Author Topic: 2013 Joint Site Episode VII Customizing Challenge  (Read 33530 times)

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
Re: 2013 Joint Site Episode VII Customizing Challenge
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2013, 07:39:30 AM »
Some really great work has been posted - I love the variety and creativity.  I heard about this thanks to Chewie over on Yakface.  I am still working on my entry - I hope to have it finished today (or tomorrow)!

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2013, 08:01:32 AM »
I just posted up a gallery over on Facebook. I will add new entrants as I see them.

Just go to the ISY Facebook Page and it will be the first post. It is jaw dropping.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2013, 08:46:17 AM »
Wow!  I mean...just wow!  

Evillvo: that wookiee looks like it could be on the pegs right now.  Excellent sculpting; it blends in so well you can't even tell it was an addition.  Congrats on a great fig and welcome to the yards!

Bubo: great concept!  The Tuskens are an often overlooked species with such great potential.  Potential now realized in your Tusken merc!  This is really a nice-looking piece, from the Vimdin body right down the Fett gadgets.  The custom card is a huge bonus: I've seen that Tusken image on DeviantArt; great choice for the card art.  Congrats on an awesome entry.

Warsaw:  that is not only a perfectly designed and painted figure, but the backstory is pure genius.  I can see the Cloud City/Lando influence  just in the color choices.  Phenomenal work!

WB:  I've been waiting to see how the final two figs in your EpVII "trilogy" would come along...boy, you sure don't disappoint!  I love the outfit design for Shae, but the Admiral Han Solo is, in my opinion, one of the finest figs you've put together (and you've done quite a few).  Everything about this version of Solo is jut about what I envisioned he should look like in the ST.  Just outstanding!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 08:50:24 AM by JediMerc »

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Warsaw

• Cadet
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2013, 09:08:33 AM »
Yes, I am Warsaw Wonder. Thanks for all the kind words everyone!
I added my parts recipe under my entry photos on both sites.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2013, 11:19:35 AM »
That Tusken merc is very cool, especially with the custom designed cardback. The display base complements it perfectly :)
Chewie, may as ask once more (since you are a moderator at Yakface) if you can help me with  my registration there?

Sorry for any issues - I just now saw you needed some assistance.

It looks like you've been registered in the Yakface forums since 2007... I manually forced reactivation of your account in the event you are unable to log in... if you still have any issues please email me - rykrofenloe@yahoo.com

In the meantime, I am posting your custom in the thread there too.

0/

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2013, 08:40:15 PM »
Okay, here it goes. I've got one done and I hope to get another done tomorrow, but we'll see.

This is Borga the Hutt. He's the "Godfather" of the underworld and he's got a serious problem. For a long time he had gone unchecked in the Outer-Rim when the Empire was in control but in the past several years that has changed. The Jedi have been resurrected by the Master Luke Skywalker and in recent years have become numerous enough to be a thorn in his side.

Borga brings together several organizations to meet and discuss a solution to this "Jedi" problem. The biggest and baddest Crime Syndicates in the galaxy attend and attempt to work together to rid themselves of Skywalker and his Jedi once and for all. Collectively they're gangs are still no match for the Jedi who are backed by the Supreme Chancellor of the New Republic Leia Solo.

Borga decides the best way to handle this problem is to call in a mark with the ruler of Mandalore and combine their armies for an all out war with the forces of good.

BORGA THE HUTT       

This was an old POF deleted scene Jabba I had laying around. The sculpt was so bad I had no remorse ripping him apart and re-sculpting him. He is actually modeled after a horned toad. I thought this made him look a little more threatening than Jabba. Hope you all like him and his bad attitude.   ;D

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2013, 04:30:52 AM »
Darth Sinister this looks great. It would be cool to have a new Hutt to contend with.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2013, 06:44:08 AM »
That Hutt is just AMAZING! Man, what a rough looking joker! in a good way. Love the resculpt and the painting is top notch! The eyes are spectacular! Very well done my friend.

Offline DarthDrew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2013, 07:27:25 AM »
Wow, nice stuff so far guys! I like the wookie a lot, he's looking really nice! And that Hutt is very sharp looking (pun intended) I love the paint on him, and those eyes are amazing! Looks to be some very nice entries so far!

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »
Here's my entry. It's a Gran Jedi, Pars Feen. Obviously, I have no idea if there will be a Gran Jedi in the new movies. However, I made the figure with what I think will be the spirit of the new movies. First, I think we'll see more and more exotic alien Jedi (including Gran). Second, I think we'll see more yellow lightsabers. Finally, I think we'll see more morally ambiguous characters. I tried to make this Jedi halfway between a Sith and Jedi, with black robes but not completely black. Enjoy!

Gran Jedi, Pars Feen by FreeDom410, on Flickr

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2013, 10:47:48 AM »
DS:  I commented on this over at Yakface, but wanted to add one here as well.  This is not only a fantastic creation in its own right, but a TERRIFIC idea for a plot line for the upcoming ST.  I would love to see a character like this, even in a smaller role, worked into the new films. 

DarthCrassus:  I like the Gran Jedi; nice look, especially since I'm no fan of boring tan Jedi robes. 

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Evilivo

• Cadet
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2013, 02:10:33 PM »
Tnanks a lot guys! Especially to Chewie :)
That Hutt i s badass! I love the new angle of the eyelids and the paintjob. Also cool idea with the gran jedi, what is the recipe?

Offline dr0d26

• Lieutenant
« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2013, 03:35:46 PM »
Here is my entry..
Jaina Pre-Pilot Suit
Jaina Jedi Combat Suit is for my entry @ Yakface... Enjoy..

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2013, 03:36:30 PM »
Having survived the Battle of Dathomir during the Clone Wars, Mother Talzin, in league with Darth Sidious, created an army of Nightbrothers and Nightsisters trained by Darth Maul.  This army was to be used against the Jedi, had Order 66 not been successful.  After the Purge, the Emperor ordered a blockade of Dathomir, knowing the power of Mother Talzin and her minions.  The clans were held isolated for decades until the Empire fell.  With Darth Sidious dead - Mother Talzin was able to forge an alliance with the Imperial fleet in orbit of Dathomir.  This fleet, armed with hundreds of force sensitive Nightbrothers and Nightsisters, along with Darth Maul, and Mother Talzin, now make their way to Coruscant to wage war with the New Republic...

===

This is my third (and final) Mother Talzin custom.  I designed her to be a cross between the Clone Wars appearance, and what she may look like in a movie - for the 2013 Joint Site Episode VII Customizing Challenge.

** Forgot some detailing - so I updated the pictures **
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 04:51:46 PM by darth_sidious »

Offline DarthSinister

• Captain
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2013, 04:10:05 PM »
Thanks for the thumbs up every one!  

Darthcrassus,nice looking Gran!

Dr0d26, love the Jaina esp the one in black!

Sidious that's a great realistic rendition of the Mother!

CHEWIE, I changed a few things on my profile when I posted on the YAK last night and it won't let me log back in. Can ya help brother?