Author Topic: "Customs I Wish I Owned" [12/05/11]  (Read 9530 times)

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: "Customs I Wish I Owned" [12/05/11]
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2011, 08:06:06 AM »
Somehow, I totally neglected to post this "updated" video of the work of SWK KUSTOMS (kr2700) that we featured on the blog.  Definitely give this artist a look at too.

SWK KUSTOMS (kr2700)
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/08/swk-kustoms-kr2700-video-updated-in.html
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:59:31 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: "Customs I Wish I Owned" [9/04/11]
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2011, 04:36:48 PM »
TK-9849 ADDED TO "CUSTOMS I WISH I OWNED"

TK-9849, the poster boy for Action Figure Empire, official mascot, and founding member, started collecting action figures as a young kid. He was turned on to the world of pop culture, sci-fi, and all things nerdy by his father who also worked for many companies including Lucasfilm, Marvel, DC, Jurassic Park, Warner Brothers, Visa, Exxon, Shell, Goosebumps, Ghostbusters, Hasbro, Mattel, and many other licensing companies, creating toys, sculptures, artwork, and holograms. Together they collected movies, comic books, and of course action figures. For TK-9849 collecting, especially toys and comics, has always been a joyful experience and one that brought him closer to his father. To be a collector is another way to be a serious and dedicated fan of a franchise, story, or toy line. Having studied art in College, TK-9849 started to apply his imagination, combined with his creativity, to his collection of Star Wars action figures (having spent thousands of dollars in amassing it), and thus creates kit-bash/part-swap custom creations. The fun is in the challenge of not painting anything, nor permanently altering anything. All items are removed and the figures are returned to their original states after photographing each custom creation. He has also been known to branch out into charity work for young collectors in need. He pioneered the Toys For Eli Toy Drive (with the help of Darth Daddy, Tamer, ISY, Rebelscum, Yakface, and many more) to bring hundreds of Star Wars toys to a young fan in a difficult situation. Nothing compares to the giddy rush that comes from scoring some new figures, opening them and posing them, photographing them and reviewing them on the Action Figure Empire Blog, and then using their pieces for future custom figure projects!"

To see the video and links to see more from TK-9849 of Action Figure Empire click here:

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/09/tk-9849-added-to-customs-i-wish-i-owned.html

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2011, 05:40:47 AM »
I added Stronox, and will get to the others. Tried to promote this and CFTK at our FB page too. Nice work Brian.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2011, 10:48:50 AM »
Thanks Tamer  :)

Here's another one for you.

stitchfett

stitchfett WIP

I came across the work of stitchfett while searching ebay to find cool custom action figure auctions to post to the blog's Facebook page. stitchfett had created a unique sculpt that I never saw before. Something stitchfett has labeled as the Microman series. The action figures have incredibly good articulation and an assortment of interchangeable hands.

stitchfett WIP

"Microman Jango" by stitchfett

Dad reached out to Yovitt Planadeball a.k.a stitchfett of Puerto Rico, and when stitchfett responded he also provided some really cool work in progress pics for you all to check out.

With 100% Positive feedback, you can't go wrong.

There is a time when a kid is supposed to grow up, mature and get rid of his toys... well stitchfett will surely tell you that he didn't quite do that and that's how he ended up the man he is today (lol). He still remembers using toilet paper dowels, card board & clear blisters to make ships, painting his figures with Testors paints, and playing with them under his bed. His advice to beginner customizers, the secret to success is practice. By failing you discover new techniques that no one else could teach you, but most importantly... it's about having fun!

TOO WATCH THE  "stitchfett" VIDEO CLICK BELOW:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/09/stitchfett-added-to-customs-i-wish-i.html

You can go to the ebay page of stitchfett by clicking the link below:

http://myworld.ebay.com/stitchfett/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:51:17 AM by darthdaddy »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: "Customs I Wish I Owned" [9/20/11]
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2011, 07:54:19 AM »
Microman customs, reminds me of Jango Bones' work.

I think I remember a Stitch Fett. Time to take this video to the fp.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2011, 08:07:36 AM »
Never got 'round to making Microman based customs. These look pretty sharp indeed. IIRC Phruby used Microman bodies and put a balloon bodysuit over them. Also, Gregorbian made some Microman customs way back in 2006.

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2011, 12:42:31 PM »
Weird. Never seen this before. Though if that company already has the articulation down. Hasbro is right behind them. Just think, Real clothed Action Figures in the future. It would be like a 3 3/4 SSC figures.

Offline lucasclones_strikes_back

• Clone Commander
  • Commander
  • THe skill and creativity of a 12 year old!
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2011, 02:38:23 PM »
Now thats how posable a clone trooper should be!

I maybe little but i make one shot and one kill... At a cool custom-one more thing ITSA TRAP!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2011, 02:54:05 PM »
Yep, I remember Stichfett's stuff from ebay. His microman RCs were pretty stunning.
  I seem to recall asking him to join us  sometime in the past.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2011, 05:59:02 AM »
Seen his stuff long time ago...it's good to see his work being brought to the forefront of consciousness again!

Always been interested in the Microman style and articulation and I've looked into the expense of purchasing a couple blank Microman bodies, but the cost is actually quite high (at least through eBay and such).  Hence, never headed in that direction and stuck with the typical 3 3/4 figs.

Thanks for adding this great customizer to your blog, DD!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 05:41:51 PM by JediMerc »

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline kreeper2

• Brigadier
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2011, 08:26:35 AM »
Iremember this a while back isnt he a member here? Or was? Any way these are some cool customs.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2011, 05:07:10 AM »
Not sure if he's a member here.  I reached out to him on ebay.  Definitely a cool artist and I received the most feedback on his work than from any video I've made to date.  Thanks for the cool responses.  I'll be featuring FlacidEagle any day now.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: "Customs I Wish I Owned" [9/27/11]
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2011, 04:30:20 AM »
Flaccideagle added to "Customs I Wish I Owned"

Flaccideagle is a thirtysomething from New Jersey, and has been collecting Star Wars since his high school days. He used to customize POTF2 figures for a while in the mid 1990's, and 1:6 Scale for a few years before finding ImperialShipyards.net site, and turning his attentions towards Star Wars vehicles and the occasional figure. All of his recent customs can be found on the Imperial Shipyards Forums.

We've been huge fans of his work ever since the first time we saw it, and we especially love the vibrancy of his color palette. A true master!!

Head to the link and check out the video:
http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/09/flaccideagle-added-to-customs-i-wish-i.html

Offline Stitch_Fett

• Ensign
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
Not sure if he's a member here.  I reached out to him on ebay.  Definitely a cool artist and I received the most feedback on his work than from any video I've made to date.  Thanks for the cool responses.  I'll be featuring FlacidEagle any day now.

Stitch_fett Reporting!!!, Clonehead & Tamer invited me a few years ago but since I'm a full time customizer/seller I have almost no time left to browse (that's also why I don't have a website), I think I wrote it in one of the few post I made but just to be clear; the microman customization is a big concept in Japan just like we do SW or Joe's, after a time I started selling them on eBay and still do to this day. That's where I met my apprentice... Jango bones!, I brought him here with the promise of quality works & awesome friends, as a good Sith he learned and folowing the sith code he struck me down and I left (lol).

I hold this site in a special place because of the quality of their member so please keep this place full of positive vibe, thanks for the post!!!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 12:06:03 PM by Stitch_Fett »

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
    • Customs for the Kid
Re: "Customs I Wish I Owned" [9/27/11]
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2011, 09:12:24 AM »
Nice to see Stitch_Fett here.  As most of you can tell, it has been a long time since we posted a "Customs I Wish I Owned".  The slowdown is due to many factors, but we want to ensure everyone that the feature is not going to disappear anytime soon.  Instead of this being a weekly feature on the blog, it will instead become a monthly feature.  My availability isn't what it used to be, but it's one of my favorite parts of our blog so I have no intention of having it be phased out.  Any customizers who are interested in being featured don't hesitate to ask.  We still get about 200 hits a day so if anyone wants the exposure don't hesitate to ask.

With that said, we just added Helix88 to our list of customizers as he is our newest addition for the month of December.  

You can check out the video at the link below:

http://customsforthekid.blogspot.com/2011/12/helix88-added-to-customs-i-wish-i-owned.html?m=1
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:24:39 AM by darthdaddy »