Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186768 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #1185 on: July 23, 2023, 06:20:44 PM »
A well inspired round of customs this go around. My favorite has to be the young Jedi. I could see her being an Order 66 survivor.

Thanks RC. That's what I was going for :)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1186 on: July 23, 2023, 06:22:32 PM »
Geesh, I didn't scroll down far enough to see the great new custom figures. Sorry Starchaser. They look awesome.

Off to share on the front pages.

No worries Tamer, and thanks!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1187 on: August 11, 2023, 09:54:57 PM »
Feedback time:
I always thought the Kithaba torso would fit an Endor rebel commando (or other Rebel trooper), so I put it together with the legs from a Saga Collection commando and we have a new trooper. But...I'm not sure about the head. Should he stay a Klatoonian? or become a different alien rebel? If so, any suggestions?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1188 on: August 12, 2023, 03:09:49 PM »
I think it's an excellent Kithba Kitbash. Hey you can call him Kitbashh. I like the bandanna gives him a Vietnam war Rambo look. The rebels were Guerillas. I like it. Id just give the shirt a spash of paint to differentiate from being kithba.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1189 on: August 12, 2023, 04:17:46 PM »
I think it's an excellent Kithba Kitbash. Hey you can call him Kitbashh. I like the bandanna gives him a Vietnam war Rambo look. The rebels were Guerillas. I like it. Id just give the shirt a spash of paint to differentiate from being kithba.

Cool, thanks for the feedback JDeck! How about Kithabasha?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1190 on: August 12, 2023, 05:57:13 PM »

Cool, thanks for the feedback JDeck! How about Kithabasha?
Right on! Klatooinians are always portrayed as the bad guys, why not have a Rebel. Maybe paint the bandana green, he's instantly a good guy.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #1191 on: August 13, 2023, 05:44:52 AM »
Some citadel nurn oil wash and he's good to go!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1192 on: August 13, 2023, 06:38:27 AM »
Looks good to me.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1193 on: August 21, 2023, 07:39:59 PM »
Taking JDeck's suggestion, I painted the head-band green:
Rathasa Dek - Rathasa always hated being indentured to the Hutts. He longed for the freedom of charting his own course in the galaxy. The impetus to finally break away occured when, in a fit of rage over a damaged tapestry, his master fed  his mother to a pair of hungry Nexu. He escaped his master on a transport ship and made for the stars. His frustration with slavery aligned him with the fledgling Rebellion and he fought with distinction throughout the Galactic conflict becoming a member of the Rebel Special Forces Tracker Unit prior to the Battle of Endor.

Ebey Avry Eziren - Eziren is a Bimm "galactic peddler" who travels from planet to planet selling his odd collection of wares. Always smiling and happy to "make a deal" he seems a jovial sort. Most take this at face value, but a few discerning individuals notice he never answers questions about where his goods come from ("Oh, you know, here and there."). Is there something darker or more dangerous going on underneath this friendly exterior?

Recipe: (pretty simple)
Head = Thuggee chief temple guard - Indiania Jones
Body = LOTR Balin

Another simple one (just a head swap):
Romel Gressy - a courier by trade, but really the courier role allows Romel to travel broadly and get into secure places gathering information for the Rebel alliance Intelligence arm.

Recipe:
Head = Maruader Gun-Runners "Ryan"
Body = Cassian Andor show figure

The photos have a slightly orange hue because of the forest fire smoke in our area filtering the sunlight :)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 12:06:17 AM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1194 on: August 22, 2023, 02:58:43 AM »
Very nice all three.

Those forest fires are awful. It has sure been a summer. I hope it doesn't effect your air quality too much.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1195 on: August 22, 2023, 05:05:33 AM »
I wasn't on the phone much recently, but I had the same idea as JDeck: the head-band looks better in green. Love the name and the way your Kithabasha looks now! Another cool addition to your custom army!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1196 on: August 22, 2023, 05:59:18 PM »
Very nice all three.

Those forest fires are awful. It has sure been a summer. I hope it doesn't effect your air quality too much.

Thanks, Tamer. Our air quality has been okay until this weekend, but it is supposed to rain (finally) tonight or tomorrow and that will help greatly.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1197 on: August 22, 2023, 06:00:10 PM »
I wasn't on the phone much recently, but I had the same idea as JDeck: the head-band looks better in green. Love the name and the way your Kithabasha looks now! Another cool addition to your custom army!

Thanks, Philipp! Are you on break still, or back at school?

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #1198 on: August 23, 2023, 02:29:45 AM »
I absolutely love the peddler guy the best. Hilarious custom but still looks great!
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1199 on: August 23, 2023, 02:32:20 AM »

Thanks, Philipp! Are you on break still, or back at school?

Any time, Jeff! I think now he fits in line with the other Rebel Commandos on Endor.
My brother and I went for 7 dives on 3 days in Marsa Alam. We returned from Egypt on Monday afternoon.
I'm with my family today. It's my 30th birthday today and I'm watching the first episode of AHSoKa with my brother. And so far I like this present by Disney. Thanks Dave!
I go back to school mid September. But before I travel through Colorado by train. I'm excited!
Fortunately I have some more days here for customizing Star Wars stuff! Wish you a good day, bud!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 02:35:22 AM by Darth More »