Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186772 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #1020 on: May 25, 2022, 03:10:52 AM »
That cage works perfect for those hounds.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1021 on: May 25, 2022, 03:47:10 PM »
That cage works perfect for those hounds.

I was pretty happy that both hounds fit into one cage. Now that's just where they'll be getting stored :)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #1022 on: May 26, 2022, 08:07:17 AM »
Those are fun additions to your collection! It's great to see which variety of cool stuff MATTEL provides us with. I wonder if the Hammond Collection will be available here in Germany and the rest of Europe...

If a Wampa or TaunTaun don't fit into that cage - let's build our own!  0//

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1023 on: May 26, 2022, 06:45:28 PM »
Those are fun additions to your collection! It's great to see which variety of cool stuff MATTEL provides us with. I wonder if the Hammond Collection will be available here in Germany and the rest of Europe...

If a Wampa or TaunTaun don't fit into that cage - let's build our own!  0//

Hi Philipp. Thanks for commenting, its been awhile. I don't know about the Hammond collection for you all in Europe. That collection is "iffy" even here. The other movie related stuff seems easier to find. And...there's quite a lot of it. I'm glad I'm not into collecting all the dinosaurs - that would be really expensive. The giant Brachiosaurus they had a couple years ago was awesome but too much for me to spend and nowhere to put it. But a few dinosaurs here and there fit into Star Wars and some of the figures and equipment work well, too.

Yeah, I if I decide I want to cage a bigger creature, I guess I'm going to have to build one. But that's not on the trajectory right now. So I may let someone else tackle that.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1024 on: May 26, 2022, 07:39:15 PM »
Theres an easy way to make a large cage. Amazon has these collapsible organizers, they come in different sizes. One is 9x6x4" so if you stack them top to top you'll have a cage 9×6×8" they make smaller dimensions. Just spray paint it black grey whatever, because they come in pink, and a pink wampa cage would be weird, but the design being collapsible, has a cool industrial look. 

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1025 on: May 26, 2022, 10:00:37 PM »
I think I might dig a pink Wampa cage ;) Maybe my zoo keeper should be a Zeltron :) Who made the rule that everything needs to be gray and black, right? No really, thanks for the idea. I'll check it out.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1026 on: May 27, 2022, 03:12:01 AM »
JDeck, if you get a chance could you message me a link to those containers? I think folks would be interested in those.

Sorry to jack your thread a bit Starchaser, but you can see you have folks thinking along custom lines with your recent updates!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1027 on: May 28, 2022, 01:13:26 PM »
JDeck, if you get a chance could you message me a link to those containers? I think folks would be interested in those.

Sorry to jack your thread a bit Starchaser, but you can see you have folks thinking along custom lines with your recent updates!

Totally happy to have you "jack my thread" - you're the boss :) If the link helps folks out, I'm happy to provide a place for that.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1028 on: May 30, 2022, 11:41:28 PM »
Here's a quick one for tonight and a pretty easy headswap - just a Ten Numb head and Kuiil body. The only challenge is the neck peg that's in Kuiil's head - I used a Boss Fight neck peg and hot glue (you could paint him a little - lighter tan and blue - to make him blend in more, but I'm happy as is):

Lo’laan Rise – Once executive director of strategic initiatives within SoroSuub. When the company aligned with the Empire, he defected to the Alliance. He brought exceptional organizational skills, technological knowledge, and strategic thinking to the Rebels, and quickly found himself a respected leading officer in the Alliance Command.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 11:44:24 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1029 on: May 31, 2022, 02:57:01 AM »
Looks nice to me.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1030 on: May 31, 2022, 01:50:34 PM »
Looks nice to me.

Off to share on the front pages.

Thanks, Tamer! I want to get some mileage out of that Kuiil figure that's hanging around :) Its a good design.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1031 on: June 01, 2022, 03:03:58 AM »
I agree. I could see you making a cool Ugnaught with that body too.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1032 on: June 02, 2022, 10:00:34 PM »
I agree. I could see you making a cool Ugnaught with that body too.

I dunno...I think its already a cool Ugnaught ;D Seriously, now I'll have to see if I can figure out a character to do.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1033 on: June 07, 2022, 04:15:43 PM »
I'm slammed with end of quarter grading, but these showed up today (along with Fennec Shand), so I thought I'd share:

Boss Fight Flash:

and Ming with his dreaded Dark Guard ('cuz we all know that Ming was using Darth Sidious as a puppet, just like Sidious was using Snoke - he had carefully planned to use the fearsome Darth Vader to finally defeat his nemesis, Flash Gordon):

The Purge Troopers are really included for scale - as with all Boss Fight figures, these are true 4 inch figures, slightly taller than the "average" Hasbro figure.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1034 on: June 08, 2022, 05:13:26 AM »
Am I wrong in wanting Boss Fight to get the Star Wars license? Man, the colors are just popping on these figures. So awesome.