Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186714 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #1110 on: November 11, 2022, 01:49:29 PM »
Huh. Never hears of a Tusken bounty hunter before. That's a pretty cool concept.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1111 on: November 12, 2022, 12:49:19 AM »
Huh. Never hears of a Tusken bounty hunter before. That's a pretty cool concept.

Thanks, RC. I was just tossing around ideas and thought "what about a Tusken bounty hunter." Then I googled it and found one on Wookieepedia that was in the comics, so I just went with it.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #1112 on: November 12, 2022, 02:51:04 AM »

Thanks, RC. I was just tossing around ideas and thought "what about a Tusken bounty hunter." Then I googled it and found one on Wookieepedia that was in the comics, so I just went with it.

If you haven't, check out the Book of the Sith, Jedi Path Book, Imperial Handbook, and Bounty Hunter Code book. Lots of good info and plenty of stuff to draw inspiration from for customs.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1113 on: November 12, 2022, 02:54:13 PM »
Thanks for the additional sources.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1114 on: January 10, 2023, 05:25:25 PM »
I finally had some time to complete a few customs:

Caylendra Wyritu – “The Mirialans were known for their spirituality and strong connection with the world around them. They had a natural belief in and practiced a primitive understanding of the Force Because of this, members of the species on Mirial were taught to respect and listen to the Force.” (Wookieepedia). Caylendra, adapting to her species’ natural strengthens, became proficient at caving, foraging, climbing, and exploring various eco-systems. Being sociable, she quickly found leading adventure expeditions both profitable and enjoyable. She is highly sought after as a guide by wealthy adventurers.

Recipe:
Head and Coat = Sgt. Jyn Erso (Eadu)
Rest of the body = Walmart Black Series Jyn Erso
The leg pouch with the communicator (or whatever it is) is cut off the leg of the Solo movie Han Solo that comes with the speeder and glued on where the holster goes.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1115 on: January 10, 2023, 07:14:07 PM »
Great custom! I was surprised reading your description the jyn erso head, amazing what paint can do. The paint apps look very nice, with the face tattoos. Verrry good man. The poncho is a great sculpt. Im getting nostalgic for Forcelink 5poa lol.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1116 on: January 10, 2023, 07:28:31 PM »
Tibbs Ponzel - Due to his small stature, his Hutt master was happy to sell him off to a circus ringmaster. Tibbs wasn't cut out to be a performer. Instead, he had an excellent head for numbers and an aptitude for spotting a lie. The ringmaster had three options, bring Tibbs into the business side of things, continue using him as a performer (much to everyone's chagrin), or cut him loose. The ringmaster didn't want to lose out on his investment and he didn't want anyone looking over his financial shoulder, so he put Tibbs on the market. Velstigg Sarramsell was just just starting "The Pillar" - his private port - and was looking for sharp talent. He purchased Tibbs from the ringmaster, hired him as his freight controller and let him work/pay off the cost of his "purchase." Tibbs loves his work, saves Velstigg money, and is eternally grateful.

Recipe:
Head/Hands= Vizam
Body = Kuiil
Do-Rag = Marauder Gun-runners
Neckerchief = Vitruvian Armory (from Dime Store Legends figures)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 10:36:28 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1117 on: January 10, 2023, 07:37:30 PM »
Coggin Shean and Weelis Pook – Vulptereen garbage collectors who collect and supply salvage to a Theelin Ferron Salmi the proprietor of the salvage yard in Safa Thewel on Farsolax (a planet of my invention - more on Farsolax later). These two have been best friends since toddler-hood and were always taking things apart and getting in trouble. Fed up with the treament they received from teachers, and later, employers, they set out for the stars together to find their own way. After several failed job experiences, they were hired by a galactic garbage processing company to "manage" the small outpost in Safa Thewel - its really hard to get in trouble there. The friends are happy with their work, happy with their new life, and delighted that people basically leave them alone. For his part, Ferron is happy to let the pair fiddle with salvage from his yard, given that they supply him with sellable stuff.

with their rig (a Fisher-Price Adventure People Moon Rover):

Recipe:
Simple = Dud Bolt with the Legacy Ugnaught apron (one has a Boss Fight Wrench) and their racing helmets turned backwards.

I will paint the Rover and build a trailer for it later this spring.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 11:02:34 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1118 on: January 10, 2023, 08:34:27 PM »
Parsem Bok - A Dagoyan Master from Bardotta, while meditating on the Force, Parsem came to believe he could do more good for his people as a businessman, applying his sensitivity to the Force to his business dealings, rather than as a member of the council for his rather isolationist species. Parsem has become a significant financier within in the Colonies region of the galaxy and on the Outer Rim. He also likes to dabble at games of chance and, as a result, has struck up a friendship and genial rivalry with the professional gambler known as Teller.

Recipe:
Head = Mars Guo
Rest = Tion Medon
Medon's neck peg can be detached from the body without cutting and allows a place to attach a different neck if that becomes necessary.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 09:02:57 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1119 on: January 10, 2023, 08:48:53 PM »
And finally for tonight:

Keel Hurjhan – A third-generation warrior, Keel found the subtle prejudice of elite Mon Cals against the Quarren disturbing. He was also deeply frustrated that his superiors would not develop an off-world strike force to help defend Mon Cal and Quarren colonies. As a result, he opted to turn his back on the Mon Cala military and take to the stars. He began training with mercenary companies and eventually founded his own outfit, the “Free Companies of Dac.” As the Republic and its successor state, the Galactic Empire became increasingly human-centric, Hurjhan recruited and trained out-of-work or struggling off world Quarren and Mon Cal, with a strict equal respect policy. The Free Companies became the thing of childhood fantasies for many youth on Dac due to their daring raids on slave guilds and markets to free Mon Cal and Quarren. While many Mon Cal and some Quarren joined the rebellion, others sought out the Free Companies and Hurjhan became a folk hero back home as “Commander Keelkana.” Learning the hard lessons of the Clone Wars, Hurjhan never affiliated his Free Companies with the Rebellion or the New Republic, though he would work in tandem with them if asked. He is often seen the company of his "hound" which Keel has named "Krak," a creature of unknown species with reptilian, lupine, and feline characteristics.

and with his "hound":

Recipe:
Head and forearms = TVC Admiral Ackbar
Body = Fortnite Triggerfish
(I had to design a new neck post for the Ackbar head to fit without sticking up far too much.)
Hound = the new McFarlane 2.5" scale Thanator
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 02:26:11 AM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1120 on: January 10, 2023, 08:52:56 PM »
Great custom! I was surprised reading your description the jyn erso head, amazing what paint can do. The paint apps look very nice, with the face tattoos. Verrry good man. The poncho is a great sculpt. Im getting nostalgic for Forcelink 5poa lol.

Thanks JDeck! I was pretty happy she came together quickly, and used parts just sitting in my bin. I do like the poncho sculpt on this figure a lot as well. And...yeah, paint can really give us more flexibility with existing characters.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 09:05:01 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1121 on: January 11, 2023, 01:00:33 AM »
Wow, these are some fantastic additions to your alien collection! I find it very refreshing to see Tion Medon's costume in a different design.

Coggin Shean and Weelis Pook remind me of mining workers and could be right off the Andor show. Fantastic ideas here! The hound from the Avatar line fits well into the universe, too. Thanks for sharing!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1122 on: January 11, 2023, 02:16:35 AM »
Wow, these are some fantastic additions to your alien collection! I find it very refreshing to see Tion Medon's costume in a different design.

Coggin Shean and Weelis Pook remind me of mining workers and could be right off the Andor show. Fantastic ideas here! The hound from the Avatar line fits well into the universe, too. Thanks for sharing!

Many thanks, Philipp! Glad you "stopped by". It's been a couple months since I've posted anything truly new, so I'm glad to add some characters. Glad you enjoyed them, they were fun to design and build. Originally, I had thought of Cog and Weel as miners, but I've done a couple, so I switched them to garbage men/salvagers. I'll eventually do a diorama of Ferron's salvage yard for the guys to drop stuff off at.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 02:18:24 AM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1123 on: January 11, 2023, 04:04:04 AM »
Wow, what a great update.

Man, I love that Moncal Guy. Nie work. All are great. I have been wondering what you have been up too.

Off to the top of the main page with you today!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1124 on: January 11, 2023, 10:26:57 AM »
I always jump the gun and comment before you're done posting. I agree with DM, I like your garbage men. Grat paint apps on the Mon Cal. They're all great.