Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186764 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #1140 on: April 28, 2023, 06:44:02 PM »
Indeed they all look great, but I am partial to the Ithorian. Great job!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1141 on: April 29, 2023, 11:09:43 AM »
Bayrinne Mos’morindo is a 10/10 for me. Is she single?

Yes, Philipp, yes she is.   ;D

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1142 on: April 29, 2023, 11:11:37 AM »
I like SA-5 the best. Always like seeing the creativity people have with droids.

Thanks, RC. This one just made sense. Though I realize I should probably post a side picture so folks can see the eye better.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1143 on: April 29, 2023, 11:12:36 AM »
I had a drink or two too many last night, but I'll figure out how to become a 1/18 action figure somehow.
Great updates once again, Sir.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1144 on: April 29, 2023, 11:13:50 AM »
Indeed they all look great, but I am partial to the Ithorian. Great job!

Thanks JDeck! I like him too. I think I'm going with a green to cover up the off-white on his suit, but haven't figured that out yet.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1145 on: April 29, 2023, 11:15:55 AM »
I had a drink or two too many last night, but I'll figure out how to become a 1/18 action figure somehow.
Great updates once again, Sir.

No worries  ;) I'm very happy with how she turned out. Generally pleased with all of these. They were "fresh" ideas, but I've got a host of partially finished projects I need to get to. So it's back to work on the pile of parts.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 04:24:45 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1146 on: June 07, 2023, 07:01:13 PM »
Saw these at Fred Meyer (a Kroger department store and grocery in the Pacific Northwest):

and thought for $5.99, they provide a "fancy" dress option for some background characters (senators, night club patrons, etc.) - they're 5 POA for anyone interested. Here's a sample using a Rose head:

I may change the head before I'm done, but it provides easy "dressier" background characters. The heads are glued two-piece more brittle plastic, so carefully cut and separate, or crack and smash, depending on whether one wants to use the oversized head for something. There was Anna, Elsa, Merida, and Pocahontas - I don't know if there are more, that's all I saw - oh there were creature two-packs, so Jasmine and the Tiger (but I didn't pick one of those up). Just thought I'd share.

Also, here's a side view (so you can see the optical sensor) of "Sec":

« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 07:02:49 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1147 on: June 07, 2023, 07:11:33 PM »
Also for tonight:

Nireeva - A rare "frilled" Rodian, Nireeva left Rodia as soon as she could to avoid becoming some warlord or politician's trophy wife. Aspiring to act, she made her way to Coruscant hoping to find work in theater or holovid. It turned out she had an aptitude for dance and acrobatics, and found both training and family in an avant garde acting troupe that does both street theater and up-scale circus theater.

Recipe:
Head = POTF Greedo
Body = SpinMaster Harley Quinn
The "frill" is a piece of plastic card that has been scored and lightly covered with PVA (Elmer's) for texture.

Aln Trak - Neti. Aln is the lead museum curator for the Museum of Natural History on Coruscant.

Recipe:
Body = the new Epic series Groot
Clothing = belt from Luminara Unduli and tunic from the Shadows line Prince Xizor
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 07:28:47 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1148 on: June 08, 2023, 11:45:16 PM »
Good eye for the softgoods, Starchaser! Those FROZEN character figures were quite popular here in Germany and the movie(s)? even have many adult fans. Like Grogu they might have been overproduced during the hype. So it's a win for both sides to see some on clearance now to make some space on shelves for new items.

Like Nireeva's story. She made a smart decision and I'm looking forward to seeing how she does on Coruscant. Is she wearing a Harley Quinn costume?
Love the design for Sec, too!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1149 on: June 09, 2023, 12:13:39 PM »
Love the Rodian Gal. Man nice find on that Frozen stuff too.

Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1150 on: June 09, 2023, 05:35:41 PM »
Good eye for the softgoods, Starchaser! Those FROZEN character figures were quite popular here in Germany and the movie(s)? even have many adult fans. Like Grogu they might have been overproduced during the hype. So it's a win for both sides to see some on clearance now to make some space on shelves for new items.

Like Nireeva's story. She made a smart decision and I'm looking forward to seeing how she does on Coruscant. Is she wearing a Harley Quinn costume?
Love the design for Sec, too!

Thanks, Philipp. Cost saving is always a thing for me, so I couldn't really pass up the chance for background figures that don't look like scavengers :) And you're right, the base for Nireeva is a Harley Quinn figure (from SpinMaster) - made sense for a street performer.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1151 on: June 09, 2023, 05:37:34 PM »
Love the Rodian Gal. Man nice find on that Frozen stuff too.

Off to share.

Many thanks, Tamer.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1152 on: June 09, 2023, 06:44:51 PM »
Awesome figures! The Rodian is great I like the fin a lot better than the hair they put on females. Hair on a lizard amphibian thing doesn't make sense to me, but it's Star Wars. Anyway that droid looks really cool too. 

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1153 on: June 09, 2023, 11:16:45 PM »
Awesome figures! The Rodian is great I like the fin a lot better than the hair they put on females. Hair on a lizard amphibian thing doesn't make sense to me, but it's Star Wars. Anyway that droid looks really cool too.

Thanks JDeck! Something about Dimetrodons ran through my mind when I was thinking about a female Rodian. I agree with you, the hair on Greeata never seemed right. Anyway, this is what I came up with and I'm happy with it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 10:10:13 AM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1154 on: June 10, 2023, 11:27:39 PM »
Here's another figure (inspired by HighZone5's recent entry):

Jubro Blixx - A Snivvian spacer, Jubro is happy to go where the credits take him. He's not exactly unprincipled, he's just not particular. The same can be said for his "space jalopy."

Recipe:
Head = three pack Zutton
Body = Mythrol