Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186748 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #1125 on: January 11, 2023, 11:29:14 AM »
Wow, what a great update.

Man, I love that Moncal Guy. Nie work. All are great. I have been wondering what you have been up too.

Off to the top of the main page with you today!

Thanks Tamer! November- December are always the busiest time of the year for me, so I do a bit here and there when I can. So...after the first week of January, I can usually finish up things I've started at the end of October. Anyway, that accounts for the several figures rather than just one or two. I was happy with how these turned out, but Keel (the Mon Cal) was kind of a late-to-the-party idea. I had this Triggerfish sitting around (bought on clearance) and thought, "what figures need a larger neck? Its either Ackbar or Yak face." So I let it float around in my head for a while, and now we have a Mon Cal mercenary.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1126 on: January 11, 2023, 11:31:52 AM »
I always jump the gun and comment before you're done posting. I agree with DM, I like your garbage men. Grat paint apps on the Mon Cal. They're all great.

Thanks, JDeck. No worries, I often get interrupted with more critical things when I sit down to post (if I've got more than one or two), so getting ahead of me is not a surprise :) I really had fun with the garbage men and am kind of excited about building a scrap yard for them to deliver salvage to.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1127 on: January 12, 2023, 02:27:22 AM »
You did a great job repainting Keel Hurjhan as well! Those shades of blue look spot on! So spot on that I initially thought it was the rare 5 POA figure from 2016. Just an awesome set of new characters.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1128 on: January 12, 2023, 02:44:08 PM »
You did a great job repainting Keel Hurjhan as well! Those shades of blue look spot on! So spot on that I initially thought it was the rare 5 POA figure from 2016. Just an awesome set of new characters.

Thanks! I really liked the color scheme for Admiral Raddus, so I thought I would approximate it (with some modifications) for another all new figure, using the accessible Walmart exclusive Black Series 3.75" Admiral Ackbar head and forearms. Thanks for the compliments!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1129 on: February 25, 2023, 06:08:48 PM »
Here's a couple I did recently:
Leshee Shaloop – Nikto animal handler. A free Nikto, Leshee harbors a strong resentment against the Hutts and their low value on the life of other beings. He was raised in a primarily human colony where his family was protected from slavers seeking to “return” them to Hutt service. He demonstrated an early affinity for animals, so was mentored by the colony’s veterinarian. He is a firm trainer, but gentle with his animals and well respected for his knowledge of animal husbandry and veterinary medicine.

Recipe:
Head = TVC Klaatu (head dress removed)
Hat/Satchel= Maruauder
Vest = taken from the Jurassic Hammond Collection Muldoon
Hands = Tusken Raider (I don;t remember which one)
Body = Figrin D'an

and:
Ijian Larany – Gand artifacts dealer. A findsmen, Ijian earned his Janwuine status recovering ancient artifacts, which the Gand thought unworthy of a findsmen, until he saved the lives of each member of his Ruetsavii, defeated a violent band of competing treasure hunters and retrieved several artifacts from booby trapped locations. With his reputation earned, Ijian has settled into life as a dealer in antiquities.

This one is pretty transparent - a Kili body from "The Hobbit" and a Zuckuss head from the fodder box.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 10:02:08 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1130 on: February 27, 2023, 03:52:53 AM »
I like both. That Animal Herder is nice. You need a Nerf. He doesn't look too scruffy though.

That Zuckuss looks like the body was made for it.

off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1131 on: February 28, 2023, 01:51:22 PM »
Ha! I'll have to see about crafting a Nerf for him...on second thought...Nah - they're ornery.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 01:55:54 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
« Reply #1132 on: March 10, 2023, 01:46:05 PM »
Really liking these kit bashes! The Avatar creatures fit in well, nice work!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1133 on: April 24, 2023, 02:50:45 PM »
Really liking these kit bashes! The Avatar creatures fit in well, nice work!

Thanks, Lenny (sorry about the late response - I've been super busy and "out-of-the-loop" for several weeks.).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 09:33:09 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1134 on: April 27, 2023, 10:12:28 PM »
Its been a while since I've posted a new custom. I finally had some breathing space to work on a few.

First up is a new droid using the "Zero" figure from Star Trek: Prodigy. I weathered the droid a bit and added a photoreceptor using an old gasket and a couple parts from a pen. Story: Ferron Salmi assembled the droid from salvage using programming from an A.S.P. labor droid and a SA-5 protocol droid, and calls it "Sec" for "Second."

Before:

After:

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1135 on: April 27, 2023, 11:03:58 PM »
A few others:

Samber Babbedon – and unconventional Ithorian, rather than tend the gardens of his home-world, Samber became fascinated with “bio-forming.” A researcher with advanced degrees in several natural sciences, he likes to call himself an “experimental botanist.” Currently, he is busy at work with his scientific team on an uninhabited planet in the Outer Rim with a barely breathable atmosphere trying to replicate the environmental conditions for the Worxerite population to reproduce.

Recipe:
Head and hands = POTF Momaw Nadon (courtesy of JDeck)
Body = Buzz Lightyear Darby Steel (I may yet paint the suit so it doesn't look quite so "lightyear-y")

Bayrinne Mos’morindo – Balosar counter espionage agent for the New Republic (not an idiot like certain people). She banks on the poor stereotype of Balosars, She is very efficient and deadly when necessary, included in her successes is the uncovering of one Elia Kane (at least in my "head canon").

Recipe:
Head = Marvel Epic Hero Mantis
Body = Aayla Secura (ROTS)
Arms = Dr. Aphra

Pradi Bhashand - An independant mechanic. Pradi learned her trade from her mother and uncle on Corulag. She has since set out on her own and built a thriving hanger on Pamarthe.

Recipe:
Head = Dr. Aphra
Body = Rose Tico

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1136 on: April 28, 2023, 03:01:10 AM »
Wow its hard for me to pick a favorite. Maybe that Ithorian with the Buzz Lightyear. You sir have a great eye for which parts go together well. Man, that Mantis custom looks so much better to me than any AF I have ever seen of her too.

Off to the front of the front pages today!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1137 on: April 28, 2023, 09:59:34 AM »
Thanks, Tamer!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1138 on: April 28, 2023, 04:46:14 PM »
Bayrinne Mos’morindo is a 10/10 for me. Is she single?

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #1139 on: April 28, 2023, 05:40:41 PM »
I like SA-5 the best. Always like seeing the creativity people have with droids.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.