Author Topic: Mattel's "Jurassic World" Super Articulated Indoraptor Review.  (Read 724 times)

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
Mattel's "Jurassic World" Indoraptor Review:

One of the best pieces in Mattel's inaugural "Jurassic World" line is the super articulated Indoraptor. The Indoraptor is the film's new genetically created hybrid dinosaur and the main threat. Mattel went all out with the villain by giving it full articulation. The Indoraptor is packed in an open front cardboard box (somehow the pics of the front and back of the packaging got deleted and I have already discarded the packaging which is why there are no packaged shots in this review).

The Indoraptor is quite large and features 17 points of articulation- ball hinged head / neck / shoulders / elbows / wrists / hips(shallow lateral movement) / knees / ankles / base of tail / mid tail and a hinged jaw. All of the joints save for the hips have a great range of motion allowing for the very dynamic posing of this great new dinosaur. The hips have very shallow lateral movement but still allow for the legs to be posed somewhat out to the sides of the dinosaur's body for wider stances. 

The sculpt is beautiful. The dinosaur is covered with tiny little scales, folds, ridges and bumps. The deco is very well applied making this premium dinosaur one of the gems in an already incredibly well designed line. The paint apps are clean and neat.

I doubt that you could find a better articulated or painted dinosaur at this size for the $19.99 retail price. Definitely grab the Indoraptor (maybe even more than one) if you see it as I am sure that this will be one of the more popular items in the line.
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Mattel's "Jurassic World" Super Articulated Indoraptor Review.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 11:32:04 AM »
Boy I can see so much customizing potential in this one too. Can't you just see adding wings too! Nice review Dan.