Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186767 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #840 on: August 06, 2021, 11:28:22 PM »
And finally for tonight - I got the inspiration for this from Moronarama - a female Devaronian Jedi named Sumorn Jagga:

Recipe:
Head = Roblox Bec the Fire God (horns cut off)
Arms = TVC Ahsoka
Torso = McQuarrie concept Starkiller
Legs = TVC Ahsoka
Skirt from the CW Luminara Unduli

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #841 on: August 07, 2021, 08:06:58 AM »
Wow, I can see you have been busy. Nice work.

I love the Governor and Baash. All are great though.

Off to the front pages.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 04:55:28 AM by Tamer »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #842 on: August 07, 2021, 11:14:11 AM »
Excellent work on the Boss Fight blank and I just love Leyalla Ilrangeru! She reminds me of Tomb Raider and the green colors go along fantastically!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #843 on: August 07, 2021, 10:10:53 PM »
Thanks guys! I've got a bunch of figures I've started or assembled parts for (and I'm hoping to get to my first ship this fall), but life has been crazy so most of my time has gone into house projects and family events - mostly positive - that is finally settling down so I think I'll be able to get  some more customizing time. These were pretty simple, mostly head swaps, the challenge was trying to match paint colors but I'm happy with the final results. Somewhere along the line, in the midst of cleaning and packing for travel, I misplaced the camera I usually take pictures with so these were snapped on my ancient phone (a Galaxy 4), so I'm not entirely satisfied with the images. 

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #844 on: August 08, 2021, 02:21:06 PM »
Really nice stuff!  I like the  Governor Beltrane and Lady Shadowmark.  Good combinations on the parts.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #845 on: August 09, 2021, 11:10:43 PM »
Thanks Moronarama. I thought your Bec to Devaronian female was inspired, so thanks for that.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #846 on: August 10, 2021, 06:44:25 PM »
  Great batch! The devorian female is really awesome in particular. A really great combination of parts with these figures, thanks for the recipes. Those bandai robots would make great dark trooprs painted black. They're pretty daggone similar.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #847 on: August 10, 2021, 09:43:54 PM »
  Great batch! The devorian female is really awesome in particular. A really great combination of parts with these figures, thanks for the recipes. Those bandai robots would make great dark trooprs painted black. They're pretty daggone similar.

Thanks, JDeck. Your right about the Gundam frames, but I'll just call them Beltane's answer to the dark trooper. They're available at some Targets (in the special toy section in electronics) for a reasonable price. I think I got them for about $10.00 a piece on sale.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #848 on: August 17, 2021, 11:10:37 PM »
A couple for tonight. First up is a not very original, been done before, simple head swap - Sergeant Doallyn. I've had the parts sitting in my bin for a looooong time and finally cut down the neck peg to fit the Jabba's Guard helmet on the Bane Malar body. He's a little short when standing next to some other figures, but he sure looks good.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #849 on: August 17, 2021, 11:24:02 PM »
And a bit more complicated: Vren'oh a Pho Ph'eahian (from the EU/legends) mechanic. When his family's mechanic shop was forced out of business on Corulag under xenophobic Imperial policies, Vren'oh joined the Rebel Alliance. Working as one part of an unusual duo (his fellow mechanic should come along a little later this fall), Vren'oh can repair almost anything, develops the most ingenious solutions to problems when resources are unavailable, and is constantly figuring out ways to maximize performance for Rebel starfighters. Admiral Ackbar has been quoted as saying, "If I could just clone those two, the Empire wouldn't stand a chance against our fleet."

A quickly staged image of Vren'oh salvaging parts off a Jedi Starfighter to use in repairing Rebel ships.

focused in on Vren'oh:

Recipe for Vren'oh:
Head = Beast from Disney Beauty and the Beast 2 pack (horns removed and ears sculpted with Kneadatite)
Body = Black Series Rio Durant (with mid section of the body removed)
Feet = Saga Coleman Trebor

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #850 on: August 18, 2021, 01:28:18 AM »
I can see some heavy bottle recycling there. Love the scene you build with the Jedi Startfighter and all the different cargo containers. I think the bottles go really well for gas containers.
Love the blue metallic of Disney's exclusive R2-SHP, which I recently got from TungHori as well.

Vren'oh looks awesome! What a sweet kit-bash and story! I really dig the tools and devices you gave him. Bane Malar looks nice with that alternate head, too. Cool update!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #851 on: August 18, 2021, 03:01:10 AM »
Man nice customs. Doallyn looks awesome as does Vren oh.

I gotta agree I love the dio set up too.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Blizzard Force

• Lieutenant
  • The shield will be down in moments.
    • Blizzard Force Customs
« Reply #852 on: August 18, 2021, 12:39:53 PM »
Awesome job on those two. The Doallyn especially - I feel the suddenurge to search for a Bane Malar now… 😉
BLIZZARD FORCE CUSTOMS on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/blizzardforcecustoms/

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #853 on: August 18, 2021, 06:54:04 PM »
I can see some heavy bottle recycling there. Love the scene you build with the Jedi Startfighter and all the different cargo containers. I think the bottles go really well for gas containers.
Love the blue metallic of Disney's exclusive R2-SHP, which I recently got from TungHori as well.

Vren'oh looks awesome! What a sweet kit-bash and story! I really dig the tools and devices you gave him. Bane Malar looks nice with that alternate head, too. Cool update!

That's exactly the thought I had when I was getting ready to throw these bottles in the recycle bin. I have decals to add and maybe an electronic panel or something, plus a bit of weathering. Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the outcome. They are Sparkling Ice brand flavored water bottles. Thanks for the kind words...and glad you got the R2 droid.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #854 on: August 18, 2021, 06:54:54 PM »
Man nice customs. Doallyn looks awesome as does Vren oh.

I gotta agree I love the dio set up too.

Off to the front pages.

Thanks Tamer. One day I'll get to an actual diorama which includes some of these elements.