Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280612 times)

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #855 on: June 16, 2011, 09:05:39 PM »
Great question Chewie!

Offline Chewie77

• Cadet
« Reply #856 on: June 17, 2011, 01:52:25 AM »
Great question Chewie!

excellent question, Chewie. Yes, I missed that one when it came out and would love a chance to snag one at retail.

There's definitely a lot of us (@Clonehead) who missed out on this sleek beauty.  A big chunk of a million-plus kids who dig Prequel era (TCW toons) were not even alive when the TPM Prequel came out, and missed out, too!  That's a million more reasons to release this magnificent ship.   Most of all, TPM 3D's theatrical debut next "movie year" maybe our best + last opportunity, to see these grace retail shelves...

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #857 on: June 18, 2011, 08:44:32 AM »
There are some good questions here. I have what I need to submit. I am comparing them to the other sites q's right now to make sure we don't bump heads and get em submitted. Nice work Yarders.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #858 on: June 28, 2011, 05:09:54 PM »
Having just updated our q and a webpage peripheral accessed off the front page for all of our previous q and a sessions, the last question from this first round about the Trandos just irritates me a bit with the logic in their answer and the items they have released with short story arcs. Two things:

One, do we want to get a list together of all the items from short story arcs that have been made and done well, let alone the new releases they have coming out from short arcs?

Two, if we think we should do that, I am gonna need help with the list of said items.

Now be advised, having just listened to swactionnews podcast where they have been after hasbro to talk about their distribution issues, we probably would not get a straight answer anyhow, but I don't know how they can't say we won't get some of these. We already know we are getting a Chewbacca from this finale, so they are already making some!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #859 on: June 28, 2011, 07:56:26 PM »
Early start, I think...

Dear Hasbro,

With TPM's upcoming anniversary, this would be an excellent time to release a new action-figure-sized Gian Speeder and an updated/reengineered Flash Speeder.  The Flash Speeder should be sized to allow our fully-articulated Qui-gon Jinn, Padawan Obi-wan, Amidala, and Naboo Security forces to sit in properly, rather than appearing to have been shoe-horned into the rear seat of a VW Bug.  (The Gian Speeder was previously released as an Action Fleet-scaled vehicle.)

At the same time, a pair of ANH thematically-linked vehicles could be released in conjunction with these two - a retooled Luke's Landspeeder and a Lars Family Landspeeder.  The first vehicle hasn't been seen since the days of the POTF2 line and the second has never been made.  As it appears in ANH both parked in the Lars Homestead garage and later, repainted, in the streets of Mos Eisley, this would seem to have a place on the shelves.

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
« Reply #860 on: June 29, 2011, 08:41:18 AM »
These questions are not about Star wars figures, they're about Iron Man figures:

1st:
I recently bought the Iron Man 2 Mark IV figure and the torso was very loose and the leg snapped as soon as it was taken out of the packaging, so I was wondering if you could possbly package your figures a bit better, because when it was still in the packaging the left leg looked like it was bent quite a lot.

2nd:
Hasbro, I was wondering if you were going to make anymore "Iron Man Armoured Adventures" figures, because you've only made 5 basic carded figures, so I was wondering if you were going to make figures like, The Hulkbuster Iron Man armour, Space Iron Man armour(black and gold with rockets on the back), Snow Ops Iron Man armour and the War Machine Armour. Personally I thing these characters would be really cool in figure and would sell really well. Alsocan you try and get some Iron Man armoured adventures figures to the U.K.?

3rd:
Hasbro, are you thinking about making Iron Man bases(hall of armour) because the closest toys I can find are the Iron Man 2 Hall of armour figures and the Iron Man 2 Rolling Battle Base, I was wondering if you could make the Iron Man armouries from the Classic Iron Man series(all of the suits are stacked) and the armoury from Iron Man armoured adventures?

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #861 on: June 29, 2011, 05:14:12 PM »
I am thinking Hasbro has a separate Q and A for their other lines and they will only accept Star Wars questions for this one. I will check about perhaps getting involved with their other Q and A's if we are interested and can populate a q and a thread for their respective lines. I will check on which ones they have, but am fairly certain they have a Joe and a Marvel q and a.

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
« Reply #862 on: June 29, 2011, 11:43:19 PM »
Oh, ok.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #863 on: July 01, 2011, 10:42:33 AM »
My question is: Sence hasbro has made an updated version of Lando for the vintage collection, will they make an updated version of Lobot as well?

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #864 on: July 03, 2011, 04:22:57 PM »
Y'know... I just bought my General Lando last week and was looking at the TVC Bespin Lando - and I want an updated Lobot, as well!!

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #865 on: July 13, 2011, 07:30:12 AM »
Folks I meant to post this earlier in the week, but my Hasbro contact emailed me that they would be late with this round of answers. At least they are consistent! ;D

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #866 on: July 13, 2011, 08:30:54 AM »
Dear Hasbro,

Will "minor" supporting characters who were released as POTF2/POTJ sculpts be revisited with the vastly improved Legends/Vintage line articulation?  Primary candidates for this treatment would be Lobot (ESB), Sio Bibble (TPM), Garindan (ANH), Naboo Security (guards and officer; TPM), Ayy Vida (AotC), and numerous others.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #867 on: July 16, 2011, 06:49:35 PM »
Ok, I have two questions I thought of while looking for new toys today:

1. Just what in the world are you going to do with all of the yellow helmed  Vintage Stormies, ROTS Clone Troopers, and the 212th Clone Troopers that are using up over half the peg space in my stores? I have also searched way out of my area trying to find newer figures and have come across pretty much the same thing there too. And no offense, but when you see a Saga Legends ROTS Clone Trooper sitting right beside the Vintage Carded ROTS Clone Trooper at over a dollar savings and a better looking figure to boot, there is no way those yellow helmed ones are going to move.

2. I noticed while I was looking for new Star Wars Action Figures that you now have a new building block line called Kre-O that is similar in style and sequence to Legos. Is there any chance you are thinking about picking this up for the Star Wars line up?

3. I know I am getting a little ahead of myself, but are you planning on renewing your Star Wars license with Lucasfilm when your current one expires in 2018? And if so, have you started negotiations with them yet?

What do you fine folks think of any of these?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #868 on: July 17, 2011, 07:11:07 AM »
I like question 1 but dont expect that it would get an answer.

Dear Hasbro, since now, there is a correct paint app version of commander colt, are you planning on re-releasing the arc troopers battle pack with this more correct version or is a 4 figure battle pack too much to ask for in a future release?

"there may be too much attitude in this question to warrant a straight answer as well"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 09:25:06 AM by Clonehead »

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #869 on: July 17, 2011, 07:35:23 AM »
Thats a good one Clint. I need to add a poll to this and we can vote on which questions we want sent in.