Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186680 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #1065 on: August 14, 2022, 11:48:13 PM »
Well, stay safe and thanks again for your service. And, yeah, I kind of figure the transition between the Empire and New Republic would leave the outer reaches of the galaxy a little "understaffed" for infrastructure, so more than slightly chaotic.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1066 on: August 24, 2022, 08:07:44 PM »
Reva, the wanderer:
After Obi-Wan's advice, Reva Sevander shed her Inquisitor garb and lightsabers. She traveled the fringes of the Outer Rim, constantly on the move.

Recipe:
Head = Reva/Third Sister
Torso = Corvus Ahsoka
Arms/Jacket = Boss Fight Zomie Survivor
Lower Torso/Legs = Fennic Shand
Cap = Marauders Japanese field cap with neck flap
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 08:15:02 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1067 on: August 24, 2022, 08:27:00 PM »
Just for you Tamer :)
Darrtosk: a "heretic" among Trandoshans, Darrtosk was never convinced that the "Scorekeeper" was worthy of worship. He was especially disturbed by the persistent hostility toward the generally noble Wookiees. Darrtosk became fascinated with Mandalorian warrior culture. As soon as he could, Darrtosk left Trandosha to find the Mandalorians and, if possible, join them. Upon reaching Mandalore and learning that many Mandalorians had sworn off the warrior way, he found his way to Concord Dawn, where he was accepted into the Protectors and became a scout for many of their off-world missions.

Recipe:
Helmet = Jango Fett helmet (TAC) with a biker scout "nose," green stuff and the Rose Tico communicator
Body = Jango Fett (TAC)
Trandoshan arms and legs = Mission series Bossk
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 08:58:21 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1068 on: August 25, 2022, 02:49:12 AM »
What a cool Mando. I love it! Man, that helmet is perfect. It almost looks removeable? that would be awesome.

I can definitely see the new Reva character too.

Off to share these on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1069 on: August 25, 2022, 10:24:47 AM »
What a cool Mando. I love it! Man, that helmet is perfect. It almost looks removeable? that would be awesome.

Glad you liked it! The helmet is not removable, but it is scaled to be. I didn't want to go to all the work of cleaning it out. Instead, I have the Bossk head I just need to prep to sit on the neck peg and I can do interchangeable heads. It was a bit challenging because it would have easy to make the helmet too small to actually fit a Trando head. It would look less clunky, but it wouldn't scale right. This one does. Someday, if I ever start 3d designing, I'll sharpen up the lines for a bit "cleaner" look. But...I'm pretty happy with it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1070 on: August 26, 2022, 04:27:03 AM »
Oh I agree. Its not too large and sits on the next great. I like your idea of having a separate Trando head; just as easy to swap out.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1071 on: August 28, 2022, 06:28:15 PM »
Thanks, Tamer. I wanted to get the scale close to correct...not too big (like some clone trooper helmets) and not too small so that it was a bit unrealistic. I realize that with The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett we have seen more variation, both in color and face shape (shorter snouts, in particular), but Bossk will always represent the "correct" proportions for me, I think.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #1072 on: August 28, 2022, 07:12:44 PM »
Fitting outfit for Reva post Obi-Wan series. I really wonder if more storytelling will revolve around her or not going forward.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1073 on: August 28, 2022, 07:44:10 PM »
Fitting outfit for Reva post Obi-Wan series. I really wonder if more storytelling will revolve around her or not going forward.

Thanks RC. I think there are a lot of possibilities for more storytelling. I could see a video game developed around her character - I think this could be really brilliant as a resource gathering game with combat, rather than a primarily combat based game - or a book or limited comic series. The truth is, though, I don't imagine we will see anything. I still believe in creative play for children, so I think not telling her story allows kids (and some of us kids in grown up bodies) to tell their own stories with an established character. 

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1074 on: September 02, 2022, 06:03:07 PM »
Here's a couple of straightforward (but a little fiddly) customs:
An Ithorian merchant (I haven't built a back story for him yet). I like this because it shows the basics for building a custom Mok Shaiz out of existing parts (though you might have to design a vocalizer) in case we never get one (oh...Scoundrel's Stock has a cast that works perfectly for the head also):

Recipe:
Head, hand and legs = POTJ Momaw Nadon (courtesy of JDeck)
Body = Meena Tils

And...SA Mudtroopers:

Recipe:
Heads = Han and Mudtrooper from the Target exclusive Solo Movie figure pack
Body = the "incorrect" Target exclusive Migs Mayfeld (Morak)
I guess this is a "Target Exclusive Custom"  :)
I had to clip the breathing tubes from the backpack of the 5POA figures and glue them on. I'm still debating the cloaks. I may use little magnets to attach the plastic ones from the 5POA figures, but I'm also thinking about trying to replicate the cloak with actual material. We'll see.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 06:07:55 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1075 on: September 03, 2022, 04:18:57 AM »
Nice, you got your bad guy Ithorian before the rest of us. Love the Mud Troopers too.

Guess we will see more of those guys in Andor from the recent press images Hasbro sent for the Black Series.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1076 on: September 03, 2022, 10:41:14 AM »
Thanks Tamer. I think I will build another one (I have the basic parts) and then modify it to be Mok Shaiz - vocalizer, green robes with gold shoulder pads and necklace - but that's not high on the priority list right now.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1077 on: September 04, 2022, 12:45:54 PM »
Awesome customs. I've been lurking but haven't been posting. Great Ithorian, can never have enough of them. The clint Eastwood mando is awesome, im not even a big mando guy. The use of the bird to make ahsokas owl worked great. I didn't bother with that set either, I got 2 in a case, plus clone wars version it just seemed like an excessive amount of ahsokas to have. Anyway great work, glad you put some of those fodder figures i traded with you to good work.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1078 on: September 04, 2022, 02:13:48 PM »
Thanks, JDeck! I'm working on plans for more uses. It was a great set of fodder :)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1079 on: September 04, 2022, 02:53:40 PM »
Haha that's some TARGET exclusive action, indeed! Love that Ithorian merchant! Thanks for the heads-up in case Hasbro will never make Mok Shaiz for TVC.
The Mud Troopers look super cool! I got high hopes that Hasbro will give us an Army-Builder 4-Pack of those.