Author Topic: New Star Wars Projects Coming...  (Read 4560 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
New Star Wars Projects Coming...
« on: December 13, 2020, 07:11:36 AM »
https://www.starwars.com/news/future-lucasfilm-projects-revealed

Star Wars Rogue Squadron:

All in all over 15 new shows and or movies were announced.

I will try to put each one in its proper place later. Unless someone else wants to start em! That is gonna be a lot of work!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 07:40:46 AM by Tamer »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: New Star Wars Projects Coming...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 05:14:58 PM »
I've got Bad Batch if you've got everything else!

0/
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 05:38:54 AM »
I've got Bad Batch if you've got everything else!

0/

LOL. Feel free. I will get to em when I get to em if other folks don't start threads. And thanks!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 06:41:48 PM »
Im going into Star Wars withdrawal. I can't wait to see Obi wan and Andor, as well as mando s3. Acolyte sounds pretty interesting and different.

I'm really looking forward to Rogue Squadron. It'll be the first movie since ep9. It takes place after episode 9, which in a way is cool, because you can't have but so many stories set between ep3 and4 or post endor. So It'll be a clean slate and they can go in any direction they want, but I don't know. I'm curious who the antagonists will be. The first order collapsed, the final order was obliterated. It'll be interresting.  More than two years from now though. Im just glad were getting a good amount of different content. Im getting spoiled though I can't get enough.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 06:05:34 AM »
I think Visions is the next thing coming out on Sept. 22nd if I am recalling properly?

Then, the book of Boba comes in December.

And then Andor, Obi, and the Mandalorian later in the new year I think.

Right now I am watching What if on Disney Plus along with Ted Lasso on Apple TV. And I just finished Invincible on Prime which was ok.

I agree though I guess I am most looking forward to the Book of Fett and perhaps seeing it done in the same style as Mandalorian, but with even more of our OT Characters thrown in.

I am also anxious to see what happens with our favorite Mandalorian now that Grogu is out of the picture (or is he?) and see if Bo Katan and him get into it over the darksaber and if they go back after Mandalore.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 06:07:56 AM by Tamer »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 07:08:37 AM »
  Im not into Marvel at all or superhero movies, so I don't bother with them i liked Ironman 1&2 and the new Spiderman movies are okay. But are the disney+ marvel shows good from a fan perspective? 
Yeah i have no idea what is coming out when anymore, but I think you're right book of boba is coming December, i thought mando was coming out either the same time or right after. I'll have to check. Yeah Visions is not something im going to really get into. And that's okay there are going to be things that aren't for me, the galaxy doesn't revolve around me. Bad Batch wasn't bad it's just you can't expect much from it, take it as it is.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 06:52:34 PM »
The disappointment of The Bad Batch hasn't soured me on Star Wars.
The use of anime (which I've never liked) for Visions hasn't turned me away,
just reinforced what I already believed. disney doesn't know what the fans want, doesn't
understand the mindset of Star Wars fans and cannot get past their grand
canyon sized egos and recognize that George's vision is the basis for
everything Star Wars.
Having said that, Rogue 1-Excellent, Clone Wars-outstanding, Ahsoka-first rate,
The Mandalorian-impressive.
I have high hopes for Andor, Rogue Squadron, Obi Wan and the Book of Boba Fett.
I'm looking forward to these four but that little voice in the back of my head
keeps me grounded.
Star Wars withdrawal? Absolutely!!! In need of a Star Wars I.V. drip to keep my
light side/dark side hormones in balance? Pos I tiv ely!!
I'm a harsh critic when it comes to Star Wars but hopefully these new shows and
a movie will be impressive. Not only with their characters, story lines and cinematics
but a whole bunch of new costumes.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 05:56:14 PM by DarthHawk »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 08:33:21 PM »
   Star Wars can't survive on nostalgia, it needs new blood. It's like rock and roll, if we just have kiss cover bands and concerts with 80 year old rock stars it's going to die. Some of the new rock is not to my liking, but it's still alive. With the diverse content we're getting, something like Book of Boba or mandalorian are going to appeal to old schoolers, and something like visions is going to appeal to people who might not even like Star Wars. Bad Batch is made for children probably the age of omega.  The problem with the sequel is they tried to be both edgy and nostalgic, and it just didn't work. I think they figured that out, so we're getting either or with all the new content. So there's going to be things we like and don't like. I personally like something a little edgy and different, to an extent. Getting new star wars fans will keep star wars going for decades.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 02:36:42 AM »
Lots of good points all around.

Right now I just want new Star Wars period.

Offline DarthHawk

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 06:26:43 PM »
I don't disagree with JDeck. New Star Wars needs to be edgy and willing to push the edge of the envelope with their storylines and characters. But at the same time it has to be true to the blood line of Star Wars.
We didn't get that with the sequel trilogy or the Bad Batch. Plus don't forget how the rabid rodent has politicized our beloved franchise.
As far as being diverse Star Wars has always been a diverse community whether it's the movies/tv shows, the characters, the fans or the costumers.
The Celebration videos on you tube are proof of Star War's diversity.
It's possible that these new shows will make the old fogie Star Wars fans like me say; YES!
THAT'S WHAT STAR WARS IS ALL ABOUT while at the same time satisfying the current new generation of fans and help create a whole new group of Star Wars fandom.
I know we have gotten a little off topic so let me try and bring it back home.
The new shows-I can't wait. All of the new products have great background material to build on and I have high hopes disney will hit the bullseye.
I'm with Tamer: Right now I just want new Star Wars period.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2021, 07:30:54 PM »
I think it's unrealistic. They tried it with the sequels and i think it generated a lot of new fans, if they didn't get disgusted with the toxicity on social media. It's the same when the prequels came out, most older fans didn't like them. Now everyone is nostalgic for them and forgot all about how much people hated them. People who grew up with the prequels are adults with young families. So will be the same 10 years from now with the sequel fans. By then some new trilogy will piss them off and the process repeats itself. That's Star Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 02:27:48 AM »
I do agree that no one is ever gonna be satisfied period.

So, then all they have to worry about then is satisfying me as all I want is OT nods to everything. There, no more problems right?

LOL, it is only Thursday and I am already punchy. Bad recipe for today methinks.