Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186766 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #990 on: May 02, 2022, 02:59:32 AM »
These are great. Man, what cool background characters. I like them all.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #991 on: May 02, 2022, 10:59:36 PM »
These are great. Man, what cool background characters. I like them all.

Off to the front pages.

Thanks Tamer. Figured I'd need background characters if ever I do any dioramas. Plus, I've got parts so why not see what I can build right?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #992 on: May 03, 2022, 02:57:02 AM »
That is exactly correct. If you have the material may as well use it!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #993 on: May 07, 2022, 06:16:33 AM »
Excellent work as always.
The backstories of your characters are always interesting and creative.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #994 on: May 07, 2022, 08:17:00 AM »
Another fun set.  I like the mythos you are creating a lot.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #995 on: May 07, 2022, 05:21:12 PM »
Excellent work as always.
The backstories of your characters are always interesting and creative.

Thanks! I have a lot of fun with the stories and have a hard time building a figure without giving it some kind of story. Everyone has a story, right?

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #996 on: May 07, 2022, 05:22:57 PM »
Another fun set.  I like the mythos you are creating a lot.

Thanks! My joy as a kid with Star Wars was playing out my own stories, and that has carried over. If I had the time, I would probably write fanfic within the Universe. I'd like to think that my imagination has matured since I was 10 :)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #997 on: May 14, 2022, 02:36:58 PM »
Skrii Chet’ttc – Jenet aide. Tellery and Letarius rescued the Jenet, Skrii, from a beat down by a gang of unruly youth. Badly wounded, Tellery made the decision to nurse the Jenet back to health. When Skrii was healthy enough to return to his warren, he found they had moved on without him. In despair, he found Tellery and begged not to be left alone. Tellery knew about the eidetic memory of Jenet and saw a mutually beneficial opportunity. He took Skrii in as an aide but required that he learn to behave and groom himself in a way that would not offend the clients of the high-class establishments where Tellery made his living. This has proven to be a most beneficial partnership.

Recipe:
Head = Boss Fight mini-kit rat
Body = animated Rocket Raccoon of some kind
Jacket = Tobias Beckett

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #998 on: May 14, 2022, 02:40:37 PM »
I wasn't totally happy with Cato (previous page of this thread), so I decided to put him on a Kuiil body:

Recipe is a simple head swap (though I gave the head some new paint). Much happier with this version, the body will await a new head.

And...

Mizcka Onarric – a Lynna bounty hunter. While he’s a member of the Guild, the truth is Mizcka loves the hunt, not the capture. He can track with the “best of them” but will, if the quarry is particularly challenging, sometimes let his target escape just to enjoy the hunt again. His tastes are simple, “Good meat and a warm place to nap” so money is not a primary motivator for Mizcka. It also explains why he finds Nevarro a hospitable environment. He shares a genuine friendship with Aeved Da’allin and the two can often be seen together when not on hunts.

Recipe:
Head = cast of the Kelsey Grammer Beast
Armor = CW Embo
Torso and arms = Saga Imperial Gunner
Legs = Vizam
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 03:16:09 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #999 on: May 14, 2022, 06:42:32 PM »
Awesome, yeah the kuill body looks alot better. I like Skrii too, the body works great and I like his red eyes. Im half watching an old Vincent Price movie, they had these rats with red eyes eating this guy, but anyway looks awesome.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #1000 on: May 15, 2022, 05:53:20 AM »
Very nice on all three. I really like your aide though as I am reading some sci fi right now with an alien race very similar to what you have created.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1001 on: May 15, 2022, 10:28:27 PM »
Awesome, yeah the kuill body looks alot better. I like Skrii too, the body works great and I like his red eyes. Im half watching an old Vincent Price movie, they had these rats with red eyes eating this guy, but anyway looks awesome.

Thanks. Its amazing to me how some combinations just really work, while others are fine, but me'h.

Vincent Price did some really interesting stuff - he would have been fascinating to have a lunch with. Though, I'm not sure I'd want to know the interworking of his brain.

I think that Wookieepedia said the Jenet have red eyes, so that's what I went with.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 10:32:22 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1002 on: May 15, 2022, 10:31:11 PM »
Very nice on all three. I really like your aide though as I am reading some sci fi right now with an alien race very similar to what you have created.

Off to share on the front pages.

Thanks Tamer. I was looking for a species that commonly had an exceptional memory, eidetic was particularly appealing. The Jenet are such a species and I had a head that worked  ;D

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1003 on: May 20, 2022, 07:42:49 PM »
Building out Vaari Esrin's command crew a bit more:
Prizipencia (“Zip”) Droegan - Prizipencia's father was an aide to Danry Ledwellow, the disgraced Er’kit senator that allowed Thalassian slavers to operate on his planet. Thought unaware of his employer’s activities, he knew that the Er’kit people would look on him and his family with suspicion. He stole one Ledwellow’s shuttles and escaped off-planet with his family, hoping to find a more suitable home. Prizipencia grew up learning to pilot the shuttle as well as other craft (including podracers) on their adopted home of Cantonica. When she found that a bounty had been placed on her father’s head by an old rival, she took to the stars to find some way of protecting her family. She connected with Vaari Esrin, using her training and amazing reflexes as pilot, in return for a clear statement of severe retribution on any individual or organization that would harm her family. Vaari took to simply calling her "Zip."

Recipe:
Head, lower arms and lower legs = Ody Mandrell
Legs = CW Luminara Unduli
Torso = TCV Bespin escape Leia
Upper arms = CW Aayla Secura
     I cut the boots from the Luminara figure and glued the Ody Mandrell legs in place.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #1004 on: May 20, 2022, 07:52:22 PM »
Also this evening. This information could go in several different threads, but I just put it here. Mattel's Jurassic line has these "cinemas scenes" type packs, $20.00 at my local Target. There are are a couple from the upcoming movie. This is one. The dinosaur transport container is narrow, but could work for numerous applications and even has scratch marks in it. The dinosaur (I think its an Atrociraptor) is okay if you have a way to use it. The figure (Dichen Lachman) works as is for Star Wars or for customizing. I'm thinking it lends itself to a medical professional figure of some kind.

After looking at the images once uploaded, they seem far more blurry than they appeared on my camera. I might have to retake them.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 07:54:01 PM by Starchaser »