Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186752 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #1035 on: June 10, 2022, 01:23:59 AM »
I like that you bring so much color to the universe, Starchaser!
Yeah, that VC41 Clone Trooper is too tall for my taste, unlike the latest ARC Trooper mold, which I absolutely love. I don't buy Clones based on that tall body and sell all that I got with lots.
Let's keep our fingers crossed for a definitive Clone Trooper for the 3.75" line with rocker ankles and all the other good stuff...

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1036 on: June 11, 2022, 10:55:30 AM »
Am I wrong in wanting Boss Fight to get the Star Wars license? Man, the colors are just popping on these figures. So awesome.

Not wrong! I'd love it even if Hasbro just gave them the freedom to make "generic" figures, based on role and/or species - a generic Cathar or Bothan, for example, and a generic Jedi or pilot, again, for example. Given their system and mini kits, you could build all kinds of variety. Hasbro could even keep the mainline with all the core heroes and villains.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1037 on: June 11, 2022, 11:02:46 AM »
Yeah, that VC41 Clone Trooper is too tall for my taste, unlike the latest ARC Trooper mold, which I absolutely love. I don't buy Clones based on that tall body and sell all that I got with lots.
Let's keep our fingers crossed for a definitive Clone Trooper for the 3.75" line with rocker ankles and all the other good stuff...

Thanks, Philipp! As a kid, I was never interested in "recreating" scenes from the movies, Star Wars was a world for creative play. So, 3 3/4 G.I. Joes became rebel soldiers and Cobra became a mercenary organization. The result of this is that I have always wanted to "expand" the world and anything I feel like "fits" gets incorporated. So...it totally makes sense to me that in some Outer Rim system there would a system despot called Ming and freedom fighter who happened to be named Flash Gordon. Not everything has to be galaxy wide, nor does it all have to be dirty, gritty and grungy - let's have some color.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #1038 on: June 11, 2022, 02:32:11 PM »

The most off putting thing about them is the boots/feet. They look like clown shoes. I've swapped them out for older clone ones... and it seems to look much better.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1039 on: June 11, 2022, 10:55:24 PM »
I wouldn't have called them clown shoes, but now I can't unsee that. Maybe I should paint a pair yellow? Seriously the feet do seem disproportionately large. But since I put them outside, the dirt often covers them.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #1040 on: June 12, 2022, 03:35:10 AM »
I wouldn't have called them clown shoes, but now I can't unsee that. Maybe I should paint a pair yellow? Seriously the feet do seem disproportionately large. But since I put them outside, the dirt often covers them.

They are kinda wonky. I'll do a comparison picture sometime.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1041 on: June 20, 2022, 01:38:33 PM »
The last two members of Vaari's pirate command crew:

C.A.M.I. - (Communications Augmented for Military Intervention) is what the crew calls their droid Communications Officer. An effective translator and protocol droid, C.A.M.I. has been reassembled and modified with parts and programming from a Super Battle Droid and an experimental droid so that she is an able combatant and an excellent slicer as well. She is truly one of a kind.

Recipe:
Head and upper torso = Super7 ReAction Maria (from Metropolis)
Arms and lower torso = Super Battle Droid
Legs = one of the Grievous variations

Sarm Nid’Nessar – Sakiyan Chief Gunner. It’s said Sarm was responsible for the training of one Sidon Ithano and is one of few pirates that Ithano looks up to and possibly even fears. He’s a fierce pirate in hand-to-hand combat, taking full advantage of his species’ unique physiology. Unflappable as he commands the gun decks, he is a source of morale in challenging combat situations and is highly respected by his subordinates. 

Recipe:
Head and Hands = Djas Puhr (Saga)
Body = Comic 2-pack Baron Soontir Fel (pilot version) - courtesy of JDeck

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1042 on: June 20, 2022, 01:40:42 PM »
With the crew done, I now need to design and build the bridge of their ship...hopefully that will be completed this summer.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1043 on: June 22, 2022, 05:46:55 AM »
That CAMI is something. Wow, she could tear you up! Love the creation there.

Sarm is nice too.

Off to share on the front pages!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1044 on: June 22, 2022, 10:34:01 AM »
That CAMI is something. Wow, she could tear you up! Love the creation there.

Sarm is nice too.

Off to share on the front pages!

Thanks Tamer - It took a while to figure out a droid with feminine attributes that also worked as a "pirate" droid. Just giving her guns didn't work for me. Making her human looking, like Guri from Shadows of the Empire, wasn't what I was going for. In the end I thought, "What about a C-3PO like droid that's been modified?". I came up with that idea that for a protocol droid, on a screen she would look unintimidating, but live she would make beings think twice about...well, anything.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 01:34:50 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #1045 on: June 28, 2022, 06:53:11 PM »
Man, CAMI is both wonderful and terrifying.  I could see her stalking around some John Carpenter sci-fi epic offing the crew.  She's a very cool build.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1046 on: June 29, 2022, 08:42:16 PM »
Man, CAMI is both wonderful and terrifying.  I could see her stalking around some John Carpenter sci-fi epic offing the crew.  She's a very cool build.

Thanks so much M...I appreciate it 😀

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1047 on: July 25, 2022, 09:03:31 PM »
Vacation is coming, so I might get to finish up some projects (finally). I did, however, find the time to do a quick custom, basically just a head swap:

Known simply as Twelfth Sister, this Aqualish was a brand new Padawan when Order 66 was executed, she hadn't yet been transported to where her new Master was stationed. So when the Jedi Temple was attacked, she was isolated and alone. This provided an opportunity for a covert squad under Sidious' direct control to capture her for the Inquisitorius Project. As  an Aqualish, she already was prone to anger and belligerent physical responses, so she was easily "converted" to the cause.

Recipe:
Head = Aqualish head from Scoundrel's Stock
Body = Reva (Third Sister)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 10:08:36 AM by Starchaser »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1048 on: July 26, 2022, 02:59:51 AM »
That's a really nice use of the Reva body! Reva is a figure that doesn't appeal to me in the slightest way. But your custom Twelfth Sister is proof that it well serves for exciting custom variations! If I find her cheap somewhere, I might pull the trigger and make a KotOR custom with it. Thanks for sharing!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1049 on: July 26, 2022, 03:59:38 AM »
I agree, that Reva body is gonna make for some nice Sith Gal customs.

I wonder what type of custom you could make for Darth Talon based on this body.

This is definitely going on the front pages today.