Author Topic: Mattel's "Jurassic World" Target Exclusive 6pk Review.  (Read 2466 times)

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
Mattel's "Jurassic World" Target Exclusive 6pk Review.
« on: June 04, 2018, 11:58:12 AM »
Mattel "Jurassic World" Target Exclusive 6pk Review:

Today, as a gift for my 45th birthday, I received the Target exclusive "Jurassic World" 6pk as a gift from my wife.

The 6pk contains 6 of the series one dinosaurs from the current "Jurassic World" line in new decos that are exclusive to this release. The 6pk contains 4 "Attack Pack" dinosaurs (Dimorphodon, Dilophasaurus and 2 Gallimimuses) and 2 of the action feature dinosaurs from target's exclusive "Legacy" line (Velociraptor and Pteranodon).

The new decos are all vastly different from their regular releases and are great for adding some diversity to your dinosaur displays.

The most striking figure is the Dimorphodon, with its vibrantly colored wings, greatly differentiating it from its carded release. The Dimorphodon swaps the light grey plastic of its carded version with a deep, rich green plastic and adds some striking red and orange paint to the insides of the wings in contrast to the dark maroon markings on the carded one. The articulation remains the same- ball jointed neck and shoulders, hinged jaw and tandem swivel hips. The Dimorphodon appears to be the figure with the most reissues: standard carded, in a 2pk (redeco'd with lime green wing markings) with "Blue", packed with a version of the park Jeep, with a new deco in this 6pk, in one of the upcoming slime sets and finally in another all new deco in Wave 2 of the carded "Attack pack" line.

The 2 differently deco'd Galimimus figures in the box share the same sculpt as their carded counterpart. The Galimimus has 5 POA- swivel hips and shoulders and a hinge neck. The Galimimus is also one of the heavier repacked figures in the line: standard carded release, slight redeco in a 2pk with a Velociraptor, another new deco in the Kohl's set, the 2 new decos in this boxed set and another new deco in the Target exclusive "Legacy" boxed set.

The Dilophosaurus is probably the weakest figure in the entire line due to the thick, oversized hinges on wither side of the head for the articulated frills. Aside from the hinges, the figure is not bad, not great, but not bad either. There are 6 POA- swivel hips and shoulders and the 2 aforementioned hinged frills. The Dilophosaurus is the only dinosaur in the basic line to come with an accessory- a translucent green jet of "venom" that can plug into a hole in its mouth to simulate it spitting its venom on a victim. This is a nice addition and helps to make up for the hinges. This mold is also available in a few different decos: as a standard carded "Attack pack" figure, in a 2pk with a Dimorphodon and in the Target exclusive "Legacy" boxed set.

The Velociraptor is a repaint of the raptor from Target's exclusive "Legacy" line and has all of the same articulation as the "Legacy" release. There are 4 useful POA: ball hinged shoulders and neck and a hinged jaw. The legs are spring loaded to make the raptor jump forward when the body is pressed down. The one I got does not seem to jump very far, but that does not bother me as I don't play with my toys. This mold is also utilized for "Blue" in the main line 2pk with Owen and is available in yet another deco in the Target "Legacy" boxed set. This same mold will be getting yet another deco in wave 2 of the "Legacy" line.

The Pteranodon shares a mold with the Target exclusive "Legacy" release but in an all new deco. There are 4 POA: swivel neck, hinged jaw and 2 flapping wings activated by a button hidden on the dino's back. The wing flapping feature is well designed and has a decent range of motion. This mold is due for another new, really striking deco in wave 2 of the "Legacy" line.

This boxed set is exclusive to Target in the United States and retails for $49.99. Considering what you get in the box (2 "Legacy" dinos which retail for $9.99 each and 4 "Attack Pack" dinos which retail for $8.99 each for a total of $56) it is a great buy, especially when you take the exclusive decos into account.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
    • The Spectreverse
Re: Mattel's "Jurassic World" Target Exclusive 6pk Review.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 12:00:36 PM »
Continued.

Visit me on Facebook!

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
    • The Spectreverse
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 12:01:12 PM »
Continued.

Visit me on Facebook!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 02:33:37 AM »
First off Dan Happy Birthday!

Second, awesome review. I really like the more colorful version of the flying dinosaur. I am so looking forward to this new movie; perhaps mainly so I can see the on screen versions of all the cool dinos you have reviewed.

With all the dinos you have shown us I can't even imagine what we are going to see on screen. Off to share another great review.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 05:25:49 AM »
Happy belated 45th birthday from me, too! I'm sure you've been having a great time since yesterday!
I always enjoy reading your reviews and looking at all these pictures! I'm amazed how much time and passion you put into your posts! And the pace of how fast your collection is growing is just stunning!
Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!

- Philipp