Author Topic: Lost Final Season  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Lost Final Season
« on: February 16, 2010, 09:28:30 PM »
I have watched this show faithfully since it started. Do any of you gents get into this show and want to discuss what is happening, this season?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: Lost Final Season
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 05:49:36 AM »
I am a huge fan of the show,  I am up for some speculation

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 11:23:01 PM »
I am loving this last season.  Lost has got it's rythym back.

It'll be interesting to see how they explain the alternate time line though... is everything currently going on on the island, with locke dead and the other survivors running around ALSO alive elsewhere?  like there are two of them now?  idk how that is going to work....

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 08:16:52 AM »
On my news station, I get occasional short interviews with the shows producers. They claim that the two alternate realities that we are seeing are related to each other although how is yet to be determined.

If they set off the bomb in the past and the island is under water in that reality, does that mean that Jacob no longer exists there? Is that why other attributes of that reality are different, for example, Locke still being with Peggy Bundy and her speaking fondly of his father?   What became of Christian's body?

Back in the alternate reality on the island, things are almost getting a mythology feel to the situation as far as Jacob vs the man in black/the smoke monster/evil john locke.    At the temple, what is this darkness they speak of that infects Sayid and how does it relate to the black smoke?   Is Claire also infected? In the previous seasons, was Christian "jack's father" an alternate form of the Black Smoke like Evil john Locke is now?     
     Who is the boy that evil john Locke spoke to, in the jungle? Was it jacob and if so, what does that mean as far as him being dead?

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 05:23:11 PM »
I don't know I think the boy is Jacob, it must be the Island enforcing the "rules"    All I know is I can't wait for the new episode tonite, I really grew to love this show.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 05:46:12 PM »
I'm not sure if he is Jacob or not. What if he ended up being some form of Claire's child, Aaron. Or, what if Aaron grew up to be Jacob? Kind of an island entity makes a full circle thing?
  I do like your idea of the island enforcing it's rules as if it's an entity because that certainly seems like a possibility.

After the realization that the smoke monster could make itself look and sound like anyone, it was speculated by me that it did so in several instances to motivate the people on the island as a vision of Christian/Walt/Mr.Echo's brother and whomever else I am forgetting. Since this was the case on the island, what of the visions of the dead castaways that Hurley had on the mainland? Were they also visions made by the smoke monster or could they have been sent by Jacob or even, quite possibly now, the island.  Since the black smoke is the obvious choice for the source of the visions of vanished people on the island, naturally seeing the smoke monster/Locke have a vision of his own in the last episode got me speculating in a different direction.
  I am with you, Wayne, and can't wait to see tonight's episode of what I have called the best show in tv for over 5 years now.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 05:52:30 PM »
Well seeing that Jacob and the "dark side guy, new locke" have been on teh island for hundreds of years, I wonder if it is the tale of ggod and evil,   but with the last season's and this seasons flashbacks to Jacob being in all of the chartacters lives at some point make me wonder what teh game is or if they ( jacob and mr ?) are looking for their next replacements?  Aaron didn't go back to the Island atleast not yet

All in all I like the fact I still don't know the answers,   

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 05:50:41 PM »
This past show was interesting and we saw alot of "destruction"   I would have liked to see more info or backstory on the lighthouse but I guess we will have to wait,   Next episode is centering on Ben so I am looking forward to that.,  with 1o episodes and a 2 hour final show left, I am sure it will start speeding up.

Offline Mandalore the skepsis

• A simple man
  • Colonel
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 09:05:43 PM »
This show lost me in the first season.

I'm not harshing on you all.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 09:09:36 PM »
I will say this,

When the first episode aired, I saw it and liked it, then I missed about half a season before I watched it again, and I was like WTF is this all thiscrap,   After I heard alot of co-workers talking about it, I rented the complete first season and watched every episode, then I was hooked,  For me I had to watch each episode in order to really get it, and enjoy it.

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 08:01:37 AM »
i was also a lostie,and would love to hear what all you guys think now that its all over.i loved it and for me,thier hasn't been a show to catch my attention like lost did since.it truely was the best T.V.series so far.