Author Topic: AFE's Customs -- Updated 12/28/13--Back In Black!  (Read 121963 times)

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
Thanks guys! More variations on the Jenny custom are up on the latest contest thread.

Here are the shots that didn't make it into the contest:

DSC_1564

DSC_1557

DSC_1558

DSC_1560

DSC_1562

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
AFE....superb job on each and every one!!!  :D

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
Thanks so much BOTWT! That means a lot!

"For the Empire!"

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
That TIE pilot looks phenomenal; my personal fave of the bunch!  Awesome job on each one!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Mungo Baobab

• Customs Merchant
  • Marshal
Great work.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Holy cow. That Mando version didn't get entered? I love it.

On the front page with this update.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
That TIE pilot looks phenomenal; my personal fave of the bunch!  Awesome job on each one!

agreed, same with me :)

Offline botwt

• Brigadier
    • Botwt's Star Wars Figure Collection
Holy cow. That Mando version didn't get entered? I love it.
Think that was my favorite as well, but they are all so good. :D

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Just got done enjoying all the pictures in this thread.  I had to make sure I posted a reply so I could see when new stuff might be added.  Great stuff.

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Superb all of them!

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
@JediMerc: I really like the way that one came together. I didn't add these to the contest entry because I felt they were pretty simple head swaps and mods. But with some dramatic lighting and poses the "Jenny head" makes any version look top notch!

@Mungo: Thank you sir!

@Tamer: Yeah I know, but at the time I really didn't want to submit too many entries. I had to force myself to stop at 6 lol. The addition of the black cape, the goggles on the helmet, the jet pack and boba fett's blaster really cinched that figure. I love the Rav Bralor body so much! Then mix in some soft yellow lighting with some blue-ish tinged LEDs and I actually shot this one from below the figure rather then at figure-level. It worked nicely I think :) Thanks for the front page!

@Art: Thank you so much! I caught your update on your thread and I have to say thank you so much for undertaking Kixxy! I know you're going to make something amazing! Feel free to change her how you see fit :)

@BR Steel: Glad you like the thread and my photos! I add new stuff almost every week now so definitely stick around! If you have a thread up I'd love to see it! Please post a link for us here!

@Hangarbay: Coming from you, that's a high mark :)

I'm shooting for Tuesday/Wednesday for my next batch of custom portraits! We've got some newcomers in the mix now too! I'm going to tackle as many as possible! Please stay tuned :)

"For the Empire!"

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
thanks a lot for the trust in me and for allowing me to put my own twist on your work!!   thats not to be taken for granted and I greatly appreciate this gesture and permission!! BTW I just edited my thread and posted a face close up I finished moments ago. But now its almost 11 pm here in Germany I'll have to say good night :)

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
Ok so the photo shoot went pretty well. I started by doing a mini dio with my Tie Bomber being "retrofitted for service" with a bunch of ground crew members working her over to get her ready for flight duty. After that I moved on to the customs Didn't get a chance to create DarknSour's figure yet as what little I have here in the way of Sith lords/jedi just wouldn't cut the mustard. So Dark, your figure is on hold for a little while, but I'm definitely thinking about it.

So to start off the update I thought we'd go with the figure that Mungo's request inspired. Mungo Baobab wanted a wise Jedi with traditional robes and a purple saber (and lots of other specifics) but as I got to working on it an Old republic Jedi Shaman was born! While it's not a portrait of Mungo (I am still planning to do one) it is a totally new creation that Mungo inspired.

Alive during the time of the Old Republic Jedi Master Huron "Stormcaller" Kah'Ryuun upheld the Jedi code. Having spent time among hundreds of different peoples on countless worlds, Master Huron immersed himself in their cultures and beliefs. Fascinated with the anthropology of the galaxy Master Huron learned to perfect thousands of healing rituals and spiritual rites. As a Jedi Shaman--holy man and healer he was accepted into even the most paranoid and reclusive peoples' societies and aloud to live among them and learn of their customs. Having spent time among the Sand People of Tatooine, the Wookies of Kashyyyk, The Talz of Alzoc III, Acqualish of Ando and many other beings that often shunned outsiders or attacked them for trespassing into their territories, Master Huron gained knowledge most beings could never know. A simple man, Huron dressed in simple robes and carried satchels of healing herbs and salves, elixirs and unctures. He also adapted his garments to suit any number of cultures from the most primitive and tribal or to blend in as common among hierarchical societies. Sometimes donning garlands of skulls or necklaces of teeth for cultures to project his skill as a hunter and impress his would be hosts. His lightsaber-- the hilt was hand crafted from a Gaffi stick and it drew its power from a violet Kashyyyk amethyst crystal. In addition to his thirst for knowledge and his gifts for healing--both emotional wounds and physical maladies--Huron also possessed the ability to control a planet's weather for a small area. Able to call down hail during a battle, or kick up a sandstorm to blind a would be attacker Huron was known as "The Storm Caller". Favoring violent thunderstorms during intense combat, Huron often called upon great bolts of lightning to persuade his foes to flee with their lives. One of the first force users to learn to conjure force lightning, Huron harnessed his most impressive defense from the very electricity of nature itself. A respected and revered man, Huron would leave many valuable lessons and skills to his predecessors and help to forever impress upon the galaxy the role of the Jedi as keepers of peace and exemplars of life in all its forms.

DSC_1618

DSC_1621

DSC_1624

DSC_1626

DSC_1627

"For the Empire!"

Offline SITHHAPPENS

• I LOVE IT WHEN A CUSTOM COMES TOGETHER!
  • Major
    • sanitariumcustoms.blogspot.com
Re: Action Figure Empire's Customs -- Updated 05/31 New Figures Revealed!
« Reply #268 on: May 31, 2011, 10:28:26 PM »
he looks very cool great job 8)

Offline RebelAce

• Wedge Antilles' Wingman
  • Lieutenant
  • "Good Luck! See you at the rendezvous!"
Re: Action Figure Empire's Customs -- Updated 05/31 New Figures Revealed!
« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2011, 10:33:32 PM »
he looks very cool great job 8)

Agreed