I guess I should have added something about "besides the vader repack" to my battle pack question.
That's ok. It reads as a no.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #546 on: March 17, 2010, 10:56:01 PM »
First time reading this thread, so I hope I'm not repeating  something posted before:

Was curious if Hasbro will consider a run on unpainted figures directed at customizers through a direct sales basis on star wars shop.  No packaging, just and inexpensive unpainted figure with accessories.

How about a fan voted figure weapons pack, like the ones included in certain vintage toys like the AT-AT (remember the rebel back packs, grappling hook, and extra pistols and rifles?)

Thanks,
Dax

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #547 on: March 18, 2010, 06:59:10 AM »
Will we ever see some of the Mandalorians from the Entertainment Earth boxed set on a single card, or released again in a battle pack?  Will we be able to get the female Mandos on card?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #548 on: March 18, 2010, 09:22:22 AM »
Thats a good one Pat and I did sumbit someones question about rereleasing hard to find figs so we will see what they say. I did get the questions submitted for this round folks.

Offline jediwolf69

• The Lost 513th
  • Captain
  • the force well be with you always!
« Reply #549 on: March 20, 2010, 12:02:51 AM »
Here are my question.
Q1. Well we very see a female Wookie made in to a figure?
Q2. do you have plans to make figures from the old republic game?
Q3.  Is there anyway we could get a carded weapon pack ( something like the old Jose line back in the 80's, u could get 8 different guns and items to refit your Joe's with)?

try not, do or do not, there is no try.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #550 on: March 20, 2010, 05:21:51 AM »
Don't forget folks we are trying to just keep this thread for questions or if questions are asked that have already been answered by another site we can post said answers here and that willl ensure I don't waste a question. If you find any good skippy from another site's q and a session we have built a thread for it.  Hasbro.starwars.com, think that is it, usually has the q and a responses from all sites that submit questions too, but if you see good ones please post them in our other thread. Also, if you see one of your questions hasn't been submitted for a previous round (we only get to submit two now daggone it) please bump it down the thread as the closer it is to the bottom the more likely it will be for me to find it. My old eyes ain't what they used to be.

UPDATE: I stickied the Hasbro round up report thread so it will show up at the top of this and that is where you can put all your good intel you find from other sites. Please try to remember to give the site credit on which it was found. Thanks! I appreciate all your interest in this thread. You guys keep this placing hoping so nicely.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 05:25:20 AM by Tamer »

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #551 on: March 20, 2010, 05:47:42 PM »
Dear Hasbro
As collectors from the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom are finding it increasing difficult to get realistic figures from the B.A.D line,will hasbro produce a greatest hits wave from the B.A.D line for these regions i.e Boba Fett Jango Fett etc. As they cut of a huge market.

(am not sure if there in Britain but they aint in the republic or northern Ireland)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 05:56:57 PM by republiccommando1164 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #552 on: March 20, 2010, 05:50:48 PM »
Welcome RC1164 to the Yards. We can sure feel our overseas brothers' pain over thier SW hobby. We have asked questions about that before and one they just refused to answer, no reason why.

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #553 on: March 20, 2010, 06:31:40 PM »
1) With the current economic climate. Would hasbro not see it as a good idea to produce figures that the fans would most certainly buy such as various clone troopers with various features (not action ones) and accsesories, EU figures such as Mara Jade,Revan,Malak  and of course Delta squad. Rather than produce countless repacks ie the Saga legends line that dont sell ie Yoda, Vader, R2 and the SBD.

2)With the current economic climate. Would hasbro not increse the time between waves to allow children (the market hasbro primarily aims for) to save up sufficent capital to purchase figures.

3) Would Hasbro not forsake the countless repacks in order to increse articulation and consumer satisfaction with the products.

4) Why dose hasbro not have a future wave of troopers, rebellion, GAR and Imperial.. Designed by the fans as many consumers would rather buy figures by the customising community than the plane old boring white jobs produced by your company.

I talk pimp when i talkabout the economics of action figures. LOL

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #554 on: April 01, 2010, 09:14:25 AM »
Ok folks, we have until April 9th till our next round is due. Time to get this thread in high gear.  Do we still want to see a comparison shot of the new snowpeeder beside the older one(s)?

How bout this one?

Can we get a picture of the toysrus exclusive boxed version of the new At-At coming out? As we understand, it will be given a special vintage boxed deco and there will be two other ships given this same vintage retro feel? Any chance we could get exact dimensions on the size of this new behemoth?

Is anyone else wondering if they are gonna give us another round of the Slave I?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:05:41 AM by Tamer »