Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186748 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #1005 on: May 20, 2022, 08:56:23 PM »
Great looking custom figure! The parts look good together, and good use of ody mandrel.

I was just looking at that jurassic park set. I just wanted the crate. Lol me and my crates right? It would work great as a crate or some kind of equipment. The figure is pretty decent. Like you said I wouldn't have much need for the dino. 

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1006 on: May 20, 2022, 11:37:54 PM »
Great looking custom figure! The parts look good together, and good use of ody mandrel.

I was just looking at that jurassic park set. I just wanted the crate. Lol me and my crates right? It would work great as a crate or some kind of equipment. The figure is pretty decent. Like you said I wouldn't have much need for the dino.

Thanks! I am happy with "Zip." I thought doing a female version of Ody might work for a pilot of some kind (plus use a spare figure I already had). Yeah...you and crates:) Actually I really like all your crates. The set isn't worth it for the crate, but the crate and figure? I thought so - for what its worth.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 11:41:23 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #1007 on: May 22, 2022, 04:55:50 AM »
Two nice updates in here!

Really like the new customs.

That cage rocks too. I could see a Star Wars Beasty in there. Wonder how a Wampa would fit in it?

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1008 on: May 22, 2022, 08:07:08 PM »
Two nice updates in here!

Really like the new customs.

That cage rocks too. I could see a Star Wars Beasty in there. Wonder how a Wampa would fit in it?

Thanks, Tamer! The cage is too narrow (and short) for the Wampa. I think its too narrow for a Nexu also - which I'm a bit bummed about. The Correlian hound and a Massif would fit in there just fine (even two of them). Also, humanoids will fit - at least some of them - so I think it could function as a prison/slave container.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1009 on: May 23, 2022, 03:01:37 AM »
Those are some great ideas for what to put in it.

It would be awesome if they made a slightly bigger one than this too!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1010 on: May 23, 2022, 06:22:41 PM »
Those are some great ideas for what to put in it.

It would be awesome if they made a slightly bigger one than this too!

I agree, I would love to be able to put a Wampa or a Reek into a larger dinosaur scale transport cage - but I'm also not sure I'd want to pay the price, even if they do one. I've attached a couple of pictures of the cage and figure with Lando inside to show what that looks like:

Also, I've figured out that the less than crisp images must be happening somewhere in the upload from my computer (much crisper images) and imgur.com. That's not a problem I'm going to try and solve, so sorry things aren't as clear I as wish they were.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1011 on: May 23, 2022, 06:24:17 PM »
I've uploaded a new image of Zip because the lighting and background are a little better to see her clearly.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1012 on: May 23, 2022, 06:34:45 PM »
And new for today:

Sefineth Kinawen – Bolbian (this is an original species with me) Sava specializing in ancient languages and philosophy. He is very quiet about his true specialty, the history of thought regarding the Force, not wanting to draw attention or run afoul of the Empire. His colleague, Cato Lampros, knows about this passion, but to the rest of the galaxy Sefineth is a well regarded expert on galactic philosophy.

This is a simple head swap with the original Cato figure (Marvel comic Groot, Ree Yees, Mustafar Sentry) with the head from a Fisher-Price Imaginext Finster figure (from the original Power Rangers).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 07:56:52 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1013 on: May 24, 2022, 03:03:05 AM »
Hey great new Alien Custom. I like the species.

You are correct in that a bigger cage pack might be too much to stomach the purchase.

Hate to think imgur is not letting the full resolution in, but it sounds right. Hopefully they don't go that crazy route that photobucket did awhile back.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #1014 on: May 24, 2022, 06:15:50 AM »
I like him. The finster head is pretty awesome. I saw super7 just released him and his buddy for the reaction line.  Great backstory it matches his look.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1015 on: May 24, 2022, 12:07:40 PM »
Hey great new Alien Custom. I like the species.

You are correct in that a bigger cage pack might be too much to stomach the purchase.

Hate to think imgur is not letting the full resolution in, but it sounds right. Hopefully they don't go that crazy route that photobucket did awhile back.

Thanks Tamer. I hope imgur doesn't go that route either, but who knows? If they do, another solution will likely present itself.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1016 on: May 24, 2022, 12:13:49 PM »
I like him. The finster head is pretty awesome. I saw super7 just released him and his buddy for the reaction line.  Great backstory it matches his look.

Thanks, JDeck! I'm really quite happy with how it worked out. There might be a couple of other heads I use as well - though I don't want to pay ReAction prices, so I'll stick to Fisher-Price  :)  I've never been a fan of the Power Rangers thing, and most of the monsters are beyond goofy. There are a couple, though, that sort of work for Star Wars. I picked up the Imaginext Baboo figure for the same reason. Other than that...nope.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1017 on: May 24, 2022, 03:12:37 PM »
A little more fun with the Jurassic Park cage for today. I just got the new (ish) Hiya Predator Hounds in the mail today, so here you all are :)

Both inside the cage:

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #1018 on: May 25, 2022, 12:25:06 AM »
Loving the aliens mate and that cage is awesome and is perfect for the hounds.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1019 on: May 25, 2022, 01:45:58 AM »
Loving the aliens mate and that cage is awesome and is perfect for the hounds.

Ron

Thanks Ron. Gotta work through all the fodder :) I'm pretty happy with cage (and the hounds).