Author Topic: BL4CK5H33P's Customs - Happy Halloween 2014 pg. 22 - 10/06/2014  (Read 46772 times)

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
  • What I lack in skill, I make up for in creativity.
This new sniper is awesome.  I hear ya on the "white over black basecoat" too. Good job.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
excellent!! almost live-like pics!

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: BL4CK5H33P's Customs UPDATE 05/29/12 Mando Mini-Me finished!!! Page 8
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2012, 11:18:29 PM »
Your hired, this mando can join my crew anyday, nice color scheme, I'm customizing a jodo kast figure into a Mando with a very similiar color scheme. But the head, you didn't have to do all that sculpting, you look like Rock & Roll from GI Joe could have just took his head LOL.

THNX wheeljack - U'r the 2nd person to tell me I resemble Rock & Roll - LOL - that head sculpt came that way... it's a custom cast from SlayerDesignStudio - so no sculptin' on this custom @ all... :)

Hey, is SlayerDesignStudio still around?  I keep going to their website and it says "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)".

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Mandalorians wear the finest armor blood can buy"
Re: BL4CK5H33P's Customs UPDATE 05/29/12 Mando Mini-Me finished!!! Page 8
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2012, 02:49:00 AM »
Your hired, this mando can join my crew anyday, nice color scheme, I'm customizing a jodo kast figure into a Mando with a very similiar color scheme. But the head, you didn't have to do all that sculpting, you look like Rock & Roll from GI Joe could have just took his head LOL.

THNX wheeljack - U'r the 2nd person to tell me I resemble Rock & Roll - LOL - that head sculpt came that way... it's a custom cast from SlayerDesignStudio - so no sculptin' on this custom @ all... :)

Hey, is SlayerDesignStudio still around?  I keep going to their website and it says "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)".

SDS is still around - they're "re-doing" how their store... or I should say STORES, are set up... there are now (4-6) distribution hubs that carry their inventory... here is a link to the new forum -

http://sdscreations.forumotion.com/forum
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
I really like his gun, what is it from?

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
Re: BL4CK5H33P's Customs UPDATE 06/07/12 TOR era Mandalorian !!! Page 10
« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2012, 01:04:11 PM »
Yet another WiP to add to the GROWIN' pile... my TOR era Mandalorian... I went w/ a less tech heavy look - light body armor... NO rocketpack... padded greaves & just simple forearm bracers... I also like that some Mandos are depicted w/o the traditional T-visor in some instances durin' this era... LMK what'cha think & I could use some color suggestions - my wife thinks multi-greens w/ my usual tan & brown treatments... I haven't done a lot of greens, but, I'm also considerin' some shades of yellow - maybe both? Also - the GI Joe PoC Dusty upper torso fits the Kashyyyk trooper lower torso, once ya crack the lower & replace the shorter SW peg w/ a longer JOE part & then it's REALLY loose between the 2 - so ya gots to pack some epoxy up N2 the upper torso to fill the void...

Old Republic era Mandalorian

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 01:05:30 PM by BL4CK5H33P »
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know. Live & die on this day. How we die is equal to how we live. Once more into the breach, my friends, once more, or we close the walls up with our dead...

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2012, 03:35:41 PM »
This TOR Mando is gonna be sick!  I especially like the kitbashed blaster...almost all of my Mandos have custom weaponry too. I think it adds to the individuality of the character.

Offline wheeljack

• Lieutenant
« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2012, 04:37:40 PM »
cool gear on this guy, can't wait to see him painted.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2012, 05:49:18 PM »
oooooooooooooo can't wait.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2012, 06:13:03 PM »
I think this has become my favorite Mando of the ones you've done recently (and he's not even finished yet)!

I love the helmet variation and the Cap'n America boots add nicely to this guy's infantry look; I recently used the same boot over a pair of Count Dooku SA legs and they really do like nice.

I support the use of a bit of yellow on this guy, whether it's stripes or just a patch of shoulder armor, but the color isn't one that used often and the tans/greens could benefit from a splash of color...

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2012, 07:48:24 PM »
Very cool Mando! :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2012, 05:12:20 AM »
I agree, cool Mandalorian. On the fp.

Offline BL4CK5H33P

• Mandalorian Madman
  • Lieutenant
Ok, so I decided to go w/ just 1 color along w/ the muted earthtones - green was just very garish to me... I really like this subdued school bus yellow... This guy actually turned out to be more heavily armored than I had originally thought... I also wanted to do some outdoor pics - it was such a nice MANDO morning...

Old Republic Mandalorian --- This guy has been added to my sale thread...

THNX 4 lookin' & as always... comments / questions / suggestions / critiques R welcomed... ;D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:47:05 AM by BL4CK5H33P »

Offline TIEpilot

• Ensign
Nice Mando..

Looks BAD A**

TIEpilot
Greg

Offline Darth Optimus

• Devourer of brownies
  • Brigadier
Kandosii, ner vod!  Nice color scheme.