Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186714 times)

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #945 on: March 16, 2022, 04:53:12 PM »
Love this!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #946 on: March 16, 2022, 05:07:03 PM »
Love this!

Thanks Lenny - just a little fun  ;D

Proud member of the CSOTC Society.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #947 on: March 16, 2022, 05:35:38 PM »
Ive been checking in regularly just got out of the habit of posting. Thse are all awesome! I've never heard of space precinct, the alien looks great. You always find the most obscure figures for parts, they always work out great.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #948 on: March 16, 2022, 09:08:38 PM »
Ive been checking in regularly just got out of the habit of posting. These are all awesome! I've never heard of space precinct, the alien looks great. You always find the most obscure figures for parts, they always work out great.

Thanks JDeck! Space Precinct was a Gerry Anderson British TV show that aired on late night syndication here in the US while I was in grad school - hence I saw a few episodes (brain break during late night study sessions). I had forgotten that they made figures for the line, but found some in a garage sale. Anyway, I live not far from a vintage toy store, and am friends with the owner, so he's always showing me stuff - its great inspiration for fodder.

Proud member of the CSOTC Society
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 09:11:02 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #949 on: March 17, 2022, 03:01:57 AM »
Wow, look perfect to me. Great backstory too.

I did see that Disney hired Gina back right?

Am I wrong in wanting Boss Fight Studios to get the SW license?

Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #950 on: March 17, 2022, 01:33:03 PM »
Wow, look perfect to me. Great backstory too.

I did see that Disney hired Gina back right?

Am I wrong in wanting Boss Fight Studios to get the SW license?

Off to the front pages.

Thanks Tamer :) You are totally not wrong to want Boss Fight to take over. I love their figures and the quality of their sculpts is fantastic! But...they like their creative freedom and wouldn't take too kindly to Disney micromanaging things I would think. Plus, they don't manufacture on a Star Wars license scale and I would hate to see them lose their more personal corporate culture to satisfy the demanding and sometimes whiney Star Wars fans that I see comment on some sites. Also, I don't believe that they have ever produced any kind of vehicle.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 01:37:44 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #951 on: March 18, 2022, 03:09:06 AM »
Also, I don't believe that they have ever produced any kind of vehicle.

Kind of like Hasbro now? LOL, couldn't resist.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #952 on: March 25, 2022, 02:04:09 PM »
Have wanted to do a figure of this species for a while, was designing it off a Jazwares Halo Brute figure (which just felt too big) when Soundrel's Stock put the exact head sculpt up on their site. So back to the drawing board to produce a figure I'm really happy with:

Letarius Vasso – same species at Jastus Farr; a Jedi “Brute”  (from the ROTS video game) who was off-planet during the Purge, on mission to his home planet – a closely guarded secret – to recruit potential new Jedi Peacekeepers. He received the transmission put in place by Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda and headed for the stars. He found work, and cover, as Tellery Hedrakim’s body-guard – a role served well by his imposing size and Jedi trained perception. Well-practiced from keeping his home planet’s name and location secret,  he keeps his status as a former Jedi secret as well.

Recipe:
Head = Scoundrel's Stock "Brute" head
Body = Jazwares League of Legends Darius
     The Darius body much beefier than the usual bodies in this scale - but not so large as the Halo bodies, so it worked perfectly. I removed the cape and should armor and added a soft goods kilt/skirt as a "head nod" to his Jedi uniform.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 11:15:32 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #953 on: March 25, 2022, 04:06:28 PM »
He looks awesome! Wasn't familiar with the species but a quick google, and yeah he's spot on! Good size and I like the softgoods too. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 04:15:59 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #954 on: March 25, 2022, 04:31:53 PM »
He looks awesome! Wasn't familiar with the species but a quick google, and yeah he's spot on! Good size and I like the softgoods too.

Thanks! I ran across the character Jastus Farr from the comic pack figure of Master Tsui Choi. Had to read the comics with him in it and that's where I encountered Farr and thought, how fun would he be as a figure. The 3.75" Wink from Hellboy is a close facsimile, but not quite big enough. So I was pleased when Scoundrels Stock did the head and the Darius body just worked right. Pretty serendipitous.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 09:36:23 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #955 on: March 25, 2022, 09:26:05 PM »
Just for fun:

Palder Capeti – A Jedi scholar and scientist. Palder was absent-minded, socially “odd,” and more than ordinarily fascinated with the possibility of time travel. A brilliant, if erratic, scientist, Palder was ill-suited to command when war broke out and the Jedi were pressed into service as officers. Then one day, Palder was just gone. Members of his command are very tight-lipped about what happened, though occasionally someone will whisper about a blue box and shake his head in confusion. Also of note, almost all the clones present at Palder's disappearance were unaffected by the transmission of Order 66, as if their biochips had stopped working.

Recipe:
Head = 12th Doctor (Peter Capaldi)
Body = CW Mace Windu
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 11:19:12 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #956 on: March 26, 2022, 06:12:52 AM »
Man, reminds me of Ichabod Crane for some reason. I could see a Droid or Sep Headless Horseman driving him insane.

Man, great story. I would sure love to read more about this blue box and what happened and where he ended up after Order 66. Man, now that I think on it, a series of surviving Jedis novels after order 66 would be fun.

Off to share this on the front pages.

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #957 on: March 26, 2022, 07:23:38 AM »
Yes! You made a science-nerd Jedi!  ;D

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #958 on: March 26, 2022, 06:37:05 PM »
Man, reminds me of Ichabod Crane for some reason. I could see a Droid or Sep Headless Horseman driving him insane.

Man, great story. I would sure love to read more about this blue box and what happened and where he ended up after Order 66. Man, now that I think on it, a series of surviving Jedis novels after order 66 would be fun.

Off to share this on the front pages.

Thanks Tamer, Jedi surviving Order 66 would be kind of cool. They've done a few bits in the comics. I got the Doctor Who figure at a second hand store and just couldn't resist making a TARDIS reference :) Not sure I would know how to write a story about it, though - could go odd.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #959 on: March 26, 2022, 06:38:04 PM »
Yes! You made a science-nerd Jedi!  ;D

Thanks Don, the Jedi have got to have scientists right? And they can't all be Mace Windu or Yoda.