Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186674 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #975 on: April 10, 2022, 08:05:13 PM »
So this is not custom, but a "whoa..." shot. I saw the new-ish Avatar the Last Air Bender Appa on sale at Walmart early this last Fall and thought it might work as a snow mount of some kind. I set Moroff on him and thought "That works." I was going to snap a quick shot in the snow this winter, but never got to it.  Then...low and behold...it snowed half and inch at my house north of Seattle today. In the whole history of my life I don't believe it has ever snowed this late in the spring in the Seattle metro area. So I grabbed Appa and Moroff and ran out and took a picture before it all turned to rain - its a bit blurry as I was hurrying and it was really wet, but it makes the point. Snow on Palm Sunday in Seattle, I'm just shaking my head in wonderment.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 08:07:01 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #976 on: April 11, 2022, 03:07:56 AM »
I agree it works.

And yes, it snowed all this weekend at my house too. Crazy times. I can't ever remember getting snow this late.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #977 on: April 11, 2022, 05:06:53 AM »
That is cool. Its like a cross between a bantha, a wampa and a caterpillar. I like it.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #978 on: April 11, 2022, 12:40:27 PM »
Looks great! The only thing I could suggest to make it feel more "SW" is a repaint. Because I cannot get past seeing Appa from Avatar lol. I think if you did that it would be a great change. Not that you have to do so, but it's a great use of other toy lines to integrate into your collection.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #979 on: April 11, 2022, 01:04:19 PM »
It's a good fit, they seem like the go together.  I dig the Jenn Starchaser figure as well, especially his traveling gear.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #980 on: April 11, 2022, 07:45:22 PM »
I agree it works.

And yes, it snowed all this weekend at my house too. Crazy times. I can't ever remember getting snow this late.

Thanks Tamer. Yep...crazy times!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #981 on: April 11, 2022, 07:46:00 PM »
That is cool. Its like a cross between a bantha, a wampa and a caterpillar. I like it.

Thanks. I thought it would fit the Star Wars universe well enough.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #982 on: April 11, 2022, 07:50:51 PM »
Looks great! The only thing I could suggest to make it feel more "SW" is a repaint. Because I cannot get past seeing Appa from Avatar lol. I think if you did that it would be a great change. Not that you have to do so, but it's a great use of other toy lines to integrate into your collection.

Thanks RC, and yeah, I want to get rid of the "arrow" on his back for sure. I like the yellow-white color for a snow creature, so I'll leave that, but may come up with some other ideas. I'm always looking to pirate from other lines to world-build.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #983 on: April 11, 2022, 07:52:03 PM »
It's a good fit, they seem like the go together.  I dig the Jenn Starchaser figure as well, especially his traveling gear.

Thanks Moronarama! I'm a bit partial to Starchaser myself  ;)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #984 on: April 19, 2022, 11:01:58 PM »
A few for tonight - working on "background" characters:

Aeved Da'allin - a bounty hunter. Aeved has an interesting approach to bounty hunting. He is actively interested in flying below the radar, knowing that the “big name” bounty hunters pay a cost for their notoriety. He handles many smaller jobs with efficiency and discretion, accepting jobs that do not put him into the line of sight of the Empire, the major corporations, criminal syndicates, or the Alliance. He is an expert combatant but prefers to use diplomacy and cleverness to accomplish his ends.

Recipe:
Head = Weazel (Solo multipack)
Torso = TVC Vizam
Arms = Concept Rebel Trooper
Legs = Saga Imperial Gunner

Chendrama Nok – Nikto businesswoman who developed and administrates a chain of outlets called "Winner's Edge" selling all kind of competitive games and sports equipment. Her inventory ranges from starter Sabacc decks to high end Holochess sets, from simple balls to rifles for big-game hunting. She is often seen in the company of her business droid, KRT-N04 whom she calls Kurt.

Recipe:
Head and hands = CW Nikto Jabba's Guard
Body = Walmart Black Series Leia
Droid = ebay vendor 3D print of Crichton from Season 2 of Buck Rogers

Kind of a goofy one :)
Cato Lampros -Shy-Phoo Sava specializing in archaeology and the history of Astro-navigation, seen with his assistant Gelone, an alien of undisclosed species:

Recipe:
Head = Dollar Tree Master Shifu mini
Torso = Marvel Groot (1/18 scale)
Lower arms and hands = TVC Ree Yees
Feet = Mustafar Sentry
Gelone = Reaction style alien from a 1978 B movie called Laserblast (which I've never seen) from an Ebay lot.

Jacqo Paulwi - a Jedi who managed to survive Order 66. The Jedi bust in Maz Kanata's castle was eventually given a name, Cherff Maota who has now become canon as the Master to one of the characters in the High Republic. Originally he was said to be human, but even though stylized, the bust doesn't look human, which many fans have pointed out. I have opted to make him near human, as the orc head sure fits an "un-stylized" version of Cherff. I've named the species Cobolin. My son said I should just have him be Cherff Maota, but for now I'd rather have him as a vagabond Jedi later in the timeline.

Recipe:
Head = LOTR Fimbul the Hunter
Body = Obi-Wan ( can't remember which line)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 02:38:47 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #985 on: April 20, 2022, 08:13:41 AM »
I like em! Like em! The bounty hunter looks cool, with the combination head and shirt, they match.  I like the Cato Lampros, star wars has a lot of "goofy" aliens. I like the head on the jedi.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #986 on: April 20, 2022, 10:30:31 AM »
I like em! Like em! The bounty hunter looks cool, with the combination head and shirt, they match.  I like the Cato Lampros, star wars has a lot of "goofy" aliens. I like the head on the jedi.

Thanks! I was really happy with the bounty hunter, too. He can help populate the Nevarro Cantina. I may switch the Cato head out for a Imaginext Finster (from the Power Rangers) that would be slightly goofy, too. I can see using the Shifu head for a smaller alien. We'll see. I'm trying to build a few more characters that can just populate a scene, but you know by now, I just can't do it without a little backstory.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #987 on: April 21, 2022, 06:53:59 AM »
These are great. I am so out of interent time right now but had to get these on the front pages!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #988 on: April 21, 2022, 11:35:12 AM »
These are great. I am so out of interent time right now but had to get these on the front pages!

Thanks Tamer!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #989 on: May 01, 2022, 05:46:53 PM »
A few more backgrounders:

Burtu Joa - Rodian laborer, a moderate hunter at best, Burtu fled Rodia to avoid the stigma of lacking the skill and killer instinct his people applauded. He finds that he is much happier with a hammer or spanner in his hand than a blaster. He works as a freight handler and general worker at "the Pillar."

Recipe:
Base Figure = Saga Greedo (bar section version) - including the hands which I cut off the figure to remount
Arms/Jacket = Cassian Andor

Charr Lolomot - a small time bounty hunter. She works for the Guild tracking bail jumpers and other lower profile jobs.

Recipe:
Helmet = Imperial Ground Crew (Rogue One)
Body = Dr. Aphra
Poncho = Crait battle Rose poncho

Fless Rimber - an Arcona bounty hunter. Another lesser well known member of the Guild, Fless has a special affinity for tracking "the money" and is often sought out specifically to deal with embezzlers and corporate spies.

Recipe:
Head = Hem Dazon
Torso = Johnston Concept Snowtrooper
Arms = TVC Vizam
Hands = Boss Fight Studios mini-kit bat/vampire hands
Legs = Hem Dazon
Skirt = Comic Pack Borsk Fey'laa

Deak Urarias - a customs official, Deak is responsible for recording and assessing fees on the freight that comes through the Pillar spaceport. He tends to be a bit lax in his record keeping and so manages to stay on the good side of the locals and the spacers who use the Pillar.

Recipe:
Base Figure = McQuarrie Concept Rebel Trooper
Arms = Legacy Imperial Engineer
Gloves = Legacy Ugnaught
Vest = Saga Greedo (bar section)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 06:54:35 PM by Starchaser »