Author Topic: Mos Eisley Cantina  (Read 9999 times)

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
  • "A comMAHND post for the EMpiah!"
    • Psyclone Design
Re: Mos Eisley Cantina
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2011, 09:44:41 AM »
Many IG-88s lost their lives to make this bar ;)

Actually, thanks to Doc, these are casts and maybe only one IG88 was sacrificed.  I will be posting some other items The Doc sent me (cantina tables) as soon as I settle on a color.

Spookymufu

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2011, 09:46:25 AM »
Many IG-88s lost their lives to make this bar ;)

Actually, thanks to Doc, these are casts and maybe only one IG88 was sacrificed.  I will be posting some other items The Doc sent me (cantina tables) as soon as I settle on a color.

thats really cool, I wish I had the money to make casts.....it's a great way to go

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »
And thankfully, the head didn't even have to be sacrificed - just borrowed.

Offline flaccideagle

• Commander
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2011, 11:33:23 AM »
This just looks better and better every update.  I can't wait to see what you're going to do next!

I have been dragging my feet for years about doing a cantina at this point.  I have all the figures, I just really need some tables, chairs, and IG-88 heads to make this happen.  Your posts keep my thirst for cantina goodness quenched.

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2011, 11:54:34 AM »
This just looks better and better every update.  I can't wait to see what you're going to do next!

I have been dragging my feet for years about doing a cantina at this point.  I have all the figures, I just really need some tables, chairs, and IG-88 heads to make this happen.  Your posts keep my thirst for cantina goodness quenched.

Thanks.  Talk to Doc about the tables and IG heads.  That's where I got mine.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2011, 09:58:08 PM »
Any more updates on this dio???

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2011, 10:23:08 PM »
I responded to your PM but I will repost what I sent to you here so others can see.

Funny you ask, I've been really busy the last several months so I hadn't been able to get to my projects but recently I have had some time and I've been making great progress with the Cantina in the last week .  I did a bit of a redesign but I think it will be completed in a week or so.

scott

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2011, 09:01:18 AM »
Good to hear you are still building. I can't wait to see what you have done to some of your builds in general.

Like that great new Tie you were working on.

Offline Psyclone

• Commander
    • Psyclone Design
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2011, 11:32:05 AM »
Good to hear you are still building. I can't wait to see what you have done to some of your builds in general.

I'll probably always be building it's just the pace that slows down because of a number of things.  I wish I had more time to dedicate to it but family responsibilities, money for supplies etc… get in the way.  I have a little bit of free time lately after all the summer related stuff is coming to an end so I hope to make some great leaps toward completing a few projects.

Like that great new Tie you were working on.

That is next on the list after the Cantina.  I really want to finish that by the end of the year.  I am waiting to get the parts I need for the wings which are a bit pricey.

As for the Cantina, I did a bit of a redesign so I actually have two versions of it now. They are very similar but I changed the layout of the rooms and walls slightly.  I did this because I wasn't satisfied with the roof/wall configuration I had and also I was able to pick up the materials (foam and spackle) for a pretty good price. I'll be posting some images soon (I hope). Now that I have two of these beasts I am thinking about putting the newer version up for sale or maybe on auction at ebay once it's finished and use that money to buy more materials to finish my other projects and free up some work space. I doubt I'll even come close to getting back what I've put into it but we'll see how it goes.

scott

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2011, 09:24:23 PM »
impressive,most impressive.doesn't get any better then that.great work!

Offline JediMindtrix

• Jedi Knight
  • Captain
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2011, 11:37:00 PM »
great job!put me down for one. ;D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:09:48 PM by JediMindtrix »