Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186681 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #930 on: February 15, 2022, 10:39:02 PM »
Sure does look to me like they could run on some bud. Great body style and most excellent background as well.

Off to share on the front pages.

Thanks Tamer! I had fun thinking this one up. He's been in parts for about a year.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #931 on: February 15, 2022, 10:40:11 PM »
Interesting mix of parts on this custom. Definitely has a very unique vibe!

Thanks RC - I was hoping for something unique:)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #932 on: February 15, 2022, 10:45:46 PM »
Awesome! The parts you used worked out great. I like the reverse kneecap, i forgot to biological term, but you know what I mean. The head is really cool.

Thanks JDeck - I really liked the head and thought it would make a great new species, thus began the journey that produced the Cha. He was fun, but I don't want to make a whole tribe of them, that's for sure :)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #933 on: March 04, 2022, 05:23:01 PM »
Here's the re-post of Xecros Raune:
I've always liked the EU/Legends material because of the alien species that it adds to the Star Wars Universe. One of the species I've liked since they first showed up in the old RPG game was the Tunroth. I've had a Ak-Rev torso sitting around for years that I thought would work great. I stumbled across the figures for the old Space Precinct TV show and realized I could probably modify a head appropriately, so work began.

Xecros Raune - a Tunroth orphaned during the Reslian Purge. Like most Tunroth, Xecros grew up trained to track and hunt. He poured his rage and sorrow into training and out-performed most of his "classmates." Harboring animosity toward the Empire for not stepping into the Reslian crisis sooner, Xecros chose not to join the bounty hunting tradition that many of his species did. Instead, he found that he could use his skills brilliantly as a pirate, striking out against the Empire in a small way and also generating tremendous profits he could send back to Reslia to help with the rebuilding effort. In time he was recruited by Vaari and serves as her Quartermaster, keeping the crew in line and well-disciplined.

Recipe:
Head = Space Precinct Officer Orrin (with modifcations)
Torso and belt = Av-Rev (Jabba's Klatooine drummer)
Arms = Fortnite Jonesy
Hands = POTF Bossk
Legs = Fortnite Battlehound
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 05:52:49 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #934 on: March 04, 2022, 05:34:32 PM »
And to Vaari Esrin's crew I add her chief engineer/shipwright, the Quarren Hadee Klir. Hadee grew up building in the shipyards of Dac, she was captured in an Imperial raid and enslaved. When the Alliance attacked the shipyards where she worked, Hadee took the opportunity to escape by stowing away on an Imperial transport fleeing the attack. The transport was targeted by a small pirate crew led by Vaari. After finding the Quarren while ransacking the ship, Vaari gave Hadee the opportunity to join her crew.

Recipe (this one is pretty simple):
Head = custom cast by Starwarsgeek
Body = Jyn Erso
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 05:36:46 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #935 on: March 05, 2022, 08:03:58 AM »
I would love to see a Quarren Gal in one of the lastest movies or TV shows. Great custom.

Off to share to the front pages.

Thanks for reposting your last custom. Sorry it got lost in our forums bermuda triangle.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #936 on: March 05, 2022, 06:06:09 PM »
Thanks Tamer. No worries about the last post, weirdness happens. I'd actually love to see a few more female aliens - Devaronian is top of the list, but a Mon Cal and Kel Dor would be great too.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #937 on: March 06, 2022, 07:48:00 AM »
I agree. I want to see some of these Aliens be good guys too. It seems whenever we see a SW Alien its always a villian or a bad guy. I hope if Rogue Squadron gets made we really get the cool alien rebel pilots in the books; if that movie gets made now.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #938 on: March 06, 2022, 01:49:59 PM »
I agree. I want to see some of these Aliens be good guys too. It seems whenever we see a SW Alien its always a villian or a bad guy. I hope if Rogue Squadron gets made we really get the cool alien rebel pilots in the books; if that movie gets made now.

Yes. I would particularly like to see an alien main character. I get tired of them always being the sidekick.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #939 on: March 07, 2022, 03:22:22 AM »
Now thats an even better idea.

And not a Twi Lek.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #940 on: March 07, 2022, 01:31:01 PM »
Now thats an even better idea.

And not a Twi Lek.

Yep!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #941 on: March 07, 2022, 01:45:46 PM »
Another member of Vaari's command crew. Her navigator Iikar Bledit. The Givin have an interesting relationship with most in the Galaxy. Mathematically brilliant, they can seem cold, aloof, and rude to others. Their physiology doesn't help either, being associated with monsters or other creepy creatures from many species' nightmares. So when a Givin happens to be an extrovert with a penchant for academic disciplines associated with the Humanities - philosophy, history, language, the arts -  what's he to do? Iikar decided to find a crew of non-Givin that would appreciate his ability to make astro-navigational calculations while allowing him to explore his "artistic" side. Eventually he found himself part of the pirate crew Vaari has built and is "at home" acting as navigator.

Recipe:
Head = TAC Elis Helrot
Body = Walmart exclusive 3.75" BS Force Awakens Han Solo
     I had to build up the neck peg substantially in order to use the Helrot head. In the end I wound up cutting off the original neck peg adding the neck peg from the Legacy Sandstorm Solo and using hot glue. I think it worked pretty well.
Arms = Legacy Sandstorm Han Solo
Hands = Marauder Gun Runners
Duster (sans sleeves) = Force Link 2.0 DJ
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 09:20:02 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #942 on: March 08, 2022, 03:22:47 AM »
Nice custom. Love the backstory too.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #943 on: March 08, 2022, 11:06:12 AM »
Nice custom. Love the backstory too.

Off to the front pages.

Thanks, Tamer!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #944 on: March 16, 2022, 04:13:27 PM »
I've been waiting for Queen Solan from Boss Fight Studios to arrive. She did and I thought I'd have a little fun:

Before she was an Alliance shock trooper, she was Lady Cara Dune, Viscountess of House Dune, a minor noble house of Alderaan, owing fealty to House Teraan.

The recipe is a simple headswap :)

Proud member of the CSOTC Society
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 04:17:44 PM by Starchaser »