Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 186706 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #765 on: October 15, 2020, 08:50:04 PM »
She is nicely done and a great concept!

Thanks, Lenny - I'm happy with her. I was also pleased that I was able to figure out how to mix-and-match with some of the Fortnite figures (currently on major sale at my local Target).

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #766 on: October 15, 2020, 08:50:44 PM »
Very cool female Wookiee.  The braids are a nice touch.

Thanks - they were a suggestion from my wife :)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #767 on: October 15, 2020, 08:53:09 PM »
I've been showcasing a few elements from the Jazwares 3.75" Halo line, here's a couple more:

(sorry the picture is blurry - I was in a hurry - but it does show the similarity in height between the marine and Hondo quite nicely)

And Rex and Grey hunt "clankers" old-school:

« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 08:55:19 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #768 on: October 16, 2020, 03:05:03 AM »
Seems like they fit in well.

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #769 on: October 16, 2020, 10:44:43 PM »
The Halo stuff has always looked great. And at one time, I had considered collecting them. But now that I'm doing 1:18 military stuff, I'm probably gonna skip. I'd have to sell either my Neca collection or Star Wars stuff to house that...and let's face it. Over my dead body...lol

Keep up the great shots! P.S. how do you like your Hondo? I'm waiting on mine to ship.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #770 on: October 16, 2020, 11:22:17 PM »
Thank you for spotlighting all these other toy lines here that I would not had heard of otherwise. I so need to keep my eyes open for the Pilot figure. This has to become a Bodhi Rook custom. Congrats for scoring the new stuff already! The Halo line makes a fine addition to your collection for sure!

Offline Eyositer

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #771 on: October 20, 2020, 06:00:45 PM »
I picked up a few of these last week.  I am going to incorporate the Pilot into a project I’m working on.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #772 on: October 29, 2020, 11:19:35 AM »
I snagged the Sniper figure.  The armor is a little too bright and clean for Star Wars, so I'm going to weather it up.  Can't decide if I'm going to kitbash it with anything else right now.  I was very excited about the price though, $9.84 US.  TVC are $13 which doesn't seem like much, but I'm much less like to grab one for experimenting that way.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #773 on: October 29, 2020, 11:40:15 PM »
Seems like they fit in well.

Yeah, I'm thinking either Balmorra Defense Force (along with a custom Governor Beltane ) from the Dark Horse comics or perhaps off screen New Republic troopers from the sequels (in my world the Republic wouldn't have been so stupid as to keep its entire military in one system - how dumb is that).

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #774 on: October 29, 2020, 11:43:21 PM »
The Halo stuff has always looked great. And at one time, I had considered collecting them. But now that I'm doing 1:18 military stuff, I'm probably gonna skip. I'd have to sell either my Neca collection or Star Wars stuff to house that...and let's face it. Over my dead body...lol

Keep up the great shots! P.S. how do you like your Hondo? I'm waiting on mine to ship.

Its taken me so long to respond, you may already have your Hondo figure. I really like him a lot. I appreciate having such an interesting "chaotic neutral" character in realistic style. Since I'm only a Star Wars 3.75" collector, I will add pieces that I can fit into the 'verse otherwise I won't buy them. I was really excited about aliens to add to Star Wars, but the troopers fit in well too.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 05:01:57 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #775 on: October 29, 2020, 11:44:36 PM »
Thank you for spotlighting all these other toy lines here that I would not had heard of otherwise. I so need to keep my eyes open for the Pilot figure. This has to become a Bodhi Rook custom. Congrats for scoring the new stuff already! The Halo line makes a fine addition to your collection for sure!

No problem. I haven't found the pilot or the single pack marine yet, but I'm pretty excited about the Elite and Ghost set that's due out.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #776 on: October 29, 2020, 11:45:16 PM »
I picked up a few of these last week.  I am going to incorporate the Pilot into a project I’m working on.

Great! I look forward to seeing how that turns out!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #777 on: October 29, 2020, 11:48:17 PM »
I snagged the Sniper figure.  The armor is a little too bright and clean for Star Wars, so I'm going to weather it up.  Can't decide if I'm going to kitbash it with anything else right now.  I was very excited about the price though, $9.84 US.  TVC are $13 which doesn't seem like much, but I'm much less like to grab one for experimenting that way.

I haven't found the Jackal yet, but will happily add it to the alien ranks when I do. I'm actually pretty happy with the Grunt/Marine two-pack. I'm also waiting to find the Brute Chieftan two-pack. But I can be very patient (I'm still waiting for a Rebel Soldier Echo Base VC68 :-\ - at a reasonable price - I think that's been about 9 years).

Offline Lenny Quinn

• Commander
  • Laugh it up fuzzball.
« Reply #778 on: October 30, 2020, 03:22:56 PM »
Very cool! They definitely fit in!

Offline Lance Quazar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #779 on: November 03, 2020, 04:44:20 PM »
Awesome new customs!  Ochi is creepy as hell and the wookiee is delightful!