Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186712 times)

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #1050 on: July 27, 2022, 10:15:15 AM »
it's always interesting to see non-humans in Imperial service, given the take the Empire has on non-humans. Good work! Gives me hope that the Riva body can be used to make a Second Sister (Trilla Suduri). I might have to work on that in the future...   DH
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1051 on: July 27, 2022, 11:40:46 AM »
That's a really nice use of the Reva body! Reva is a figure that doesn't appeal to me in the slightest way. But your custom Twelfth Sister is proof that it well serves for exciting custom variations! If I find her cheap somewhere, I might pull the trigger and make a KotOR custom with it. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks DM - I don't know if Reva will "peg warm" or not (I didn't mind the character that much and actually really enjoyed Obi-Wan as a show - in spite of what a "a lot of people" apparently think - I always watch Star Wars through the lens of a 12 year old boy from the 1970's  :) ), but there is great customizing potential here. Its a taller female body with armor that's not Mandalorian - what's not to like for female pirates, bounty hunters, mercenaries, Republic commandos, etc.?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 07:37:33 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1052 on: July 27, 2022, 11:42:01 AM »
I agree, that Reva body is gonna make for some nice Sith Gal customs.

I wonder what type of custom you could make for Darth Talon based on this body.

This is definitely going on the front pages today.

Thanks Tamer! Hmmm...an alternative Darth Talon, I'll have to think about that.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1053 on: July 27, 2022, 11:46:05 AM »
it's always interesting to see non-humans in Imperial service, given the take the Empire has on non-humans. Good work! Gives me hope that the Riva body can be used to make a Second Sister (Trilla Suduri). I might have to work on that in the future...   DH

Thanks RC - I've always been of the opinion that Imperial prejudices and policies weren't an important thing for Vader, so he doesn't necessarily share the anti-everything-but-human prejudices of the Empire. Anyway, Second Sister, in the games, doesn't appear to have the armored breastplate of Reva...but that basic body would probably work pretty well. It would certainly be worth a shot.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1054 on: August 07, 2022, 07:48:18 PM »
A few characters to add:
Raphi Galina - A Twi'lek doctor and healer. Raphi blends conventional medicine with traditional healer's remedies to great effect. She is a widely respected healer on the planet Chandrila.

Recipe:
Head = custom cast (I think from StarWarsGeek/jokebofe)
Body = Mattel Jurassic World Dominion Soyona Santos

Neenan Zagros - a human Padawan, called by her friends "Nee." She survived Order 66 when her master pushed her into a sewer during the conquest of Mygeeto. Wandering aimlessly in shock from seeing her beloved master gunned down by their own clones, Nee was found by Sumorn Jagga and brought to "Sanctuary" - Sumorn's home for masterless padawans.

Recipe:
Head = Leia, Boussh disguise TVC
Body = TVC padawan Anakin

Bern Frendice - a swoop racer. He often competes against "Ripper" Soeing as one of the galaxy's top swoop "aces."

Recipe:
Head = Zorii Bliss
Body = Roblox Imagination Collection "The Usagi"

« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 08:19:05 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1055 on: August 07, 2022, 07:55:06 PM »
I missed out on the Deluxe Walmart Ahsoka and Grogru pack, and I won't pay the exorbitant after market prices. As a result I decided to see if I could find or build a realistic style Morai. After looking about for a while, I found these Safari Ltd. Good Luck Minis (the barn owl). They looked about the right scale, so I ordered a couple (for $1.00 each) to see what I could do. A little paint and a Green stuff tail and I have a reasonable facsimile - at least one I'm happy with. These toys are made out of a rubber or very rubbery plastic, but the 'ole Dremel was still able to carve out a spot for sitting on Ahsoka's arm:

So, if you missed out on the set and want a Morai, or want to make another convor - this is an inexpensive way to do it!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1056 on: August 07, 2022, 08:10:19 PM »
And finally:

Evett Lorr - younger brother to Gadra Lorr (seen on page 54 of this thread). He makes his living as a lawman on the backwater planet of Sevarcos in the Outer Rim. Because of the spice in the atmosphere of Sevarcos, Evett uses "cycler" weapons rather than blasters. He keeps very busy at the tasks of protecting the communities of former slaves that have been established with the elimination of slavery and driving off criminals seeking to mine spice or take advantage of the difficult circumstances. He shares his sister’s attitude about Mandalorian culture and is as likely to shoot another Mandalorian as talk with them.

Recipe:
Base figure = TVC Death Watch Mandalorian (Two Stripes)
Bandolier = fodder box (I think Ragin' Spoon)
Gunbelt and knife = Dime Store Legends
Rifle = TVC Tusken Raider
Poncho = TPM Tatooine Accessory Set

I was totally thinking a Clint Eastwood feel for this guy and I'm pretty happy with him.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #1057 on: August 08, 2022, 10:34:01 PM »
Very cool updates!  ()rr
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1058 on: August 08, 2022, 10:37:38 PM »
Very cool updates!  ()rr

Thanks RC! Nice of you to "stop by."  :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1059 on: August 09, 2022, 03:01:39 AM »
Man, what a great idea with the owl. Looks great to me.

I like the Twilek Doc too. Nice color contrast there.

I love the mix on your Mando too. He has an old Spaghetti western vibe with the cloak on.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1060 on: August 09, 2022, 11:30:20 AM »
Man, what a great idea with the owl. Looks great to me.

I like the Twilek Doc too. Nice color contrast there.

I love the mix on your Mando too. He has an old Spaghetti western vibe with the cloak on.

Off to share on the front pages.

Thanks Tamer! Been watching Tate and The Rifleman and 26 Men...so the spaghetti Western homage was kind of running around my brain.  :)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1061 on: August 12, 2022, 11:42:28 PM »
PS-  for those who don't know "26 Men" is about the Arizona Rangers, modeled on the Texas Rangers, and the first formal law enforcement body in the State of Arizona. Founded in 1901 in their short history (only eight years) they were usually only 26 men strong. Just thought I would share ;D

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #1062 on: August 13, 2022, 01:05:40 AM »
PS-  for those who don't know "26 Men" is about the Arizona Rangers, modeled on the Texas Rangers, and the first formal law enforcement body in the State of Arizona. Founded in 1901 in their short history (only eight years) they were usually only 26 men strong. Just thought I would share ;D

Pretty cool backstory. LOL. That's more people than my current PD. We are 24 strong.  ;D DH

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1063 on: August 13, 2022, 03:54:28 PM »

Pretty cool backstory. LOL. That's more people than my current PD. We are 24 strong.  ;D DH

RC - Are you an officer? If so, thanks for your service. My town has a police force of 37. I just thought it was interesting that they limited the Rangers to 26 for the whole state of Arizona.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #1064 on: August 14, 2022, 04:56:41 AM »

RC - Are you an officer? If so, thanks for your service. My town has a police force of 37. I just thought it was interesting that they limited the Rangers to 26 for the whole state of Arizona.

Yessir. Unfortunately that's why I haven't been active on the forums lately. Duty often calls. I do post when I can! I can't imagine having so few men for a whole state tho. I know generally, most troopers here are usually two per county. And sometimes they'll have support from local PD or SO to help out. But sometimes that's also not the case.

I guess this problem is also felt in the New Republic era based on what we've seen in the sequel trilogy and The Mandalorian.

The mid and outer rim kinda became lawless like in the days of the Clone Wars.  ()rr
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 04:58:13 AM by RC-1136 »