Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186733 times)

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #915 on: January 11, 2022, 05:54:32 PM »
Great figures! Massuri gitru is fantastic. I like the head, the warrior body is also pretty awesome.

Thanks, JDeck! I was pretty excited with how well the parts combined on her. I got interrupted while posting so I've got a few more for tonight, actually.  :)

Yeah I really jumped the gun. They're all really well done. The what if concepts are smart and imaginative. Has nollo has to be my favorite, really cool looking, i really like the swamp thing head.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #916 on: January 11, 2022, 07:09:15 PM »
Great figures! Massuri gitru is fantastic. I like the head, the warrior body is also pretty awesome.

Thanks, JDeck! I was pretty excited with how well the parts combined on her. I got interrupted while posting so I've got a few more for tonight, actually.  :)

Yeah I really jumped the gun. They're all really well done. The what if concepts are smart and imaginative. Has nollo has to be my favorite, really cool looking, i really like the swamp thing head.

I'm really happy with how he turned out. I knew when I saw the Hiya toys Swamp Thing that I could use it for this figure - which I've wanted to do since the comic came out (which is like nine years ago). If I was ever to do a photonovel (which is unlikely) I'd probably use him as a central character. I loved the alien concept for Han and the Dark Horse folks did a good job turning the early version of George's script into a story.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 07:13:34 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #917 on: January 17, 2022, 04:09:53 PM »
Tellery Hedrakim - a very successful gambler, but also quick with his hold-out blaster or vibro-sword cane if necessary. Known to many simply as "Teller," Tellery is very gregarious and social, with a vast network of friends and acquaintances. Though not technically an information broker, he does have a wealth of valuable information and contacts, which he might be willing to share for a favor in return.

Recipe:
     Head = Marvel universe Mr. Fantastic
     Body = TVC Peasant Anakin
     Jacket/Scarf = Force link Lando (from Solo)
     Cane = Jazwares Assassin's Creed Evie Frye
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 04:14:14 PM by Starchaser »

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #918 on: January 18, 2022, 06:47:55 AM »
Very nice. Looks like my kind of scoundrel. Wonder if he owns a hunk of junk?

Off to the front pages.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #919 on: January 18, 2022, 07:07:54 AM »
Nice parts mix for this one
Looks like a high roller

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #920 on: January 18, 2022, 11:17:37 AM »
He is dashing. I like the peasant anakin shirt, works great with the lando cape and scarf. Altogether looks great.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #921 on: January 18, 2022, 01:11:49 PM »
Now he'll need an entourage to go places with him. 
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #922 on: January 18, 2022, 04:16:07 PM »
Very nice. Looks like my kind of scoundrel. Wonder if he owns a hunk of junk?

Off to the front pages.

Thanks, Tamer. Don't know yet about the ship, but I don't think it will fit the "hunk of junk" category. Tellery has to much style for that:)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 07:37:47 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #923 on: January 18, 2022, 04:16:42 PM »
Nice parts mix for this one
Looks like a high roller

Thanks Clonehead, that was the intention.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #924 on: January 18, 2022, 04:18:31 PM »
He is dashing. I like the peasant anakin shirt, works great with the lando cape and scarf. Altogether looks great.

Thanks, JDeck. I was hoping to do a character that looked a bit "upscale" and have always thought the peasant Anakin body worked well for that. You know, the string tie and fancy vest of the "gambler" trope of the 'Ole West.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 12:20:14 AM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #925 on: January 18, 2022, 04:19:33 PM »
Now he'll need an entourage to go places with him.

Thanks, RC - consort? bodyguard? personal assistant? droid? or maybe he's just a loner...we'll see

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #926 on: February 14, 2022, 05:53:52 PM »
Iglean Mud-Runners: so named because of their ability to run across the scalding wet mud flats of their native planet. For three decades Imperial zoologists insisted they were non-sentient so they suffered as "game" to various big game hunters. The hunting was stopped by interference of the Jedi-in-hiding Erris Raek (seen on page 44 of this thread). In fact, they were quite sentient and call themselves the Cha’Qua’Doc. They are not advanced in terms of electronic or military technology, having only developed to steam technology, but they are masters of minerals. They can “smell” different minerals like a bloodhound can follow an animal scent or a pig can smell truffles. They make beautiful jewelry, mineral gardens, and have the most advanced stone architecture in the galaxy. There are four “categories” of Cha, roughly translated (in an attempt to keep the original Cha alliteration): questors, cutters, carvers, and constructors (those who find, those who dress, those who decorate, and those who assemble). All are equal – no class of Cha is more esteemed or less – they are a very cooperative and collectivist culture, not a caste-based one. This particular Cha is called Sansy-dran and belongs to the "quester" discipline. He is the Cha with the closest relationship to Erris, and would like to go off-world with him some day.

Recipe:
Head/Tail = Jurassic World Ramphorhynchus
Body/Arms = Mustafar sentry
Upper legs = movie Alpha 5 arms
Lower legs/Feet = Some purple lizard figure I found at Walmart (I can't remember the line)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 07:39:42 PM by Starchaser »

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #927 on: February 15, 2022, 03:41:42 AM »
Sure does look to me like they could run on some mud. Great body style and most excellent background as well.

Off to share on the front pages.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 03:29:44 AM by Tamer »

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #928 on: February 15, 2022, 11:49:56 AM »
Interesting mix of parts on this custom. Definitely has a very unique vibe! 
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #929 on: February 15, 2022, 03:49:17 PM »
Awesome! The parts you used worked out great. I like the reverse kneecap, i forgot to biological term, but you know what I mean. The head is really cool.