Imperial Creative Engineering > Dioramas

Incom's Crashed TIE Fighter Diorama

(1/3) > >>

Mr. Black:
Some of you have already seen the early stages of this dio of mine and know it's certainly not one of my fastest projects  ;D I started this in August '08, but the idea already came to mind in spring of that year. And now we're nearly 1.5 years further.

"What is it?" you ask? Well, it's going to be a diorama of a crashed TIE Fighter, with the ace pilot limping away from his ship. Technically, it's my first dio and a huge one at that. I figure the base will be at least 20" on the longest side.

Back then I bought a cheap POTF2 TIE, but was appalled by the teenie weenie solar panels. So I set out to look for the big solar panels. One of the Sandtroopers hooked me up with a loose panel (how do you end up with a loose large solar panel, anyway?) and I started damaging and wrecking the thing.

Since the pilot's out of his ship, I figured I had to do something about the terrible Hasbro cockpit as well. And that's where I usually almost grind to a halt. You see, I tend to really focus on the little things and details that I lose track of the big picture. But yesterday I put in the final details in the cockpit and closed that chapter.

Below are the sketch and a simple photoshop mockup, as well as WIP shots of the solar panel and cockpit:

Hm, there's really nothing holding me back from starting on the base, so I guess I'll have to get busy with that in the coming days.  :)

Clonehead:
Ever since I seen the wip pics of this one, I have been dying for you finish this, Incom. There is nothing funner than simulating battle damage and what better vehicle to do this to than a crashed tie?
  I'm glad to see you are getting your second wind on this project.

Reconsgt:
Wow, this is going to be one killer dio based on the start so far.

Mr. Black:
Hey, thanks guys. In all honesty it's probably my fourth wind, Clint  ;)

Luke Sprywalker:
Yes Incom this 4th wind is great to see. I love these pics and can't wait to see this come together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version