Author Topic: Clonehead's world  (Read 57374 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's world
« Reply #285 on: May 02, 2010, 04:06:46 PM »
I don't know, Volker. I would have to see him with a moustache.

Didn't fare as well this fishing weekend as the last. The intermittant rain was keeping them from biting.

Last time, we brought home 33. This time, we brought home only 12. The are nice sized ones though. I caught a 13 incher today, black crappie.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #286 on: May 02, 2010, 06:28:49 PM »
Any catch is a good catch!  The rain brought down today a bit, but then the sky cleared!
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #287 on: May 24, 2010, 10:13:16 AM »
Took a trip to Branson this weekend with the wife. Went from Thursday to sunday. The weather was great. We went to see the production of Noah the musical and checked out a biker rally that was set up down the hill from the Dick Clark American Bandstand theater.
Here is a couple of shots of the new king kong display that now graces the top of the wax museum.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2010, 12:29:14 PM »
My wife would have loved that musical. King Kong looks awesome!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #289 on: August 08, 2010, 01:19:20 PM »
Been a while since an update here so, here goes.

I got a job with the biggest rebar placement subcontractor in kc and have been very busy for the last two weeks.
Been working 6 days a week and got 13 hours overtime on last weeks check and will have 14 on this week's. The moneys pretty good and give it another week and I will be back on track. It's a shame that I will miss cV but I need the cash and will go with the flow for the time being.
  Been working on customs again, when time allots, and am working on two right now, one of which is to be a prize for our current contest.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #290 on: August 31, 2010, 03:37:17 PM »
The contest figure is done and almost entered. I finally got a break from working 5 10 hr days and one 8 for two weeks and took the girlfriend to Branson, last weekend. We had a good time and enjoyed the roller coasters.

heard last friday that I was going to get left home on monday and then layed off two days later so I hopped on to an opportunity to jump ship to another company that I had worked for last year and am now working 6 days a week again. Ugggh, well at least it keeps the wolf away.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #291 on: August 31, 2010, 03:43:27 PM »
Glad that worked out Clint. Wow, I bet you hate going through that kind of deal every so often. Glad you have work though.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #292 on: September 01, 2010, 05:44:30 AM »
Glad to hear things worked out in the end buddy.  Enjoy the time you have.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #293 on: February 02, 2011, 07:48:39 AM »
Been a long time since an update so here we go.

Worked a bit last week, three days,but am sitting at home this week. Work is slow and the weather is terrible.

Got dumped on with 1 ft of snow yesterday but dodged the bullet as a town just 30 min to the east got 21 inches.

here is a shot looking out of the storm door to the deck where you can see the drifted snow blocking passage.
Going to be shoveling snow later.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #294 on: February 02, 2011, 06:33:16 PM »
I saw the Midwest was getting dumped on. Glad you still have power. I got to shovel that fun white stuff last week this time. Take it easy, we can't have you out of comission. There's customs to finish.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #295 on: April 24, 2011, 05:30:48 PM »
Started a home improvement project today. I am putting laminate wood flooring in the entry way, hall way, and the living room.

the first step was to cut the carpeting in the hallway out, remove the tack strips there, remove the linoleum and it's underlayment from the entry way and then remove all of the trim. In one shot, you can see some of the transition floor trim pieces that I have fitted to the doorways going into the bedrooms.

We didnt get alot of it down today but getting started is usually the hard part.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #296 on: April 25, 2011, 07:26:43 PM »
got some more of  the flooring down tonight. This stuff is a pain but sure looks good. it will look nice when I get the wall and door trim back up.

got a call tonight to start another iron working job tomorrow so this project may slow down drastically.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #297 on: April 25, 2011, 07:27:37 PM »
two more shots. this door transition piece still has to be screwed down.

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #298 on: April 27, 2011, 07:04:01 AM »
Very cool Clint did that myself a few months ago its better than having  carpeting and alot easier to keep clean. Gives the whole thing a good feel!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #299 on: September 13, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »
Been a while since I posted here. for those of you that don't know, I got engaged and will tie the know next april. We are heading off to Branson again tomorrow night to spend 4 days.

Amongst all of my other projects that I am doing, I took the second step at an outside project that has been bugging me for some time now.
The concrete pad at the bottom of my deck stairs has been settling with the rest of the backfill around the house as you can see by the paint difference on the basement wall. Had the house builders pinned this pad to the basement wall with rebar, this would have never happened. Since my stairs sit on this pad, one side is sagging badly and will only get worse if I don't correct it.  I had borrowed a hot saw from one of my employers a month or so ago and with a diamond carbide blade had cut this pad into easy to manage sections for removal but couldnt quite reach the bottom of the pad so today, I broke out my handy macho hammer drill and traded back and forth two bits, one for drilling and one for chipping, and commenced to tear this pad into chunks for disposal. I did get most of it out but have to do some dissassembly to the bottom of the stairs to get the last part of it. Afterwards, I will jack the bottom of the stairs out of the way, grade and form the hole, drill some rebar into the basement walls, add some reinforcing steel, and then it will be time to pour the replacement pad.