Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186757 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #855 on: August 18, 2021, 06:55:33 PM »
Awesome job on those two. The Doallyn especially - I feel the suddenurge to search for a Bane Malar now… 😉

:) Thanks!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #856 on: August 20, 2021, 05:26:25 PM »
Pretty simple, but I like the way he turned out:
Tremander Brace – A former Rebel Pathfinder, Tremander is now a self-styled “adventurer” lending his skills to exploratory and scouting missions, hunting expeditions and assorted other activities. In truth Major Brace is a New Republic Marshal/Ranger, but he keeps that quiet unless absolutely necessary.

Recipe:
Head = McQuarrie concept Han Solo
Torso = Shoretrooper
Lower torso and legs = Cassian Andor

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #857 on: August 21, 2021, 04:43:22 AM »
Very nice. Looks tough.

Off to share on the front page.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #858 on: August 21, 2021, 11:06:02 AM »
Thanks Tamer. Sometimes simple is serendipitous.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #859 on: August 25, 2021, 04:34:43 PM »
I remember you mentioned you were making a figure using the tbs Rio, and I've been really looking forward to it, and he looks awesome! It works really well, and the headsculpt looks incredible too.
Tremander brace looks cool. I like him.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #860 on: August 26, 2021, 12:50:43 PM »
I remember you mentioned you were making a figure using the tbs Rio, and I've been really looking forward to it, and he looks awesome! It works really well, and the headsculpt looks incredible too.
Tremander brace looks cool. I like him.

Thanks JDeck! Yeah, I finally had a bit of breathing space. The parts have been sitting in a bin for a while now, I finally got to the sculpting bits, assembly and painting. He's a little beefier than the reference images for Pho Ph'eahians, but I'm okay with that. Pretty happy with how he turned out. As I said to Tamer, Brace was a little serendipity. I was going through the fodder and the parts were all just there. All he needed was a little extra material on the neck peg.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #861 on: August 29, 2021, 02:35:51 PM »
Nice! I liked this reused empire armors.

This head apart from the headpiece always reminds me of a blonde Kyle Katarn  ;D

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #862 on: August 30, 2021, 10:31:56 PM »
Nice! I liked this reused empire armors.

This head apart from the headpiece always reminds me of a blonde Kyle Katarn  ;D

Many thanks! It made sense to me that old armor might get repurposed (plus I just really like the Shoretrooper). Yeah, I could totally see this head for Katarn, maybe its Kyle's blond twin Lyle.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #863 on: September 07, 2021, 10:28:47 PM »
Braxissenno P'ol Darquinsis, an Elomin Jedi. Though brought to the Jedi Academy as a young child, Braxissenno (familiarly "Brax") was enculturated enough to have his species' focus on establishing order, which made him adept at finding patterns. He excelled at language acquisition and puzzles. Consequently, when war broke out, Brax became quickly became a respected code breaker. When Order 66 was broadcast, Brax was on a deep space listening station discovering and deciphering Separatist communication. As there were no clone personnel on board this lightly manned station, Brax avoided execution. Intercepting the Jedi signal planted by Obi-Wan Kenobi, Brax was able to steal aboard his Jedi fighter and disappear into the galaxy.

Recipe:
Head = Funko Night King figure (painted with nose trimmed, horns sculpted on)
Body = Clone Wars Obi-Wan

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #864 on: September 08, 2021, 03:01:38 AM »
Nice. I like the backstory too.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #865 on: September 08, 2021, 09:49:29 AM »
Great figure and backstory. I really like the head, it's similar to a zabrak in a way but even more menacing. Is an elomin species something from legends or did you come up with it?

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #866 on: September 08, 2021, 06:44:47 PM »
Nice. I like the backstory too.

Off to share on the front pages.

Thanks Tamer! As always I appreciate your dedication to our hobby.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #867 on: September 08, 2021, 06:50:22 PM »
Great figure and backstory. I really like the head, it's similar to a zabrak in a way but even more menacing. Is an elomin species something from legends or did you come up with it?

The Elomin are an EU/Legends species from the same planet as the Elom (Tanus Spijek from Jabba's palace). They were included in the Essential Guide to Alien Species and one made an appearance as a New Republic Admiral (I think) in the original Thrawn trilogy - this was, I believe their first actual appearance as a species. Thanks for the feedback!

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #868 on: September 08, 2021, 07:13:02 PM »

The Elomin are an EU/Legends species from the same planet as the Elom (Tanus Spijek from Jabba's palace). They were included in the Essential Guide to Alien Species and one made an appearance as a New Republic Admiral (I think) in the original Thrawn trilogy - this was, I believe their first actual appearance as a species. Thanks for the feedback!

I just looked it up, yeah that's right on.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #869 on: September 08, 2021, 11:05:09 PM »

I just looked it up, yeah that's right on.

Thanks. The newer colored art has small cheek horns as well, but the original line drawing in the Essential Guide did not, nor did the character Te Corso. I prefer the design without the cheek horns, so that's what I did - though I went with the colors of the newer illustrations  (red tone skin with tan horns). They are really similar to the Zabrak - but the species pre-dated them in the creative timeline, so I thought I should make at least one for my assortment of figures.