Author Topic: TIE Interceptor Wing Markings and More  (Read 3811 times)

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
TIE Interceptor Wing Markings and More
« on: December 06, 2011, 12:16:37 PM »
Hello All,

I'm starting a new a project here, that I was inspired to do from an Air Force poster that we have hanging in our ready room. The poster shows the F-16 tail markings with the squadron insignias underneath them, so I was thinking that it would be neat to see a poster done in that style for the TIE Interceptor Squadrons of the Galactic Imperial Navy. Since I have already done some Imperial fighter squadron insignias, I thought I would start on the wing markings, with the exception of the 181st Fighter Group, which is considered "C-Canon" all the rest are are going to be directly from my mind AKA "the Dark Side of the Force" LOL.

So, up first is the TIE Interceptor wing for the 181st with making some special modifications myself.

Please share any feedback that you might have concerning the markings or about the project in general!

EDIT: The wings shown are just mock ups, the final versions will look photo-realistic.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:46:37 PM by Viper Aviator »

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
Re: TIE Interceptor Wing Markings and More
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 12:35:43 PM »
And the 501st Fighter Group

Offline hangarbay94

• Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 01:11:06 PM »
VA, you never cease to amaze me. Your almost fanatical devotion to all things insignia makes you one of the most unique digital artists on the forum.

We seriously need to put together a gallery, or several galleries of your amazing reference material (pm me if interested)
I will use the word Awesome only because I cannot think of another word to convey my thoughts more effectively.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 02:56:12 PM »
Sweet idea Cal.

Offline Viper Aviator

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 10:21:38 PM »
Here is a sample of how the elements will come together on the final poster. I'm planning 3 rows with 4 squadrons per row

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 05:13:45 AM »
What a great way to start the day by having a cup of java and looking at your great images. Just outstanding Cal. I look forward to seeing the final design.

I would love for you to put together a portfolio of about twenty four to thirty of your best graphics, email em to me, and I will create a speical gallery for them off of our front page. Things like your awesome insignia posters and t graphics and what not. No hurry, but if you ever do go through your portfolio to pick out some things. I am interested to see what you think is your best work.