Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186706 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #900 on: September 30, 2021, 08:16:53 PM »
Here's a group shot of Shadowmark's "court". I am hoping to build a diorama of the receiving chamber in her residence, which she calls "Twilight Oasis."

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #901 on: September 30, 2021, 09:53:26 PM »
Loving that group shot!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #902 on: September 30, 2021, 10:45:58 PM »
Loving that group shot!

Thanks Don! As I said, I'm hoping to build out a diorama backdrop for this group (plus a few figures).

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #903 on: September 30, 2021, 11:38:07 PM »
Nudge, a Cthon:
Driven out of his pack when he challenged the Alpha and failed to defeat him, he was near death from starvation and blood loss when an urchin named Alia found him and slowly earned his trust and nursed him back to health. When weak, he would sometimes push his snout into Alia hand, so she took to calling him Nudge and the name stuck. Eventually, Alia was found and adopted by Lady Shadowmark, so now Nudge belongs to the "family" and is far more frightening and effective than any massif could be.

The reference material on Cthon is again varied. They are in a video game with read and yellowish skin and an exposed brain. But the comics have them looking very much like emaciated humans or monkeys either gray skinned or very pale. They are also called Troglodytes. I like the comic rendition better, so went with the Funko Demogorgon body and a head modified from the movie Kilowog and cast. Matching the color of the Funko figure was near impossible for me (it's still too pink), but I'm okay with what I got. Its late and I don't have good photo lighting, so I'll take a new picture outside in the daylight soonish.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 04:23:00 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #904 on: October 01, 2021, 02:57:48 AM »
Wow, just updates all over the place. I like them all.

Let me go get some of this on the front pages. I too like that group shot. Can't wait to see what you do for the dio.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #905 on: October 01, 2021, 06:59:14 PM »
Thanks, Tamer. I'm really trying to figure out what kind of decor/design the space will be. I don't want industrial, I want something nicer, maybe more refined than "space hallways."

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #906 on: January 10, 2022, 06:23:50 PM »
Its been awhile, but here are some new customs for the new year.

Massuri Gitru – cousin to Talu Ooran and personal bodyguard to Crown Princess Lelit:

Recipe:
     Head = Animal Warriors of the Kingdom Tiberius
     Body = JoyToys Golden Saluk female warrior

Veoza Nepp - a member of Airen Cracken's Raiders battalion, partnered with Egrel Semot:

Recipe:
     Head = Nikto Skiff Guard (I think) w/ the Endor Trooper helmet
     Body = Walmart Black series Scarif trooper

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #907 on: January 10, 2022, 06:31:14 PM »
Great figures! Massuri gitru is fantastic. I like the head, the warrior body is also pretty awesome.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #908 on: January 10, 2022, 07:15:35 PM »
Great figures! Massuri gitru is fantastic. I like the head, the warrior body is also pretty awesome.

Thanks, JDeck! I was pretty excited with how well the parts combined on her. I got interrupted while posting so I've got a few more for tonight, actually.  :)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #909 on: January 10, 2022, 07:24:56 PM »
Nattas Japelour - an archeologist and geologist, sometimes partnered with and sometimes a congenial rival with Keraly Mesa

Recipe:
     Head and hands = Bespin Wing Guard
     Head wrap = Comic 2-pack Mara Jade
     Torso = carbonite Han
     Vest = Cassian Andor jacket
     Arms = Temple Guard, Indiana Jones
     Belt = from Animal Warriors of the Kingdom (purchased from Virtuvian Armory)
     Legs = Borsk Feylya

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #910 on: January 10, 2022, 07:38:37 PM »
Gerrin Matenais - a smuggler. Gerrin (soft "g" like a "j") is friends with Rig Sarkia and sometimes works with him, but usually keeps to herself.

Recipe:
     Head = Ginny Weasly
     Body = GI Joe Jinx
     Holster = Bom Vimdin
     Coat = Pirates of the Caribbean Angelica

Vaari Esrin - Space pirate, sometimes rival to Hondo

Recipe:
     Head = Harry Potter Cho
     Body = TVC Mara Jade
     Coat = Loki

These two figures I built some time ago, but didn't ever post. I think it was because I borrowed the recipes for these figures, maybe from "my kind of scum" but I can't remember now. 

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #911 on: January 10, 2022, 07:45:53 PM »
Sayawan Ventrobi - "what if" Obi Wan and Asajj Venrtress had a different relationship.

Recipe:
     Head = Pirates of the Caribbean Elizabeth Swann (the one in Asian dress)
     Torso = Walmart Black series Ahsoka Tano
     Arms = Walmart Black series sequel Leia
     Legs = comic 2-pack Mara Jade

Finn and Leia - "what if" Finn became the Jedi he should have and had the right romance - with Rey. That would make their children the "Knights of Renn."

Finn recipe:
     Head = 5 POA Finn
     Body = ROTS Kit Fisto
Leia recipe:
     Yaz from Camp Cretaceous with Aurra Sing belt and sift goods skirt from a Senate guard

Plo Koon - "what if" Plo Koon survived - which I still think he did :) and became a fringe wanderer on the Outer Rim:

Recipe:
     Head = Legacy Plo Koon
     Body = Bom Vimdin
     Vest = Fortnite Renegade Shadow
     Pack from a Stranger Things figure, Bala-Tik blaster, and Rey staff.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 10:48:13 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #912 on: January 10, 2022, 07:49:46 PM »
And one last one for tonight:

Han Solo, as he was conceived for the "The Star Wars" an earlier script for Star Wars, which Dark Horse turned into a comic. He was to be a green alien from not Correlia but Ureallia:

I like the design so I brought him into the Star Wars universe this way:

Has Nollo –
The Ureallian, Has Nollo, through an unfortunate clerical error, found his picture associated with the name Han Solo and had to defend himself from more than a few eager bounty hunters. This situation produced three outcomes: 1. The professional shock-boxer and regional Teras Kasi champion took the Bounty Hunter Guild and Imperial records division to civil court on three separate occasions and became very wealthy as a result; 2. He developed a significant reputation within the Guild as a dangerous quarry, so much so that bounty hunters wishing to dispose of a rival would suggest they go after “Han Solo…the green one.” The Guild actively turns down bounties on Has, as he has proven bad for business. 3. Taking some of his new wealth, Has bought a long-range courier and outfitted it with upgraded weapons, sensors and shields, aptly named the “Mistaken Identity” and offered his services to the Alliance specifically to protect or rescue Alliance assets with bounties on their heads. He has become a valuable part of Bren Derlin’s Special Forces team.

Recipe:
     Head = Hiya Swamp Thing
     Upper Torso/arms = Marvel universe Sabertooth
     Hands = Fortnite Jonesy
     Lower torso/upper legs = Fortnite Skull Trooper
     Lower legs = some orange anime alien figure in my fodder box
     Feet = Legacy Quarren Soldier
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 10:47:35 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #913 on: January 11, 2022, 04:01:27 AM »
Wow, I can see you have been busy. I really like your different takes on the regular SW storyline. Love the child from Obi and Ventress. Poor guy getting attacked for possibly being Han cracks me up too. Great stuff.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #914 on: January 11, 2022, 01:16:08 PM »
Wow, I can see you have been busy. I really like your different takes on the regular SW storyline. Love the child from Obi and Ventress. Poor guy getting attacked for possibly being Han cracks me up too. Great stuff.

Off to the front pages.

Thanks Tamer, I'm glad you got a kick out of it  ;D The truth is Fall was really challenging in terms of time and emotional commitments, so I really didn't work on anything until I had some time off at Christmas - hence the new "dump" as I was finishing things in the pipeline.