Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186765 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #825 on: May 15, 2021, 09:33:50 PM »
Sometimes I need to watch something for kids (its an antidote to cynicism), and I get tired of "angsty" stuff - life has enough angst already. So I watched some of the LEGO "Adventures of the Freemakers." There was this reference to an Ugnaught bounty hunter (using a Boushh helmet), and I thought, that's not a bad idea. I had a Weazel body sitting around and presto:

Rowan Freemaker pretended to be "Grunt Boar" the fiercest Ugnaught in the Galaxy. What if that wasn't entirely random? What if a successful Ugnaught bounty hunter made "the Wheel" his home when not off on missions? What if Rowan Freemaker had this information rolling around in his subconscious? Well...the answer is Gruuner Boa, a bounty hunter of some repute who hails from the Ugnaught tribe that makes its home in the lower reaches of the "the Wheel." (I think the recipe on this one is transparent.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 09:56:29 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #826 on: May 16, 2021, 12:47:43 AM »
I got to admit that I really admire your imagination! And I agree with the "angsty" stuff. Had to look it up and it seems angst was directly adapted from the German language. I don't know this particular LEGO movie, yet, but the title speaks for itself. Really enjoy The LEGO Movie by the way!
I really like the custom character you created here and the story you invented for him put a big smile on my face this morning. Must be tough to be wanted in a galaxy far, far away!

By the way congrats on over a hundred thousand clicks on this thread!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #827 on: May 16, 2021, 06:22:40 AM »
I like the idea of this Ugnaught Bounty Hunter. Love your solution to cynicism too. I think I need to take some of your advice.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #828 on: May 16, 2021, 09:46:40 PM »
I got to admit that I really admire your imagination! And I agree with the "angsty" stuff. Had to look it up and it seems angst was directly adapted from the German language. I don't know this particular LEGO movie, yet, but the title speaks for itself. Really enjoy The LEGO Movie by the way!
I really like the custom character you created here and the story you invented for him put a big smile on my face this morning. Must be tough to be wanted in a galaxy far, far away!

By the way congrats on over a hundred thousand clicks on this thread!

Thanks Philipp! Yes "angst" is a loan word from German. In English we would say "brooding, dark,  despairing, full of dread and anxiety." I like angst. The Freemaker show is a two season TV series, it's on Disney+. It was okay, but it gave me custom ideas! That's always good - I've a couple more customs I will probably do from the show just for kicks.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #829 on: May 16, 2021, 09:50:19 PM »
I like the idea of this Ugnaught Bounty Hunter. Love your solution to cynicism too. I think I need to take some of your advice.

Off to share on the front pages.

Thanks Tamer. Yeah, it was a piece of advice from a visiting lecturer when I was at University (waaaay back in the day). A brilliant thinker and accomplished author, he said that reading children's books helped him keep a sense of wonder and fight cynicism. I thought, if it worked for him, then it would probably work for me...and so it has, pretty effectively.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 09:52:11 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #830 on: May 18, 2021, 08:47:53 PM »
I like him  8) the story is great too. He just looks badass. It works. I wish we had more little people figures, but the weazel body worked great.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #831 on: May 18, 2021, 10:46:22 PM »
I like him  8) the story is great too. He just looks badass. It works. I wish we had more little people figures, but the weazel body worked great.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm actually really happy with him. I have several Funko Gelflings and the Hup figure that I think I will wind up using for smaller species. I agree, though, it would be nice to have other small bodies, but Weazel works, I don't even mind that its 5POA.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 10:49:27 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #832 on: May 19, 2021, 02:55:16 AM »
I wish we had more little people figures

I so agree with this. I am surprised Hasbro doesn't do this. Maybe they think we wouldn't pay full price for one and that we would want them two to a cardback?

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #833 on: May 19, 2021, 06:07:11 AM »

Thanks! Yeah, I'm actually really happy with him. I have several Funko Gelflings and the Hup figure that I think I will wind up using for smaller species. I agree, though, it would be nice to have other small bodies, but Weazel works, I don't even mind that its 5POA.

I liked 5poa. I mean they were goid sculpts of figures we'll never see in a million years in tvc. They were basically statues but they were sculpted in a goid natural looking pose.

I so agree with this. I am surprised Hasbro doesn't do this. Maybe they think we wouldn't pay full price for one and that we would want them two to a cardback?

That's what miffed me about the tvc Jawa. You pay more than the older tbs, but you only get one? They always included something whether its a second jawa or a droid. Thats why the Kenner platform kind of irritates me.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #834 on: May 19, 2021, 01:07:46 PM »

I liked 5poa. I mean they were goid sculpts of figures we'll never see in a million years in tvc. They were basically statues but they were sculpted in a goid natural looking pose.

That's what miffed me about the tvc Jawa. You pay more than the older tbs, but you only get one? They always included something whether its a second jawa or a droid. Thats why the Kenner platform kind of irritates me.

I don't mind 5POA, but I think Hasbro could just be smart about articulation, the small figures like Weazel are fine in 5POA (I mean the arms are short, so who needs to bend the elbows - really),  and I thought that they handled Moloch from Solo really well also. Other figures really need mutliple points of articulation, because they are, after all, toys. I don't understand why some people get all frustrated, though, when most figures don't have, like, 28 points of articulation or something. One of my challenges is that I don't consider myself a "collector" in that as toys, I open and dispose of the packaging. If I can't set the figures up and have them interact with each other and the environment, what's the point? So I like artciulated figures, but I don't care about the packaging, which makes me a fan of the TVC figures, but not the TVC line  (if that makes sense). I totally agree about the value of smaller figures though. Grogru could have come as a pack-in, there's certainly not the same amount of plastic in him as in the Gamorrean Guard:) And two Jawas or a pack-in of some substance would make the price more justifiable. Actually it would have/could be a great combination to give us the Scrapjaw Motito bounty hunter with Grogru from season two - that would be a two-pack worth the price.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 02:58:57 PM by Starchaser »

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #835 on: May 23, 2021, 01:32:57 AM »
I had never expected to see a Ugnaught bounty hunter.
I like the interesting background history.
Excellent work.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #836 on: May 23, 2021, 03:01:49 PM »
I had never expected to see a Ugnaught bounty hunter.
I like the interesting background history.
Excellent work.

Thanks! I wouldn't have thought of it either, but someone at Lego did. Since free time is in short supply, a quick custom was up my alley and I had the parts. So there you have it...an Ugnaught bounty hunter  ;D

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #837 on: August 06, 2021, 11:04:00 PM »
Its been a while since I posted anything new. So I have a few to post now with more to come. Let's start with this: Governor Hinch Beltane of Balmorra (from the Dark Horse Comics):

Recipe:
Head = Boss Fight blank (peach)
Body = Captain America the first Avenger comic Red Skull
The flanking figures are Bandai GFrame 13 Armor Frames
The Mech is the new Jazwares Halo Mantis
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 11:09:03 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #838 on: August 06, 2021, 11:20:43 PM »
And...Temris Eldraban: known to most simply as Lady Shadowmark, and called Tema by her closest companions, a significant dealer in the Coruscant underworld. She supplies goods and services of all kinds - but especially information - and stays above most of the small time gang politics. Few would dare to cross her as she protects her independence and neutrality fiercely. Rarely does she need to defend herself as she has allies like the bounty hunter known as Baash (more on him later) that usually function as guards, but she is proficient in several hand-to-hand combat systems and is a crack-shot with the hold-out blaster she carries as well.

Recipe:
Head and sash = new marvel retro Elektra
Body = Pirates of the Caribbean Angelica

Baash:
Head = ROTS Saesee Tiin
Body = VC Verdain

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #839 on: August 06, 2021, 11:23:39 PM »
Leyalla Ilrangeru, a Mirialan smuggler who works primarily for Lady Shadowmark;

Recipe:
Head = Luminara Unduli
Body = one of the GI Joe Lady Jaye figures (I think 25th anniversary)