Imperial Surplus Sales > Imperialshipyards Charity Auctions

The Force Is Strong With Him!

<< < (3/54) > >>

ActionFigEmpire:
Hey guys,

TK-9849 of Action Figure Empire (http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/) here. First of all, I just want to say thank you! This is really amazing! Thanks to Elias for posting this here, and thanks to everyone who is rallying for Eli. He's a great little guy with a big heart and he shares our passion for Star Wars and Star Wars action figures! Reading through all the responses on this thread left me speechless. Really awesome to see!

I just heard from Eli's mom that his favorite character is Anakin Skywalker.

As far as dupes go:

A friend in the 501st recently donated a giant box of POTF2 figures and vehicles (I can try to give a more specific list, but lets just say it was nearly as big as he is and definitely an instant collection)

I've been including a figure or two in each shipment from AFE and so far have gotten Eli the latest Saga Legends Bossk and a TVC Sandtrooper (on shelves now)

As I'm sure you know troopers are a sure thing to get. You can never have enough troopers and they all look the same so getting duplicates of them are fine. Encouraged even.

Stay tuned here and on Action Figure Empire for more updates :)

If you have any questions or comments feel free to let me know.

Thanks again and

May the Force Be With You

Tamer:
Welcome TK-9849 you should be getting your first box from me in a day or so.

Thanks for keeping us informed of what he likes.

ActionFigEmpire:
No problem. Thanks Tamer! I look forward to it!

Seriously though folks, I want everyone who donates to donate only what they can afford, what they are willing to part with, and/or what they want to donate most. Remember this isn't a competition. Please don't go broke giving to charity. That kind of defeats the purpose ;)

With that said, I will not be posting the specifics of your donations nor photos. Eli's mom may choose to post them, but she does not give out names. You may post them on your own, but I don't want anyone to feel their donation is too small or inadequate. I'm sure this goes without saying. If you choose to donate, or support Eli, the AFE toy drive, or his causes then hooray! If not, don't sweat it. This won't be the last toy drive we do. 

Also, I know that custom Lego mini-figs and other custom Lego toys are also popular. Not sure if any of you make them, but I know Eli likes Star Wars Legos (there's a picture of him rocking a Star Wars Lego shirt) so feel free to make/include Legos too.

Tamer:
If I know the Yarders they are a pretty crafty lot, but will do so within their means.

And I do agree this shouldn't be about seeing who donates the most, but bringing some joy to a young lad who may or may not be able to continue his SW fun like we have.

DocOutlands:
Sounds like he'd fit right in around my place or here at the 'Yards either one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version